This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#3676 2011-08-17 22:55:27

Lunastar-
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I'm really interested in being a curator! It would be fun choosing good projects out of the 2 million on scratch.. But I wouldn't just choose good ones. I'd choose projects by people that put hard work into their games, but they barely get noticed.. I mean, it makes Scratchers upset that their AWESOME projects never get noticed, but by just curating a project by the person, then it would really make them feel good that somebody actually appreciates their hard work. That somebody (both of them) could be me.
(Ok, why am I going on about me? I guess because I feel the same way as the Scratchers I'm talking about?) I'm not very popular, although I've been on Scratch for 8 months, I don't get a lot of attention. I only get a lot of attention on ART projects. It's great that I'm good at drawing and programming games, I only get attention on the ART. It's what everyone likes these days. ART. And Mario and Lineguys. That's what I'm not going to curate. Because they're so EASY to make and |they have little effort put into them (LGs and Mario|, AND they're the only things that get noticed. What about Pokémon and the other stuff? So much work is put into it, but it never gets noticed? I've NEVER seen anything Pokémon on the Front Page before, so much hard work is put into the GAMES. It's really hard to do that stuff, (see my Pokémon Spring project). That was HORRIBLY hard to make, (it's still unfinished), and it only has 3 views?! And my art projects have, like, 20? Something's wrong. I don't like it.
(Now I'm going on to the popular people.)
Their projects are the ones that are ALWAYS getting views, and their fans always stay tuned for their new ones, like lineman stuff. Linemans are boring. They only view the projects because they want the person to stay popular, but their popularity will most likely NEVER die. Because if you're popular you're popular. But I don't look at projects by popular people. Rarely ever. I focus on the great un-noticed projects. Why doesn't everyone else do that? It's a good thing to do! I'm like a role model to my friends on scratch, so why shouldn't other people be?
When somebody gets curated, it's like that person's time to shine. I like when people feel like that.
PLEASE think about making me a curator, I'd really like to be one!  big_smile

L- Lunatic is my second middle name. | U- unique | N- Night has stars and "los lunas" in it.  wink  | A- awesomeful | S- Super punny|
T- Three-time curated, once featured | A- Awesomest. curator. EVER!!!! (woo hoo) | R- Rainbows rule, peoples!

#3677 2011-08-18 17:08:58

phineasandferbfan9
Scratcher

i'd love to be a curator!  big_smile

I Have the first "One Pound Fish" Music Video on Scratch! (i couldnt make a clickable link) http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/phineasandferbfan9/3093467

#3678 2011-08-18 17:25:57

Death_Wish
Scratcher

Gah, why do so many people make speeches saying, "I want to be curator." "Me too." etc.? I mean, just that sentence. Shouldn't they write a speech or something?

Well, to the people that do that, I'd recommend putting in a little more effort. I've only seen curators that wrote speeches as long as LunaStars' or MoonLitePond's. Don't take this as criticism, take it as advice  smile

With a straight flush.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FlUhnzmIROE/TgtpjdJl4tI/AAAAAAAABCM/W19pvFTZFaU/s1600/save_the_world.png http://blocsonic.com/images/special/rip-stevejobs.jpg

#3679 2011-08-18 17:43:53

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Death_Wish wrote:

Gah, why do so many people make speeches saying, "I want to be curator." "Me too." etc.? I mean, just that sentence. Shouldn't they write a speech or something?

Well, to the people that do that, I'd recommend putting in a little more effort. I've only seen curators that wrote speeches as long as LunaStars' or MoonLitePond's. Don't take this as criticism, take it as advice  smile

Actually, on the contrary! This is all that I posted, and it worked like a charm, such that I became the ... eleventh? ... curator on the Scratch website. Really, writing up a big long paragraph about how awesome you are at being constructive on Scratch won't help. What DOES help is showing that you're active and constructive by participating around the forums and website, and you'll be in before you know it.  big_smile

But, while posting that you'd like to be curator is all fine and dandy, it also helps to post what kinds of projects you'd curate. That will even further increase your chances of getting in. It is shown that the Scratch Team values this statement a lot here. You'll also notice I later appended that to my earlier post, as shown herebig_smile

#3680 2011-08-18 20:27:48

Death_Wish
Scratcher

coolstuff wrote:

Death_Wish wrote:

