This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-08-01 18:32:20

Legolas_Greenleaf
Scratcher

My Collab: subject and discussion

I've decided upon a theme: we're going to do a Memeland spinoff.  For those who don't know what Memeland is, visit my Memeland gallery: Memeland gallery

I have a list of meme faces, thanks to 6stars: http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosystem/uploads/2011/07/periodic-table-of-memes-truncated.png

I'll probably cut those out if we need them.

Positions:

Programming:
flamekyle
LolCat72

Art: Legolas_Greenleaf

Design:
6stars
Legolas_Greenleaf

That's the update for now.  Scratch on!

Legolas   smile

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8s5zeoqje1qky8rdo1_250.gif  OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE~

#2 2011-08-01 18:37:44

6stars
Scratcher

Re: My Collab: subject and discussion

Which Chars do you think we should use?

#3 2011-08-05 17:50:09

LolCat72
Scratcher

Sorry I haven't been on lately  tongue
So what's the plan? Should we incorporate anything educational or will you kick me out if we make it educational?

Please think twice before printing this post, as you are saving the Earth, the only planet with bacon.

#4 2011-08-06 18:56:10

6stars
Scratcher

Such as what educations?

#5 2011-08-07 11:59:39

Legolas_Greenleaf
Scratcher

Hmm...  Maybe.  I'm working on something, it might have a moral at the end.  Maybe educational, I'm not sure.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8s5zeoqje1qky8rdo1_250.gif  OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE~

#6 2011-08-08 11:40:50

LolCat72
Scratcher

How about for the educational aspect, we make memes travel through history?
Possible events to travel to:
1. Battle of Gettysburg  (since this year and the next four years are the 150th anniversary of Civil War)
2. Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (lol if we do choose your own adventure you could choose lanterns or pineapples)
3. The Mayflower

Please think twice before printing this post, as you are saving the Earth, the only planet with bacon.

#7 2011-08-08 13:47:42

6stars
Scratcher

If we were going to choose one of those topics, I would go for The battle of Gettysburg.

#8 2011-08-09 18:28:23

LolCat72
Scratcher

6stars wrote:

If we were going to choose one of those topics, I would go for The battle of Gettysburg.

Since we need a draft by the 15th, we're going with Gettysburg!

How about we start thinking about the storyline, and then we can write the script for the story, and then program and design?

#9 2011-08-09 18:42:34

LolCat72
Scratcher

Also we need to think about interactivity with the user! Maybe a choose your own adventure type theme?
Or we could do something based on the seed project like a turn-the-page sort of thing, right? Any good writers here?

Last edited by LolCat72 (2011-08-09 18:48:08)

#10 2011-08-09 19:03:59

LolCat72
Scratcher

Gettysburg Background Information (I got this from a newsletter project I did on the Civil War, so it's pretty brief):

The year is 1863 and one of the deadliest battles is raging. Bullets and blood fill the air, and thousands collapse to the ground. The Battle of Gettysburg is the most famous and the most important battle in the Civil War.
     In May 1863, the Confederate army, led by General Robert E. Lee, gained victory at the Battle of Chancellorsville. This victory gave the Confederate army confidence for their planned advance northward. Lee wanted to go northward to draw Union forces away from Richmond, the Confederate capital. He also had his eye on Pennsylvania’s rich farmlands to replenish army supplies and planned to destroy a crucial railroad bridge in Harrisburg.
      Meanwhile, after the loss to the Confederacy, the Union army monitored Lee’s progression northward and realized coming up behind Lee would put them at a major disadvantage. General in Chief Henry Hallack and President Lincoln suggested that when Lee left some forces in Fredericksburg and moved north to the Potomac, the forces would be stretched so thin, it would be possible to divide them in half.
     The change in Union leadership in late June caused the Confederates to lose track of the Union army. Meade deviated from Hooker’s plan to interrupt Lee’s lines of communication and instead led Union forces north to use his army as a barrier between Lee and Washington. Meade received news that Lee’s men were spotted in towns surrounding Gettysburg and concluded Gettysburg was the center of operations.
On the first day, Union federals were on the defensive and were forced back by a large number of Confederates. The second day included the battle on Little Round Top, where the Union defenders held their line against a flank attack by the Confederates. The third and final day ended with Pickett’s Charge, where the Confederates tried to go against the Union center and were repulsed by Union infantry fire. Finally, Lee retreated back into Virginia and the battle was the end of Lee’s invasion. Between 46,000 and 51,000 men died in this tide-changing battle.

#11 2011-08-10 18:52:27

6stars
Scratcher

Yeah, let's use that.
Now, for the characters.  Which ones should we have? I was thinking of an antagonist, maybe the troll.  The troll could be on the union's side.
But what I was thinking, was that the meme's used a time machine to go back in time, and the troll follows them and reeks havoc.

#12 2011-08-12 14:48:27

6stars
Scratcher

Um, it's august 12 guys!!

#13 2011-08-12 15:11:35

LolCat72
Scratcher

6stars wrote:

Yeah, let's use that.
Now, for the characters.  Which ones should we have? I was thinking of an antagonist, maybe the troll.  The troll could be on the union's side.
But what I was thinking, was that the meme's used a time machine to go back in time, and the troll follows them and reeks havoc.

How about the protagonists should be on the Union's side and the antagonists be on the Confederate side because the Confederates wanted slavery -- which the war was basically over. The Confederates were more rebellious as well.
For art, make the Union uniforms navy blue overcoats with the American flag and navy pants and give the Confederates grayish-tan twill makeshift jackets and pants. Not to stereotype or hate on the South, but the Union generally had better uniforms. Weird fact: The Confederate's shoe problem was so bad, one of the main reasons Lee wanted to attack Gettysburg was to capture a large stockpile of Union shoes!
And for storyline, how about the memes try to go forward 150 or so years, but the time machine is reversed by the antagonists so they end up in Gettysburg.

#14 2011-08-12 15:25:44

LolCat72
Scratcher

And maybe they find out 150 or so years from now, the trollface's great great grandchildren are plotting to destroy Earth, so the Epic Face and his friends try to time travel to stop them, but go backwards!
And how do they find out?
The Trollface is out looking for a girl to marry and start a family with so their family can destroy Earth. That way, after we finish our first draft, if we decide to do voiceovers, flamekyle can play the Trollface and I could play his girlfriend.

Board footer