This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-01-03 23:02:31

shadowydepths
New Scratcher

Learning Japanese Romaji and Kana.

I'm teaching myself japanese Romaji and Kana. I'm learning these Japanese songs from this anime show called Soul Eater but I'm learning the full version of each of the songs.
Heres a list of the songs
----------------------------------
Ao no kaori
Sore ga Bokura no Michi Shirube *learned*
Resonance *almost done learning*
Papermoon *learned*
I Wanna Be *almost done learning*
Strength
Counter Identity (the song is by Unimate Square It's something like that i just can't remeber there name for some reason TTATT)
Style
Bakusou yume uta
Moobuiro no Sympathy
My Star
Dango Daikazoku *learned*

and thats it on the songs.
How 'bout you guys, learning any japanese songs?

I also have list of japanese, female, male, and last names and i made a little test for what name you would get and I got Sayomi (which means Night-Born) Takahashi. If you want I will post the test and you guys can take it ^u^ thought it might take me a bit to post it up here.

There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.
Soko berserk iie kamigami, iie akuma, iie tenshi, iie tengoku soretomo jigoku. Soko onri * no honzen yo. Shuukyou datte shinwa * meishin sono katakusuru hatsu * toriko-ni-suru kokoro.

#2 2011-01-03 23:11:41

shadowydepths
New Scratcher

Re: Learning Japanese Romaji and Kana.

bump
// wait are we allowed to bump 0A0" //

There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.
Soko berserk iie kamigami, iie akuma, iie tenshi, iie tengoku soretomo jigoku. Soko onri * no honzen yo. Shuukyou datte shinwa * meishin sono katakusuru hatsu * toriko-ni-suru kokoro.

#3 2011-01-05 20:17:29

b2w
Scratcher

do you like to play like i don't noscratch game or  i don't no!

#4 2011-01-07 10:05:15

shadowydepths
New Scratcher

i'm sorry what?

#5 2011-02-08 19:38:26

brawlman44
Scratcher

XD! the way you can learn is rosseta stone and another way to learn without spending money is soul eater or any other anime in subbed mode! hi is fire, hai is yes(could also be so) XD ya means no. ohaiyou means good morning. domo arigato means thanks a lot. well, i cant teach you all day long. XD seeyah! and good luck learning japanese in kana! (i hate romanji)  sad  oh well. seeyah later and if you have any probs you can learn kana language which is the easiest way.  smile   wink    http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=53736#req_message

life is like driving a car. take the wrong road, and you'll be lost. ~zeta yoru

#6 2011-02-08 23:00:47

shadowydepths
New Scratcher

Thanks brawlman44.  wink

#7 2011-02-11 16:24:50

shadowydepths
New Scratcher

Hey brawlman44 do you know these words in Japanese?
Are
Devils
Is
Hardens
Enslaves
Minds

#8 2011-02-12 11:42:20

shadowydepths
New Scratcher

bump

#9 2011-02-24 08:22:42

shadowydepths
New Scratcher

Never mind I got it and COunter Identity is actually by Unison Square Garden I figured it out.  wink

#10 2011-05-05 13:58:57

shadowydepths
New Scratcher

Can we edit these things OoO? I'd like to change things on here =3="

#11 2011-10-11 17:09:28

brawlman44
Scratcher

take this from a real japanese person, all who want to learn japanese.

ok. whoever reads this must know a couple things. kana is just a thing made up by the japanese. kana for me basically doesn't exist. there's two syllabaries called hiragana (for the japanese native tounge and chinese words) and katakana (the syllabary used for un-native things such as puertorican spanish, american english, french, etc.)  smile  when it comes to japanese, it's also important that japanese has a bunch of rules that you must follow. the japanese word baka is almost never used. neither are any curses and insults. and you must have a so called "poker face" when dis-honored meaning you must keep from causing a fight, or argument when you are in japan. kanji is not an alphabet for japan but it is an adopted ideogram from the chinese. there are approx. 5000 kanji for us japanese to learn but the neccesary quantity for which you must learn are only 1,995 kanji. you learn these allout school in japan. you must be careful when you learn kanji too! there are two ways to read them call kun'yomi and on'yomi. you can never know which way to read kanji. but you do have clues: when you read two kanji that are put one after another, you read it the on'yomi way (strictly speaking: the chinese way). when you read them one kanji, one hiragana, then another kanji, you read it the kun'yomi way (the japanese way). butbe careful with them... this procedure works 95% of the time. usually, the japanese names are all written in kanji and are read the kun'yomi way without any exception. also, there are many problems that many people don't understand when learning japanese: when constructing a sentence, the words are constructed this way>>>>>>> the subject/topic goes first in the sentence. then the adverb or object goes next. then last goes the verb. i'll give you an example: watashi no nomea wa zeta yoru desu. >>>>>>>>>translation: my name is zeta yoru.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this is how the translation in broken down: watashi (the word i. there are many ways to say i in japanese and same senario with you). no has no meaning in japanese but it shows the what posses what so "watashi no: (i posess or in other words: my)" nomae (name). watashi no nomae wa. wa has no meaning also. wa is a particle that indicates the topic of the statement. (the subject in japanese is ga) so, my name is the topic of the statement. watashi no nomae wa zeta yoru desu. zeta yoru is my name. desu is the verb "to be". note: the u in desu is hardly pronounced so it would be like des. so with the word ga. i'll say i'm a student in japanese. watashi wa gakusei desu. wa indicates you are the topic so the translation would be i'm a student. watashi ga gakusei desu would be translated as "i'm the student." the word ga indicates you are the subject. the topic is a certain student. you are that certain student so you are the subject in that topic. take some practice so you'll learn which words you can use. this is the hardest thing for my friend to distinct. now, the end of sentence particle ka and no mean the same thing. i'll say what is this in japanese. "nan desu ka?" ka indicates that the sentence is a question. same scenario with no but the particle no is less formal. if i want to say what's this for my close friend i'd say "nan desu no?" or way less formal "nan da no?" look, i can't teach you japanese all throughout here on scratch, but i know someone who can. my good friend and also, my mothers friend marc bernabe currently in spain, barcelona, made 3 books that teach you japanese.

