This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-08-22 06:53:09

scimonster
Community Moderator

Which Requests go Where?

There are 32 boards (40 if you count the archived ones) in the Scratch Forums, and many of them are for requesting things. However, there is only one called “Requests”.
This topic should clear up which requests goes where.  smile

Collab Camp - Music Mashups exclusive for Collab Camp! — Requesting members for your Collab Camp
Help with Scripts — Requesting help with your scripts (how did you know?  tongue )
Show and Tell — Requesting views and/or feedback on a project and/or gallery; creating a "review shop" also goes here
Project Ideas — Requesting ideas and/or feedback on ideas for projects
Collaboration — Requesting members for your collaboration, and other things with collaborations (although advanced collaborations [mods, etc] go in Advanced Topics)
Requests — Requesting media like a signature or art; creating a request shop for those items
Questions About Scratch — Requesting help with certain features of Scratch
Suggestions — Requesting new features
Troubleshooting — Requesting bug fixes
Connecting to the Physical World — Requesting help with PicoBoards, Lego WeDo, and other related things
Advanced Topics — Requesting help with advanced programming, such as Squeak (the language Scratch is coded in) or other programming languages, or trigonometry
FAQ — Requesting answers to oft-asked questions about Scratch
Things I’m Making and Creating — Requesting feedback/discussion on things you made outside of Scratch (stuff made in Scratch e.g, projects, belong in Show And Tell)
Things I’m Reading and Playing — Requesting discussion on books, movies, music, games, etc.
The Language Forums (German [Deutsch], Spanish [Español], French [Français], Hebrew [עברית], Italian [Italiano], Japanese [日本語], Chinese [中文], Greek [Ελληνικά], Korean [한국어], Portuguese [Português], Norwegian [Norsk], Dutch [Nederlands], Turkish [Türkçe], Polish [Polski]) and Other Languages — Requesting help with Scratch in languages other than English (use a specific one if your language is there; otherwise use Other Languages) (That’s a long description!)
Translating Scratch — Requesting parts of the Scratch Program and/or Website be localized to your language.

I didn’t tell you there’s a Scratch Wiki page about Which Forum Should My Post Go In? already.  tongue  Feel free to read that one too.  wink  Except it’s still a bit outdated...

There are other requests that don’t go in specific forums. For these, the report button should be used.

Requesting a topic to be moved — If you see a topic in the wrong forum, please report it to be moved.
Requesting your topics to be closed — When you made a topic, and it got answered, you can ask for it to be closed. This way other people cannot post in it. I occasionally request for others’ topics to be closed when they do not know how to report, but only after they’ve posted that they want it closed.
Requesting your topics to be opened — Sometimes, after a topic got closed, either by request or by the time limit (2 months of inactivity in most forums), you will want it open again. Simply report it with your reason for reopening.
Requesting a signature to be shrunken — Sometimes people don’t follow the rules and use overlarge signatures. You can report it asking to be shrunken my a mod. This doesn’t really apply nowadays because signatures above 150 pixels get cut off.
New Scratchers — Requesting an edit — Everyone makes typos. People with “Scratcher” status can just edit their post and fix it, but New Scratchers can’t. They are allowed to report requesting that a mod edit their post.

Scratch On!  big_smile

Last edited by scimonster (2012-07-10 11:02:33)

#2 2011-09-04 02:52:09

scimonster
Community Moderator

Re: Which Requests go Where?

Bump.

Please sticky this, someone. :3

#3 2011-09-05 07:18:03

scimonster
Community Moderator

I added a new section. This clarifies even more requests!

#4 2011-09-06 10:50:47

scimonster
Community Moderator

Has anyone read this? If you have, please tell me what you think of it.
I just changed part of a sentence.

#5 2011-09-06 10:54:37

ScareCrowCritic
Scratcher

oh ok. Could you move my post to show and tell then? sorry i didn't know  tongue

http://i.imgur.com/Sy57w.gif

#6 2011-09-06 10:55:28

scimonster
Community Moderator

ScareCrowCritic wrote:

oh ok. Could you move my post to show and tell then? sorry i didn't know  tongue

I can't move it; I'm not a mod.  tongue
You can report it, as I said.  wink

#7 2011-09-06 10:59:39

ScareCrowCritic
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

ScareCrowCritic wrote:

I can't move it; I'm not a mod.  tongue
You can report it, as I said.  wink

Oh yeah.  tongue  I'll go report it

http://i.imgur.com/Sy57w.gif

#8 2011-09-18 05:55:28

scimonster
Community Moderator

Stickied now; thanks! :DDD

#9 2011-09-21 18:46:04

owetre18
Scratcher

wow, a user-made topic got stickied.

#10 2011-09-21 22:37:40

rabbit1131
Scratcher

owetre18 wrote:

wow, a user-made topic got stickied.

ikr?

The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia! I hope you will partake in this gigantic undertaking, to build the sequel to the hit map The Adventures of Revesilia! The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia Map Builders Application thread! http://internetometer.com/image/35004.png

#11 2011-09-21 23:54:07

kayybee
Scratcher

Here's another request for the second section:

Requesting Topics to be Re-Opened
Sometimes you close a topic if you think you don't need it anymore, or sometimes the thread gets automatically closed because of it's long period of inactivity. But you might want to continue discussion on your thread, so all you have to do is ask a mod to re-open the topic.

Anyways, good job on getting the first sticky topic in Requests!

And to those who are surprised by the user-created sticky, just check the suggestions forum.

Also, add the Sensor Boards.

Request help and information about Sensor Boards.

