This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2008-11-23 13:51:56

karenb
Scratch Team

Scratcher Meetup @ MIT

Do you live in the Boston area? Do you want to meet other Scratchers?

Then join us for the Scratcher Meetup @ MIT!

At the meetup, you'll have a chance to:
* Get to know other local Scratchers
* Share ideas and collaborate on projects
* Learn about the past and future of Scratch

When: Saturday, December 6, 10:00am-1:00pm (lunch included)
Where: MIT Media Lab, 20 Ames Street, Cambridge, MA
Who: Scratchers of all ages welcome
Cost: It's free!

We'll have some computers available to use -- but feel free to bring a laptop, if you have one.

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to accept additional participants.

Organized by the MIT Scratch Team

#2 2008-11-23 13:57:19

Toasty
Scratcher

Re: Scratcher Meetup @ MIT

Could you maybe organise something around the England area, there is so much stuff I want to do, but my mum isn't gonna pay for an air fare for a Scratch thing

http://i44.tinypic.com/263wpxe.png
Lovin' Toast

#3 2008-11-23 14:05:33

karenb
Scratch Team

Toasty wrote:

Could you maybe organise something around the England area, there is so much stuff I want to do, but my mum isn't gonna pay for an air fare for a Scratch thing

We wish that we could do these everywhere!  smile  We're trying out this smaller event as an experiment for Boston-area Scratchers. We hope that what we learn from this event will help us help others organise their own events. Hopefully there will be an event closer to you soon!

Thanks,
Karen

#4 2008-11-25 19:46:28

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Wowzerz!!! I can't wait to see some of the people! (I gotta tell my dad about this!) I actually like near Worcester, but if its on Saturday my dad will probably agree, considering that I usually just play videogames.

People coming (I think):
-Lucario621
-Midnightleapord
-Pandadark
-Orange20
-Bendad
-SonicMariofan

Last edited by Lucario621 (2008-11-26 21:31:23)

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#5 2008-11-25 21:33:50

hmnwilson
Scratcher

Too bad I live in Canada  lol

I'm taking a break from Scratch until 2.0 comes out. Any messages sent between then and now probably won't be read - sorry.
(Oct. 20, 2011)

#6 2008-11-26 01:50:09

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Toasty wrote:

Maybe you can start another thread on the forums asking for other Scratchers )and their parents) in England interested in meeting somewhere?

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#7 2008-11-26 02:01:48

half_life_2
Scratcher

too bad i live in mississippi.

http://i.imgur.com/WofKH.png

#8 2008-11-26 06:05:30

Dasher
Scratcher

I will ask my parents and my club if we could go.

#9 2008-11-26 06:31:48

sparkygirl
Scratcher

aww! i wanna go! i have so many friends i want to meet! but i live in maryland. and i don't know where boston is..........(cuz i'm really really not smart in the mornings!) maybe..........no..........this is a free thing......i was gunna ask if you could make it like a week long thing in the summer some time. and it could b like a summer camp. and u'd get 2 meet some friends. make some new. i'd love a summer camp about scratch! scratch could rent a HUGE camping area and we could have bonfires, talk, and do stuff, and show us stuff, and we could enjoy the whole week! that's b so AWSOME!
SERIOUSLY! A SCRATCH SUMMER CAMP WOULD BE SO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plz consider it!

My theme: http://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=kgqC24I_7Zc
Everything You Wanted by Hawk Nelson

#10 2008-11-26 06:35:49

dogbloos
Scratcher

yey!!! im am SO going to this since i missed the conference! i hope i can go with all the homework i get though (boston latin school)<say[ yey!!!!! ]for( 999999999999999999999 )secs>

I like snakes!!!!! i also like programming, cp, and science

#11 2008-11-26 06:42:30

midnightleopard
Scratcher

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO TOTALLY Going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

http://pwp.wizards.com/5103673563/Scorecards/Landscape.png

#12 2008-11-26 06:45:44

pandadark
Scratcher

I Am Soooooooooooooo There!!!!! =d =d =d =d =d =d     Yessssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, want to know a secret? Okay, CLICK HERE    haha. Gotcha!

#13 2008-11-26 07:08:31

bosox397
Scratcher

Could you do one in PA? it isn't that far from boston. im sure u could do 1. PLEASE?!?!?!?!?

Dear Scratch Users,
I'm done with scratch, or at least making projects. I have made one last big game, thats both fun and teaches a lesson about water. It'd mean a lot if you gave me feedback.                              http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/bosox397/569201

#14 2008-11-26 07:58:06

magabella
Scratcher

Hi like I live in Alabama and I was wondering if you could help.. Well can you stop people frome remixing other people's projects and making them look bad? I don't
want it to happen to my detective workers! One is named 0utlaw

Why should I listen to thee who can't even spoon a pea?

