This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-02-24 12:22:00

kbray02
Scratcher

output options

I have some students how have been playing around with Scratch and would like to export what they created into Movie maker to ceate a movie/animation project.  Is there a way to do this, as I'm new to this software as of today?
Thank you

#2 2009-02-24 17:03:29

Greatdane
Scratcher

Re: output options

I think there is a way, just put it in a file, and click one export in movie maker and select that file, I'm not too sure it does work. I think you need maybe some conversion.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
        ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

#3 2009-02-24 18:40:20

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Re: output options

kbray02 wrote:

I have some students how have been playing around with Scratch and would like to export what they created into Movie maker to ceate a movie/animation project.  Is there a way to do this, as I'm new to this software as of today?
Thank you

Nothing but another Scratch project is able to import a Scratch Project so there is no direct way to get it into Movie Maker.  However, what you can do is run a screen capture utility that supports video.  Something like CamStudio might work.  Then, you run your Scratch project and capture the output directly to a video format using the screen capture utility.  The quality is not great, due to the coarse resolution of the Scratch screen, but it does work.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

Board footer