P.S. It's not "several" fora in the Scratch Forums. It's "many" fora in the Scratch Forums...

Also, maybe you should just add one entry for:
Other Languages
Request help and other information about Scratch in languages that are not English.

Last edited by kayybee (2011-09-21 23:55:57)

#12 2011-09-22 03:22:58

scimonster
Community Moderator

Thanks for the suggestions, kayybee! I'll update it when I have time.  smile

@PeopleWhoAreSurprisedByTheSticky: LOL. I wrote this, waited about a week for a mod to notice it, then reported it asking for it to be stickied.  tongue  That's also how I got my ITopic in NSM.  tongue

#13 2011-09-22 04:12:06

Hardmath123
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

There are several forums in the Scratch Forums, and many of them are for requesting things. However, there is only one called “Requests”.

Show and Tell — Requesting views/feedback on a project
All About Scratch — Requesting help with your scripts
Advanced Topics — Requesting help with advanced programming.
Collaboration — Requesting members for your collaboration, and other things with collaborationss
Requests — Requesting media like a signature or art; creating a request shop
Project Ideas — Requesting ideas for projects

I didn’t tell you there’s a Scratch Wiki page about Which Forum Should My Post Go In? already.  tongue  Feel free to read that one too.  wink

There are other requests that don’t go in specific forums. For these, the report button should be used.

Requesting a topic to be moved — If you see a topic in the wrong forum, please report it to be moved.
Requesting your topics to be closed — When you made a topic, and it got answered, you can ask for it to be closed. This way other people cannot post in it. I occasionally request for others’ topics to be closed when they do not know how to report, but only after they’ve posted that they want it closed.
Requesting a signature to be shrunken — Sometimes people don’t follow the rules and use overlarge signatures. This doesn’t really apply nowadays because signatures above 150px (150 pixels) get cut off.
New Scratchers — Requesting an edit — Everyone makes typos. People with “Scratcher” status can just edit their post and fix it, but New Scratchers can’t. They are allowed to report requesting that a mod edit their post.

Scratch On!  big_smile

Some small, red suggestions...

Hardmaths-MacBook-Pro:~ Hardmath$ sudo make $(whoami) a sandwich

#14 2011-09-22 04:58:43

scimonster
Community Moderator

Hardmath123 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

There are several forums in the Scratch Forums, and many of them are for requesting things. However, there is only one called “Requests”.

Collaboration — Requesting members for your collaboration, and other things with collaborationss

I didn’t tell you there’s a Scratch Wiki page about Which Forum Should My Post Go In? already.  tongue  Feel free to read that one too.  wink

Requesting a signature to be shrunken — Sometimes people don’t follow the rules and use overlarge signatures. This doesn’t really apply nowadays because signatures above 150px (150 pixels) get cut off.

Scratch On!  big_smile

Collaborationss?  tongue

#15 2011-09-22 05:43:10

Hardmath123
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Hardmath123 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Scratch On!  big_smile

Collaborationss?  tongue

lol

Hardmaths-MacBook-Pro:~ Hardmath$ sudo make $(whoami) a sandwich

#16 2011-10-08 16:52:31

CheckItNow12
Scratcher

Can you close my topic of a signature request? I Got what I Was looking for.

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af47/NicolBolas_Alara/Doctor%20Who/raincry.gif

#17 2011-10-09 10:05:04

scimonster
Community Moderator

CheckItNow12 wrote:

Can you close my topic of a signature request? I Got what I Was looking for.

I'm not a mod.  tongue
Report it.  wink

#18 2011-10-09 10:16:19

scimonster
Community Moderator

Updated based on Hardmath123 and kayybee's suggestions.  smile

#19 2011-10-30 13:25:15

gerbils800
Scratcher

This was very helpful! Thanks for making it.  smile

#20 2011-12-14 19:16:10

UnprovenTheorem
Scratcher

As someone new to the Scratch Forums, I found this thread very helpful -- thank you for making it!

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/715361_med.png?t=2011-02-04+01%3A52%3A00 Who am I? i = sqrt(-1).

#21 2011-12-15 13:08:09

scimonster
Community Moderator

UnprovenTheorem wrote:

As someone new to the Scratch Forums, I found this thread very helpful -- thank you for making it!

You're quite welcome!  big_smile  It has proven useful to some people even not new!

#22 2011-12-16 00:12:42

UnprovenTheorem
Scratcher

One question: if I was looking for coding and content feedback on a project in development, which Forum would be the right one for that? (All About Scratch? Show and Tell?)

Last edited by UnprovenTheorem (2011-12-16 00:13:50)

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/715361_med.png?t=2011-02-04+01%3A52%3A00 Who am I? i = sqrt(-1).

#23 2012-01-05 01:40:10

scimonster
Community Moderator

UnprovenTheorem wrote:

One question: if I was looking for coding and content feedback on a project in development, which Forum would be the right one for that? (All About Scratch? Show and Tell?)

Either one would be OK.  smile
(Sorry, I haven't checked Requests in a while. ^^)

#24 2012-01-12 17:09:36

RedRocker227
Scratcher

Nice guide! The bit about reporting too big signatures isn't really necessary anymore though, seeing as there's now a height limit.

Why

#25 2012-01-13 00:57:27

scimonster
Community Moderator

RedRocker227 wrote:

Nice guide! The bit about reporting too big signatures isn't really necessary anymore though, seeing as there's now a height limit.

Thanks!  big_smile  I know about not reporting overlarge sigs, and I even linked to that. I just didn't feel like changing it.  tongue

Board footer