This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-02-17 16:50:39

MasterOfMac
Scratcher

I'm back!

I've retreated into the realms of C++, Logo, ActionScript and even Java (meh)
After all that I've decided that it's time to try and put out into the Scratch community once again... although judging from all the projects I've looked through I'm certainly still a creativity noob  tongue
Anyhow.. I'm posting in this thread because I've got to learn the new ways and just as a shout out to the general community..
Can't wait to start from Scratch!

*sarcasm*

#2 2009-02-17 16:55:15

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Re: I'm back!

Hey MasterOfMac!  Good to hear from you again.  After playing around with all those fancy "feature rich" languages, you'll probably be happy to click a few control blocks together again and make the sprites move around! 

It's like camping...get back to the pure and simple things in life!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#3 2009-02-18 02:03:30

MasterOfMac
Scratcher

Exactly.
Plus I'm a bit more of a visual thinker.. It's hard for me to code for 10 hours, whereas editing or 3d design have no limits. I guess that's where Scratch comes in at this point  tongue
Plus the people here aren't such ______ about my questions.

*sarcasm*

#4 2009-02-18 05:58:26

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

MasterOfMac wrote:

Exactly.
Plus I'm a bit more of a visual thinker.. It's hard for me to code for 10 hours, whereas editing or 3d design have no limits. I guess that's where Scratch comes in at this point  tongue
Plus the people here aren't such ______ about my questions.

The visual thinker thing - same here! 

As for the _____'s out there, I'm not sure why people are so rude on some sites.  There's really no call for it...it's just aggravating and unpleasant to view.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

Board footer