Actually, on the contrary! This is all that I posted, and it worked like a charm, such that I became the ... eleventh? ... curator on the Scratch website. Really, writing up a big long paragraph about how awesome you are at being constructive on Scratch won't help. What DOES help is showing that you're active and constructive by participating around the forums and website, and you'll be in before you know it.  big_smile

But, while posting that you'd like to be curator is all fine and dandy, it also helps to post what kinds of projects you'd curate. That will even further increase your chances of getting in. It is shown that the Scratch Team values this statement a lot here. You'll also notice I later appended that to my earlier post, as shown herebig_smile

That was back then, when there wasn't as many applicants. Now you need to write a better speech to be a curator, no? Or at least from the curators I've seen so far, most of them wrote long speeches.

With a straight flush.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FlUhnzmIROE/TgtpjdJl4tI/AAAAAAAABCM/W19pvFTZFaU/s1600/save_the_world.png http://blocsonic.com/images/special/rip-stevejobs.jpg

#3681 2011-08-19 02:57:40

scimonster
Community Moderator

Death_Wish wrote:

coolstuff wrote:

Death_Wish wrote:

That was back then, when there wasn't as many applicants. Now you need to write a better speech to be a curator, no? Or at least from the curators I've seen so far, most of them wrote long speeches.

Mine was only 3 lines.  tongue

#3682 2011-08-19 03:01:25

JJROCKER
Scratcher

Death_Wish wrote:

coolstuff wrote:

Death_Wish wrote:

I think I applied like a year ago with a little speech  tongue

http://www.blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?action=random&return=image&link1=http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3491/signature1y.jpg&link2=http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5272/signature1sx.jpg&link3=http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8514/signature1et.jpg&link4=http://i.imgur.com/POEpQyZ.png&link5=http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4640/jjrockerfinal.jpg

#3683 2011-08-19 07:46:36

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

JJROCKER wrote:

Death_Wish wrote:

coolstuff wrote:

Even so, my speech was over 1000 words long before I was picked.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=optimaxdj.jpg&res=medium
Treat others as you would like to be treated  smile

#3684 2011-08-19 14:35:24

Lunastar-
Scratcher

Optimax-DJ wrote:

JJROCKER wrote:

Death_Wish wrote:

Yeah, Optimax-DJ got picked because they liked his speech! I liked it too.  smile  If you do a speech then you will most likely get picked, and speechwriting lets out your feelings about WHY you want to be chosen.

L- Lunatic is my second middle name. | U- unique | N- Night has stars and "los lunas" in it.  wink  | A- awesomeful | S- Super punny|
T- Three-time curated, once featured | A- Awesomest. curator. EVER!!!! (woo hoo) | R- Rainbows rule, peoples!

#3685 2011-08-19 14:35:24

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Optimax-DJ wrote:

JJROCKER wrote:

Death_Wish wrote:

I'm not sure it was the 1000-word speech that got you picked. It may not have made that big a difference. The only things you need to mention while applying is what kinds of projects you'd pick, and that you'd like to apply.  smile

#3686 2011-08-19 15:05:34

Death_Test
Scratcher

Well, coolstuff, if a random person just asked, "Can I be a curator?" they won't get picked. You got picked because you were one of the first to join, and you were pretty helpful, no? People that are known for being helpful, of course, have the most chances. But the thing is that almost everybody here are New Scratchers that aren't known for helping too much, and also post very small posts.

Death_Wish's Test Account.

#3687 2011-08-19 16:39:46

FlamingNinjaCoops
Scratcher

i would love to be a curator! i would pick out projects by unpopular and popular scratchers alike! this is totaly my week job! but i guess it's the scratch team's choice, but it's cool thinking about it!

Dig Up Diamonds, Craft Up Diamonds, Make Some Armour, Get it made! - Captain Sparkles Rap Part of his parody of Usher Dj's Got Us Fallin' In Love Again!

#3688 2011-08-19 17:25:26

Abigail1101
Scratcher

Cool! Sounds good!

Let's hope I'm online. I think I am... well maybe...

