This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2011-07-31 23:17:11

imnotbob
Scratcher

Re: Leetspeak? (1337)

Death_Wish wrote:

ElectricSparx wrote:

imnotbob wrote:

ITS NOT A REAL LANGUAGE!!!!
i can have the opinion i want. and my opinion is: NO

Yet, you still rant about it. You really should just kindly state your opinion, not rudely blast it out on the forums. Shame on you.

You blasted out your opinion on taking out the 60 second rule. And it's true, it's not a real language, it would be more important if the Scratch team put languages like Hebrew, that way people that can't speak English well can speak Hebrew, if there's Leet on the forums it doesn't change anything, it's basically English in different font, not a new language. And if someone has an opinion, you shouldn't say things like Shame on you, you should accept that other people have another opinion as well. The top priority for now is putting real languages, not just English in different fonts. The language forums aren't for fun-It's for people who speak other languages to speak in other languages with other people. And let's face it, the Scratch Team obviously won't put this as an actual forum.

thank you!
i think this should be closed

PesterChum Handle: annoyingAnchorman
durp yo terezi sup sup gotta beat john gotta beat john

#27 2011-08-01 11:39:09

ElectricSparx
Scratcher

Death_Wish wrote:

ElectricSparx wrote:

imnotbob wrote:

Yet, you still rant about it. You really should just kindly state your opinion, not rudely blast it out on the forums. Shame on you.

You blasted out your opinion on taking out the 60 second rule. And it's true, it's not a real language, it would be more important if the Scratch team put languages like Hebrew, that way people that can't speak English well can speak Hebrew, if there's Leet on the forums it doesn't change anything, it's basically English in different font, not a new language. And if someone has an opinion, you shouldn't say things like Shame on you, you should accept that other people have another opinion as well. The top priority for now is putting real languages, not just English in different fonts. The language forums aren't for fun-It's for people who speak other languages to speak in other languages with other people. And let's face it, the Scratch Team obviously won't put this as an actual forum.

Face it, you don't think outside the box. No one is really sure until a member of the Scratch Team looks at it.

Lead Developer for Scratch Adventure

#28 2011-08-01 11:40:10

ElectricSparx
Scratcher

imnotbob wrote:

Death_Wish wrote:

ElectricSparx wrote:

thank you!

I think you should be closed.

#29 2011-08-01 15:35:23

Death_Wish
Scratcher

ElectricSparx wrote:

imnotbob wrote:

Death_Wish wrote:

thank you!

Ok, that's really being immature -.- And, well, makes no sense.
I'm not not thinking outside the box, I'm thinking that they should put in languages that actually are languages, not font.
Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me it's more important to put English in font than have people that can't speak English well speak their actual language.

With a straight flush.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FlUhnzmIROE/TgtpjdJl4tI/AAAAAAAABCM/W19pvFTZFaU/s1600/save_the_world.png http://blocsonic.com/images/special/rip-stevejobs.jpg

#30 2011-08-01 16:09:16

a1130
Scratcher

Don't be impatient. I'm not sure if the ST is considering this Just use the "Other Languages" forum to post leet stuff for now. Besides, this should be moved to Suggestions or get closed. Other languages is for posting forum topics in a language that doesn't have its own category.

And what does "You should be closed" mean?

Also, I don't think anybody learned their 4|3(5 (leet ABCs) before their actual ABCs.

Last edited by a1130 (2011-08-01 16:09:54)

#31 2011-08-01 16:15:20

a1130
Scratcher

ElectricSparx wrote:

imnotbob wrote:

a1130 wrote:

Exactly  tongue

The 60 second rule wrote:
The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted- At least 60 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait a little while and try posting again.

No offense, but what about you? You've been ranting about the 60 second rule so often. You've been rudely blasting out things too!

#32 2011-08-01 16:27:08

ElectricSparx
Scratcher

a1130 wrote:

Don't be impatient. I'm not sure if the ST is considering this Just use the "Other Languages" forum to post leet stuff for now. Besides, this should be moved to Suggestions or get closed. Other languages is for posting forum topics in a language that doesn't have its own category.

And what does "You should be closed" mean?

Also, I don't think anybody learned their 4|3(5 (leet ABCs) before their actual ABCs.

Your point?

#33 2011-08-01 16:28:19

ElectricSparx
Scratcher

a1130 wrote:

ElectricSparx wrote:

imnotbob wrote:

No offense, but what about you? You've been ranting about the 60 second rule so often. You've been rudely blasting out things too!

Um, NO. I've been seriously stating fact, and these trolls keep blasting out negativity.

#34 2011-08-01 18:47:58

Death_Wish
Scratcher

ElectricSparx wrote:

a1130 wrote:

ElectricSparx wrote:

Um, NO. I've been seriously stating fact, and these trolls keep blasting out negativity.

Em, this is funny.
You've been seriously stating a fact. The fact in which because you post tiny posts, and don't have the patience to wait for some seconds, is stating a fact? We need that rule.
And you don't kindly state it-You blast it on the forums and insulted other people, calling them trolls for posting their opinions.
And your logic:

Trolls won't spam if they can, which they can't right now. And you don't have the patience to wait for some seconds to avoid trolls.
And...
You think it's more important for people to speak english in another font than to speak an actual language.

PLEASE responds to everything I say in this post, not just a tiny part you have a response in.
And I highly doubt I'll post in any of your posts again, I'll just get in trouble. Though I guess it would be my fault for responding to posts like this, it would be easier to report and leave, I guess  hmm  Next time I'll just do that.
Oh, and please respond my other post as well.

With a straight flush.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FlUhnzmIROE/TgtpjdJl4tI/AAAAAAAABCM/W19pvFTZFaU/s1600/save_the_world.png http://blocsonic.com/images/special/rip-stevejobs.jpg

#35 2011-08-01 18:55:21

imnotbob
Scratcher

ElectricSparx wrote:

imnotbob wrote:

Death_Wish wrote:

thank you!

i need to get some of this: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6159/trollsprayxj4.jpg

PesterChum Handle: annoyingAnchorman
durp yo terezi sup sup gotta beat john gotta beat john

#36 2011-08-01 19:11:39

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

I don't think that leetspeak is something that is likely to be implemented (same goes goes with the Pig-Latin suggestion, which I guess I'll close too). A leetspeak thread might do better in the TBG forums, though - so if you want to talk in leetspeak, you guys are free to talk in leetspeak there. The same goes for Pig-Latin and non-concrete languages.

That being said, it seems like this thread has otherwise turned in the negative direction. Let's remember that the Terms of Use asks for everyone to be respectful - just because one person is acting negatively does not mean we should start acting that way as well. Scratch On!

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

Board footer