This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-12-18 06:06:12

tanin
Scratcher

Scratch Interface : french translation update

Hi all,

Thanks for this great tool and for the translation. The community seems to be active and I think that Scratch needs promotion.

I updated french translation : a big portion of the UI is now in french. But I don't have any idea about posting/sharing/sending my fr.po file :
- Mail to a Scratch team member ?
- Public ou semi-public server ?

Didier

#2 2007-12-18 10:15:42

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Re: Scratch Interface : french translation update

I'd suggest putting it on a public server so everyone can see it. Thanks!

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#3 2007-12-18 14:26:26

claudep
Scratcher

Here's mine:
http://www.2xlibre.net/scratch/fr.po

It lacks mainly instruments, and one or two other strings.

#4 2007-12-18 15:40:33

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

It would be useful to give a brief description on how your translation differs from the one that comes with Scratch

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#5 2007-12-18 16:38:40

tanin
Scratcher

andresmh wrote:

It would be useful to give a brief description on how your translation differs from the one that comes with Scratch

The one that comes with scratch had only blocks translated (which is the most important, as said my 10 years old son, and I agree with him !).
After a diff with claudep's file, we had the same goal : the UI. We are at the same point : only very few messages not translated, but no MIDI instr. translated. My .po is mainly the same as claudep's one, only details or personal differences.

andresmh wrote:

Well... [strike]Have you[/strike](my english is definitly bad :-()Do you have any suggestion for such a server ?

Didier

Last edited by tanin (2007-12-22 17:37:41)

#6 2007-12-18 20:33:05

evhan55
Scratcher

tanin wrote:

andresmh wrote:

The one that comes with scratch had only blocks translated (which is the most important, as said my 10 years old son, and I agree with him !).
After a diff with claudep's file, we had the same goal : the UI. We are at the same point : only very few messages not translated, but no MIDI instr. translated. My .po is mainly the same as claudep's one, only details or personal differences.

andresmh wrote:

Well... Have you any suggestions for such a server ?

Didier

Bonjour Didier et Claude!

Thanks for your offers to give us your fr.po files!
Didier, you might consider using http://www.box.net/ to post your file, it is a free online storage service.

Would you both like to collaborate on the translation, in order to come up with one that we can offer with the current Scratch download?

We plan to set up a wiki sometime in the future to facilitate this type of translation collaboration, but in the meantime using this forum is a great way to start.

Please let me know what I can do to help you coordinate the French translation effort, I am also in contact with a third person, from Canada, who might have feedback on your translations.

Thanks for the input, looking forward to collaborating with you to make a French translation of the Scratch user interface!

Cordialement,
Evelyn
MIT Scratch Team

I love Scratch!  big_smile
my creative outlet

#7 2007-12-19 03:53:24

tanin
Scratcher

andresmh wrote:

Didier, you might consider using http://www.box.net/ to post your file, it is a free online storage service.

Hello Evelyn,

Thank you for the quick reply (and sorry for my poor english !). I've set up an account on box.net and will post my fr.po file as soon as possible (I'm at workplace for the moment).

andresmh wrote:

Would you both like to collaborate on the translation, in order to come up with one that we can offer with the current Scratch download?

The process have to be very light, but I'm OK to contribute !

The translation (claudep's one and mine) is almost complete. We need to agree with claudep on some details : I don't know if he is ready to look at my file to produce a unique result (very easy with a diff tool).

Bien cordialement,
Didier

#8 2007-12-19 12:41:11

evhan55
Scratcher

tanin wrote:

The translation (claudep's one and mine) is almost complete. We need to agree with claudep on some details : I don't know if he is ready to look at my file to produce a unique result (very easy with a diff tool).

Salut Didier,

This is a great idea!  Once you upload your file, Claude can look at it and look for differences with a diff tool and then suggest changes if he has any.

Once you have agreed on a translation, we would love to have your fr.po file!
I could then look it over as well (I speak a bit of French).

Thanks for your time!
Merci bien ~
Evelyn

my creative outlet

#9 2007-12-21 16:24:17

tanin
Scratcher

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply : I've been away from home last days for professional reasons. Here is my version : http://www.box.net/shared/4p0az125cg

I found a mistake in blocks translation and corrected it.

Claude : do you agree to look at my fr.po file and try to merge your version with mine ?
I would also appreciate everyone's idea or else.

Didier

Last edited by tanin (2008-01-04 18:04:26)

#10 2007-12-26 16:43:22

evhan55
Scratcher

tanin wrote:

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply : I've been away from home last days for professional reasons. Here is my version : http://www.box.net/shared/4p0az125cg

I found a mistake in blocks translation and corrected it.

Claude : do you agree to look at my fr.po file and try to merge your version and mine ?
I would also appriciate everyone's idea or else.

Didier

Hello Claude and tanin,

Claude, have you looked at tanin's version of the fr.po file yet?
As soon as you have agreed on a translation, please let me know and I will download it and include it in the next Scratch release.

Thanks for your time!
Evelyn

my creative outlet

#11 2008-01-06 12:32:17

minamata
Scratcher

soir,

je commençais cette AMidi   mettre l'interface de la 1.2.1 en français quand j'ai découvert ce message.

j'ai testé le fr.po sur box.net, il est très bien - Merci

#12 2008-01-06 12:55:26

minamata
Scratcher

no way to translate the "quit" message??

#13 2008-01-16 10:05:48

pcouillard
Scratcher

Hi everybody, Bonjour `a  tous,
(english will follow)

J'ai mis `a  la disposition des usagers une version québécoise francophone du fichier fr.po `a  l'adresse suivante : http://squeaki.recitmst.qc.ca/wakka.php?wiki=TrouverScratch/download&file=fr.po .

Tout est francisé dans l'interface. J'ai subsitué le mot "objet" `a  "sprite" car ce dernier n'est nullement francophone et si je désire que les écoles utilisent ce merveilleux outil, j'ai préféré le modifier ainsi. J'ai utilisé le mot "objet" pour être en lien avec Squeak qui utilise cette expression.

English message
I put for your convenience a complete french canadian version of the file fr.po at this URL : http://squeaki.recitmst.qc.ca/wakka.php?wiki=TrouverScratch/download&file=fr.po .

All the Scratch interface is completely french for French Canadian of Quebec. I rename "sprite" as "object" to link it with this expression in Squeak. Even if somebody translate "sprite" as "sprite" in French, it is not a correct translation. "Sprite doesn't exist in French. That's why I used "object" (if you prefer "objet" in French). I think it's a more appropriate word.

Au plaisir,
Have fun,

Pierre

Last edited by pcouillard (2008-01-17 11:02:30)

Board footer