This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-05-15 00:54:01

rszrama
Scratcher

Preview a sound

It would be nice if you could preview a sound in the import dialog w/o having to actually import it, play it, and then remove it.

Also, I noticed if I just mashed the right mouse button for a while on the select screen (don't ask why I was trying that  wink  ), it sort of wigged out and finally imported whatever sound I was mashing on.

FYI, testing on Win XP SE, JRE 1.6.0_01.

EDIT:  A little more random clicking showed some sort of preview capability.  Perhaps the first time you click on something?  But if you double click it just plays a bleep, and if you scroll w/ the mousewheel or arrow keys it won't play at all.  It seems like a simple play button would be ideal.

Last edited by rszrama (2007-05-15 00:59:16)

#2 2007-05-16 08:28:53

johnm
Scratcher

Re: Preview a sound

Hi.

In the sound import dialog, if you click once on the name of a sound it wil start playing. Clicking on a different sounds stops playback of the first sound. Double-clicking on a sound imports it--I think that may be what you did, perhaps without realized it.

The arrow keys/scroll wheel do *not* play the sounds (since you may be scrolling quickly to get to the sound you want). You need to click once on the sound to start the preview.

You're right, a simple play button would be more obvious. Thanks for the suggestion.

-- John

Board footer