This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-05-19 10:27:37

lowrieh1
New Scratcher

Help

Probably not the first time someone has submitted a post under this title, but I couldn't think of anyhting more original.

Here goes:

I am looking at a book with some scratch projects in it, and one of the projects is 'Quizzes'.  I am looking at a script that goes something like this:
When green flag clicked
set counter to 0
ask "What is the capital of france?" and wait
If answer = paris
say correct for 1 sec
change counter by 1
else
say "sorry, the correct answer is" for 1 secs
say "Paris"  for 2 secs

I can see where just about how everything was put together, except for the third line.  It looks as though it came from the 'blue' sensing blocks, but I can't see an "Ask" script anywhere.  What am I missing?

#2 2011-05-19 10:31:30

Pecola1
Scratcher

Re: Help

lowrieh1 wrote:

Probably not the first time someone has submitted a post under this title, but I couldn't think of anyhting more original.

Here goes:

I am looking at a book with some scratch projects in it, and one of the projects is 'Quizzes'.  I am looking at a script that goes something like this:
When green flag clicked
set counter to 0
ask "What is the capital of france?" and wait
If answer = paris
say correct for 1 sec
change counter by 1
else
say "sorry, the correct answer is" for 1 secs
say "Paris"  for 2 secs

I can see where just about how everything was put together, except for the third line.  It looks as though it came from the 'blue' sensing blocks, but I can't see an "Ask" script anywhere.  What am I missing?

It is in sensing, at the very top.  big_smile

If you are reading this, please read to the end, because if you don't you won't know what's at the end. Don't just skip to the end though otherwise you won't be able to read the middle, which is most important. Now you must be wondering why you just read all that, the reason is you may have not noticed something, read it again and see if you notice it this time  smile

#3 2011-05-19 17:05:25

MoreGamesNow
Scratcher

Re: Help

The default is

Ask "what is your name" and wait

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/218929/rubiks-cube-animated-rotating.gif
"Cogito ergo sum" --  I think, therefore I am

Board footer