read his book called: japanese in mangaland! (manga de nihongo) read all 3 editions and learn japanese and don't forget........ have fun! japanese is complicated for the original student but when you read his book, as my friend mac did, you'll learn while having real fun! (not a stupid sales pitch) this book is the real deal, so read japanese in mangaland 1,2, and 3!

-- zeta yoru.                 ps. if you give up, ganbatte!!!!! ganbatte means you can do it!

Last edited by brawlman44 (2011-12-02 22:52:16)

#12 2011-10-12 20:07:23

cord_thundertree
Scratcher

i dont know japenese  tongue

#13 2011-10-14 07:00:03

brawlman44
Scratcher

it's not hard, actually. they say it is, but my friend says it's easy to learn and i met him in nagano, japan. do you spaek any other language?

#14 2011-10-14 07:44:20

brawlman44
Scratcher

Are
Devils
Is
Hardens
Enslaves
Minds
japanese translation:

desu (u is silent)
akuma
desu (u is silent)
katamaru
dorei
kokoro
-------------------------------
but the thing is, there is not many excact translations in japanese. in english, many japanese words are scrambled and many english speakers get confused.

as in the japanese sentence: "omae no kokoro yo!"

the literal translation would be "you (possessive particle because word no) heard/mind and emphasis particle.

but you need to think a little and scramble it up. so the translation to sound more fluent would be "it's your heart!"

i hope this helps you out in your learnings, shadowydepths!  wink

#15 2011-10-14 08:59:56

brawlman44
Scratcher

shadowydepths wrote:

I'm teaching myself japanese Romaji and Kana. I'm learning these Japanese songs from this anime show called Soul Eater but I'm learning the full version of each of the songs.
Heres a list of the songs
Ao no kaori
Sore ga Bokura no Michi Shirube *learned*
Resonance *almost done learning*
Papermoon *learned*
I Wanna Be *almost done learning*
Strength
Counter Identity (the song is by Unimate Square It's something like that i just can't remeber there name for some reason TTATT)
Style
Bakusou yume uta
Moobuiro no Sympathy
My Star
Dango Daikazoku *learned*

and thats it on the songs.
How 'bout you guys, learning any japanese songs?

I also have list of japanese, female, male, and last names and i made a little test for what name you would get and I got Sayomi (which means Night-Born) Takahashi. If you want I will post the test and you guys can take it ^u^ thought it might take me a bit to post it up here.

okay, sayomi. i need you to know this: the lyrics are right. and also, when you read the lyrics in other sites and they have a somewhat different translation.

check this in japanese: mabushi kaze no naka de egaku yo kimi no egao.

the translation can be 1): show your dazzling smile in the breeze.
                                2): in the breeze, i can see your dazzling smile.
                            or 3): i see you smiling through this dazzling breeze.

it's not that they're wrong. but when it comes to japanese translation you need to know that japanese words are mixed and matched to make the translation sound more fluent to them. read the next paragraph for instance.

i'm gonna reveal this to you who depend a little too much on the translation to theme songs.

did you notice how songs in japanese that are translated to english seem to make no sence, or the subject changes too fast?

ok. i'll show you this: mabushi kaze no naka de egaku yo kimi no egao. sunao ni nareru shunkan. this song refrence is from my favorite anime called infinite stratos.

translation: in the dazzling breeze, i can see your smile. the moment i can be honest with my feelings.

notice anything there? that's right. the song changed meaning. that means the translation in not wrong, but put out in a different and incorrect formality.

here's the lyrics to my favorite song called crawl by veltpunch.

lyrics: chi wa hau yo ni susunde wa hebon na joushou kurikaesu. kizamareta unmei datte tada shinkokyuu. tarinai no wa wakate ita guon ni tsubusaresou na hibi. hari no yo na ame mo yande kimi ga kitta.

