This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-09-08 18:34:58

Nii
Scratcher

Second + stages

This has probably been said somewhere else, but I can't see it so anyway...

teh ability to create an actual second/third stage etc would open up gaming possibilities a LOT. Yes you can change the background, but the sprites remain, so each 'level' of the game must include the same sprites - even if they have a new costume.

Feedback good.

#2 2007-09-09 12:24:26

beny
Scratcher

Re: Second + stages

you can already do that! just go to the backrounds tab then do paint to make one your self or import to use a one saved then you just have to make a script that makes it so it changes at the end of each level

more people like the letter B than the letter A!
i'm going for 250 posts!

#3 2007-09-11 14:12:06

kevin_karplus
Scratcher

Re: Second + stages

I think Nii was looking for a way to associate  a group of sprites or scripts together as a "level" or "stage" so that they don't exist outside that stage.  I think that this would add complexity to the programming environment for beginners, without a large benefit for experienced programmers. 

A similar, but simpler suggestion, was to allow a "switch to project" block that would replace the current project with a new one, allowing multi-level games to have a new project for each level, thus circumventing the 10Mb upload limit. 

The "switch to new project" block is a bit more limited than Nii's suggestion, as there would be no state information saved from one project to the next.

Board footer