This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-03-28 16:43:43

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

Ideas for my game

Hey everybody. I'm kind of stuck on ideas for this game. I've only finished the tutorial level, the option menu, and the instructions. Here's a brief summary of the game:

The computer detects a virus. You are Code_Runner, the computer's only hope to be saved.

Tutorial level: Go to the CPU, deliver information. Introduces how to move, what enemies look like, etc. in case you didn't read the instructions.

Level 1: Go to the AntiVirus Army to alert them of the danger. Here you had your first encounter with the Virus.

That's all I have so far. I'm thinking maybe Code Runner could join the antivirus army maybe? I don't know.

Also, do you think Code Runner should have a weapon? Like a futuristic gun or something? Or should he just be able to dodge enemies, not actually fight them?

Should there be bosses?

NOTE: You can see Code_Runner Demo in my projects, but I basically completely changed the gameplay part of it. The menu's still the same. I messed up on the Options menu. When I uploaded my project, my volume and brightness sliders turned into just normal readouts.

Thanks!

P.S. Does anyone know why this doesn't work? This is for a different game.
The sprite has 4 costumes.
Costume 1: 3...
Costume 2: 2...
Costume 3: 1...
Costume 4: GO!

Here's my code:

When gf clicked
Show
Switch to Costume [costume1]
Wait [1] secs
Switch to costume [costume2]
Wait [1] secs
Switch to costume [costume3]
Wait [1] secs
Switch to costume [costume4]
Wait [0.5] secs
Hide

#2 2013-03-29 13:24:38

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

Re: Ideas for my game

Is it okay to bump?
Also, nevermind about the Postscript, I fixed that.

#3 2013-04-03 22:49:28

harry85
New Scratcher

The idea is amazing and very original!
I think it would be cooler if there were bosses to make the game more challenging.
About special weapons... Maybe Code_Runner could throw "bugs" at the virus to make it weak - the more buggy, the easier to kill it.
I played the beta version of your game and there are few glitches when I tried to move Code_Runner. But the game is very promising  big_smile

#4 2013-04-04 18:36:31

EdgeGamer
Scratcher

This sounds cool! Maybe, along with little 'bug grenades' he could have a sort of vaccum-type sucker weapon that sucks in viruses (they resist more with less bugs, if they are strong) and then shoots them out like a beam at other enemies.

http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=EdgeGamer&action=onlineStatus&onlinehttp://i46.tinypic.com/jjpkeg.gif&offline=http://i49.tinypic.com/2mg05ki.gif

#5 2013-04-05 10:44:49

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

I like those ideas! Thanks! I created a plasma orb type of weapon, equivalent to just your average pistol in most shooter games. I also may use those bug grenades that you guys talked about. Thanks for giving me ideas! I'll give you credit, and/or advertise one of your games in my game somehow. I'm thinking for advertising, when you enter the options menu, it is a web browser. There are advertisements, like websites on web browsers normally have.

#6 2013-04-22 15:28:14

PPJB
New Scratcher

Hi.

About your P.S., I think that doesn't work because of the last "hide" block (under this, is nothing). I was thinking of:

when gf clicked
 show
 switch to costume [costume1]
 wait [1] secs
 switch to costume [costume2]
 wait [1] secs
 switch to costume [costume3]
 wait [1] secs
 switch to costume [costume4]
 wait [0.5] secs
 hide
 end