translation: advancing by crawling along the earth is just the same climb all over again. even when i don't have the courage to move on, i just take a deep breath. i knew it wasn;t enough with the humdrum of every single day killing me but the needle-like rain had stopped and you arrived.

that's the right format, but to many other english and japanese speakers out there, the translation is different. here's why giving you an example.

kore wa watashi no hon desu.
kore wa boku no hon desu
kore wa ore no hon desu
*kore wa atashi no hon desu*

all of them mean this is my book. here's the literal translation format.

kore(this) wa(topic particle that points out the topic in the statement) watashi/boku/ore(i (boys usually say these with watahi being for both genders)) no(the possesive particle) hon(book) desu(to be)

so the literal trans. would be "this (topic) i (possess) book be.

mix and match to get your own translation. mine is this is my book, but you can get: this book belongs to me, this book is mine, i possess this book, this is a book in my possession, and more different translations that are supposed to have the same meaning.

*atashi is the female way of saing "i" or "me"

another example that may be a bit advanced to whoever doesn't know how to conjugate the japanese verbs:

satomi-chan, kite, kudasai.

translation: come here, satomi.

here's the breakdown: satomi-chan(chan being the suffix) kite(command for come) kudasai(please, which makes the imperative command a request)

mix and match the translation so you can get possibly your own translation.

here's a bit of japanese begginers vocabulary:
hon:book
tori:bird
kuru:to come
*:then
desu:to be (translated to "is" "are" "am" etc.)
yoru:night
nihon/nippon:japan
nihongo:japanese(language)
nihonjin:japanese(person)

numbers:
rei/zero, ichi, ni, san, shi/ropu, go, roku, shichi/nana, hachi, ku/kyu, and ju.

more vocab:
raitto:light
terebi:t.v.
bideo:video
konpyutta:computer

a little more things you should know.
the letter "l" doesn't exist in japanese. so when you want to say look, you'd say rook.

also, japanese verbs go in the end of the sentence no matter what.
also, the pronunciation for japanese words are simple.

a as in father.
i as in ee
u as in recuperate
e as in set
o as in no
r as in the spanish fashin. but not the rolling trill, don't worry.  smile
tsu as in ritzuruguay
chi as in cheat
shi as in she

here are the ways to greet people if you are a begginer:
ohayo gozaimasu!:good morning!(can also be ohayo in simple form.)
konnichi wa!:good afternoon!
konban wa!:good evening!

that's pretty much all i can show you, cuz i want you to practice before i can shove more knowledge down your throat.

i hope you enjoyed the lesson!  wink

there will be more to come! japanese man/brawlman44/zeta yoru/ out!
(one more final translation for practice)
japanese: boku yori kakkoi no wa sugimoto akira desu!

boku:i
yori:more
kakkoi:handsome
no(possesion)
wa(topic in sentence)
sugimoto akira(japanese male name)
desu:to be

macs translation: only akira sugimoto is more handsome than me!

ok. zeta yoru out! :p
for shadowydepths:

Are
Devils
Is
Hardens
Enslaves
Minds
japanese translation:

desu (u is silent)
akuma
desu (u is silent)
katamaru
dorei
kokoro

there's your translation to your request!

#16 2011-11-04 21:05:11

vinpenguin
New Scratcher

i know nothing about japanize. all i know about from japan are animes, spesificly dragonball z.  smile

#17 2011-11-18 17:41:31

brawlman44
Scratcher

jpanese isn't hard. it's really fun to learn.  big_smile

#18 2011-12-31 12:11:31

brawlman44
Scratcher

hello, everyone! it's my firts official lesson on japanese! how i learned english, the first lesson was basic vocab. this lesson will be basic vocab.

lesson 1. personal pronouns.

since you want to learn japanese, and speak fluent at it, you need to learn basic vocab.i'll first give you all words that all mean "i" or "me".

watakushi. very formal.
note: pronouned like watakshi.

watashi. normal formal.
boku.informal only used by boys.
atashi.informal only used by girls.
ore: only used by boys. vulgar.

now here are the words that mean "you".

anata. formal.
kimi. used only by boys, but girls tend to use it.
omae. vulger only used by boys.
anta. used by both, but vulgar.

now for "we".

watakushi goes to watakushidomo or *.

watashi goes to * or wareware.
boku goes to bokutachi or bokura.
atashi goes to * or atashira.
ore goes to oretachi or orera.

and last for plural "you" or "all of you".

anata goes to anatagata or anatatachi.
kimi goes to kimitachi or kimira.
omae goes to omaetachi or omaera.
anta goes to antatachi or antara.

#19 2013-03-21 18:24:48

burp392
Scratcher

Ive tried to learn, but i always forget the words. i guess i just have to keep practicing

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TBqkIApHJzc/S_hGhAYfDhI/AAAAAAAAAFI/EHr-Tz6c8Gg/s1600/logo_de_anime.jpg

Board footer