This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-01-05 19:08:40

12three
Scratcher

Advice??

I used to go to Shoemaker Elementary school (in Macungie) but now I go to Eyer. Anyway, I learned about Scratch when my teacher said that it was a project we could do (To Make a video game.). And I was the first person to do it there, and I loved it. So now a different teacher really wants to do it. She wants to invite me to demonstrate, so I was wondering if somebody could give me advice on what to say, what not to say, and how to say it. It would be greatly appreciated.
                                               -12three

#2 2009-01-11 10:51:15

room209
Scratcher

Re: Advice??

Good for you for talking to your teacher about new resources.  It is hard for me to keep up with what my students are doing with computers and I need their help.

Are you going to share with the whole class or with just your teacher?  Other kids will want to know what is fun about doing Scratch.  Your teacher will be more likely to use it in school if she sees what kids learn by doing it.  Why not share your favorite projects, how you made them, and what you learned from them?

It would be neat to hear from you what happens next.

Karen R.

#3 2009-01-11 13:01:24

12three
Scratcher

Re: Advice??

room209 wrote:

Good for you for talking to your teacher about new resources.  It is hard for me to keep up with what my students are doing with computers and I need their help.

Are you going to share with the whole class or with just your teacher?  Other kids will want to know what is fun about doing Scratch.  Your teacher will be more likely to use it in school if she sees what kids learn by doing it.  Why not share your favorite projects, how you made them, and what you learned from them?

It would be neat to hear from you what happens next.

Karen R.

I'm just helping the students with Scratch. Last year, when I was in elementary school, one of a project we could select was to make a game on Scratch. So I did, and I had a lot of fun. Now the teacher is doing it again this year, and she invited me to come and help out. I should probably share some of the simpler projects with them. Thanks for the advice  smile .

Board footer