#3689 2011-08-19 18:37:56

jslomba
Scratcher

Abigail1101 wrote:

Cool! Sounds good!

what sounds good?

the the the the the

#3690 2011-08-19 22:20:14

flamekyle
Scratcher

If I was chosen to be Curator I still wouldn't mind, there are a lot of great projects and games out there that will eventually get chosen, even if they don't care about fame

Last edited by flamekyle (2011-08-19 22:21:03)

http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-173x63Alt5.jpg

#3691 2011-08-20 08:56:03

moppergames
Scratcher

I would love to be a cuator on scratch. I really think that there are some good games that need to be seen

#3692 2011-08-20 08:57:36

jslomba
Scratcher

moppergames wrote:

I would love to be a cuator on scratch. I really think that there are some good games that need to be seen

sorry, the Scratch Team isxn't accepting new scratchers as curators.

the the the the the

#3693 2011-08-20 13:59:06

imaperson123
Scratcher

can i be a curator? lol

http://gstheadquarters.weebly.com/uploads/9/3/8/8/9388597/7786047.gif [img][/img] http://internetometer.com/image/31593.png http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=imaperson123&action=onlineStatus

#3694 2011-08-20 14:04:22

scimonster
Community Moderator

Death_Test wrote:

Well, coolstuff, if a random person just asked, "Can I be a curator?" they won't get picked. You got picked because you were one of the first to join, and you were pretty helpful, no? People that are known for being helpful, of course, have the most chances. But the thing is that almost everybody here are New Scratchers that aren't known for helping too much, and also post very small posts.

You're DeathWish, right? Weird name...  tongue

Also, Coolstuff, were you a mod at that time?

#3695 2011-08-20 14:19:24

Death_Wish
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Death_Test wrote:

You're DeathWish, right? Weird name...  tongue

Also, Coolstuff, were you a mod at that time?

Death_Wish, yes, that's my test account  tongue
And no, coolstuff wasn't a moderator at that time. I remember because I saw some projects he curated, and I didn't know who he was. He was made moderator in 2010, I think... But I don't really remember, maybe I'm confused with illusionist/dazachi. I'm sure he wasn't a mod yet, though  tongue

With a straight flush.

#3696 2011-08-20 17:59:09

mulus_equum_amat
Scratcher

I would be interested in being a curator, if that is possible.  I know I've been off of Scratch for awhile, and I don't know how long I'll be back.  However, if I am made a curator, I will probably stay active until someone else becomes the curator.  I would probably pick a lot of older projects that were good, but never got popular, especially the games.  Those are probably my favorite projects.

Staudeey da feesh!    tongue

#3697 2011-08-20 22:06:16

alphakretinX
Scratcher

I would absolutely love to be a curator because some people don't get their scratches realized @ all.  Like me, and Koganinja, and one of our newest members, TheMagicalHairband.  Oh yeah, and Henrystanley.  And some others that I will not mention who have not yet been recognized for the genii (grammatically correct plural of genius) they are.

#3698 2011-08-20 23:17:38

4lover
Scratcher

Why would I like to become a curator. I would like to become a curator for many reasons. One reason is that I would choose projects from a diverse array. For example I would choose possibly one action and one storytelling and one educational. Yes educational. I support educational projects because isnt that what scratch is all about? Another reason I fell like I should be chosen as a curator is because I will choose projects that I feel are good. Many other people say that they will choose projects that arent noticed but are really good. While I agree with them I feel like if a project has 80 views compared to a project with 40 views but the one with 80 is a better project then they deserve to go on the front page. while many would say that the creator of that project is already famous and the other one is not so he should get featured I dissagree. For example lets say you, The scratch team create another programming site and a different company creates another programming site but yours is better and has more people on it. Do you believe that they should get advertised as a better site than yours because your old site is already famous or should you guys get advertised?
, your fellow scratcher 4lover

Check out this awesome new zombie-cod type of game: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/4lover/1975649

#3699 2011-08-21 09:13:23

Lunastar-
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Death_Wish wrote:

coolstuff wrote:

Mine was only 3 lines.  tongue

Yeah, but 3 lines is an almost-paragraph.

#3700 2011-08-21 09:15:26

Lunastar-
Scratcher

alphakretinX wrote:

I would absolutely love to be a curator because some people don't get their scratches realized @ all.  Like me, and Koganinja, and one of our newest members, TheMagicalHairband.  Oh yeah, and Henrystanley.  And some others that I will not mention who have not yet been recognized for the genii (grammatically correct plural of genius) they are.

Koganinja is one of my friends! He doesn't get lots of attention, but probably he has an average of 5% more of views a day than me..

Board footer