#15 2008-11-26 08:39:11

ribbledude
Scratcher

Awee too bad it's all the way in MA  hmm  -I hope u guys have one in Cali some time  smile  I'd definitely go if it was in the area

#16 2008-11-26 08:43:29

ribbledude
Scratcher

ps Sparkygirl had a really good idea about a scratch Summer camp!! I'd pay to go to that!! 8D

#17 2008-11-26 08:43:57

AAAAAwinnerGLT
Scratcher

karenb wrote:

Toasty wrote:

We wish that we could do these everywhere!  smile  We're trying out this smaller event as an experiment for Boston-area Scratchers. We hope that what we learn from this event will help us help others organise their own events. Hopefully there will be an event closer to you soon!

Thanks,
Karen

Well, I doubt I can go (I live in Colorado), but there is like a 0.5 % chance i can go, because my dad is also a scratch user. I hope I can go!  big_smile

#18 2008-11-26 09:25:08

UandIwish
Scratcher

sparkygirl wrote:

aww! i wanna go! i have so many friends i want to meet! but i live in maryland. and i don't know where boston is..........(cuz i'm really really not smart in the mornings!) maybe..........no..........this is a free thing......i was gunna ask if you could make it like a week long thing in the summer some time. and it could b like a summer camp. and u'd get 2 meet some friends. make some new. i'd love a summer camp about scratch! scratch could rent a HUGE camping area and we could have bonfires, talk, and do stuff, and show us stuff, and we could enjoy the whole week! that's b so AWSOME!
SERIOUSLY! A SCRATCH SUMMER CAMP WOULD BE SO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plz consider it!

LUCKY!!!! Boston is in MA, and isn't that right by Maryland. (They are also small states lol so no trouble going through.) THE CAMP IDEA IS AWESOME! BUT- I couldn't go. BUT- it would still be awesome.

You guys could also have on in each region of America, becasue I'm in Michigan (aka the worst economy state *yay* lol) . Not only is that 126127891273918 miles away from Boston, my parents are thinking twice about going to our family renunion in the SUMMER, because gas money would be more than airplane money to Kanas, or Kentucky, lol, I forgot. (Some state 84639296289 miles away from Michigan ^^''''') AND, airplane money is like $600 (big family) for all of us, and yeahhhh......Each region would be good....

Ha ha it says you can only type 2 lines on here but look what I did: _____    _____________   ______________ Those are 3 lines!♫

#19 2008-11-26 09:33:43

Orange20
Scratcher

Sweet! I live in a part of Massachusetts that is only an hour's drive from Cambridge! I just asked, and I might be able to go!  big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

The sentence below is a lie.
The sentence above is the truth.

#20 2008-11-26 09:38:52

theUnderscene
Scratcher

i live in stupid Missouri

http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/52649.png

#21 2008-11-26 09:46:55

Orange20
Scratcher

YES!! MY FAMILY JUST SAID YES!! I GET TO GO  big_smile !! I'm so excited! big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Last edited by Orange20 (2008-11-26 09:56:10)

#22 2008-11-26 09:48:18

JSO
Community Moderator

I wish there could be a "Benelux" Scratch meet-up  big_smile  (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)

But to organize? The idea is cool...

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2v1q0e9.jpg

#23 2008-11-26 09:56:55

Orange20
Scratcher

Lucario621 wrote:

Wowzerz!!! I can't wait to see some of the people! (I gotta tell my dad about this!) I actually like near Worcester, but if its on Saturday my dad will probably agree, considering that I usually just play videogames.

I checked, it's on a Saturday! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO!  big_smile  big_smile

#24 2008-11-26 10:08:50

maki
Scratcher

Lol, I don't live that far away... only 3000 miles  tongue

Creepers are exceptionally volatile.

#25 2008-11-26 10:10:02

HarryPotterGal
Scratcher

Hmmmmm.... I went to Boston this summer, but this gives me an idea.... we could gather up a person from each state (maybe we could divide the larger states into smaller groups)
And like, for instance, I would be the Ohio host, I would make an Ohio Scratch Convention Forum, and we could meet somewhere famous in Ohio... like.... Lake Erie? Well, thats a 6 hour drive for me.... so we may have to divide the states into smaller groups... but people from other states might want to go to another convention because there is somebody they want to meet there.... like, if someone lived in Indiana, and they wanted to meet me or someone else in Ohio, they could come to the Ohio Convention.... Anyway, heres what I think might be good hosts. You know, make forums and decide on the place to meet and stuff.I read the posts above, sooooo....

Ohio: HarryPotterGal
England/UK: Toasty and Stickylady
California (or at least one part lol!) Ribbledude
Alabama: magabella
Missouri: theUnderscene
Michigan: Uandiwish (yayayay come to the ohio one wish lol)
Colorado: AAAAAwinnerGLT

Board footer