This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-05-13 21:23:04

iCanDoAnything
Scratcher

iCanDoAnything

Hello scratch! My name is iCanDoAnything

I joined scratch on May 13th and I am so excited to see what scratch can do. I want to become one of those famous people that get like 100 views every minute. But I guess that will have to wait because I dont know that much about Scratch.

I need a little bit of help. I know some basic things in scratch like how to change backgrounds and how to make movment but thats about it. Could some people maybe suggest projects for me to make that are simple or maybe give me some advice on how to do stuff? That would be really helpful.

I don't really have any links to share or anything and I don't even know if I am supposed to post e-mails and stuff. I haven't really been reading to much about the rules here and stuff. So sorry if I break some rules or whatever.

I hope I am not another spam account here and I hope I never have to get banned or removed or anything. I hope to meet lots of new friends here. Bye!

-iCanDoAnything

#2 2011-05-13 21:28:30

ssss
Scratcher

Re: iCanDoAnything

iCanDoAnything wrote:

I joined scratch on May 13th and I am so excited to see what scratch can do. I want to become one of those famous people that get like 100 views every minute. But I guess that will have to wait because I dont know that much about Scratch.

I need a little bit of help. I know some basic things in scratch like how to change backgrounds and how to make movment but thats about it. Could some people maybe suggest projects for me to make that are simple or maybe give me some advice on how to do stuff? That would be really helpful.

I don't really have any links to share or anything and I don't even know if I am supposed to post e-mails and stuff. I haven't really been reading to much about the rules here and stuff. So sorry if I break some rules or whatever.

I hope I am not another spam account here and I hope I never have to get banned or removed or anything. I hope to meet lots of new friends here. Bye!

-iCanDoAnything

Welcome iCanDoAnything!  Do you mind if icall u cda?  Ok, First of all, you are NOT allowed to post emails!  And if you need help, just ask around, i'm sure someone will help you! (Scimonster, for example) While you are still a new scratcher you will only be able to link to scratch links, but i don't think that will bother you.  If you want to be famous, don't fret!  You can do heaps of stuff without being famous (And No-one gets 100 views in 60 seconds.  Not even 08jackt.

Welcome, and i hope you enjoy scratch  wink

Hey.  It's me SSSS, back from the dead!  smile

#3 2011-05-13 21:30:49

iCanDoAnything
Scratcher

Ok thanks for the help! I will be sure to ask some of these people... is there any way I can contact them?

#4 2011-05-13 21:37:58

ssss
Scratcher

iCanDoAnything wrote:

Ok thanks for the help! I will be sure to ask some of these people... is there any way I can contact them?

Well, scimonster is usually posting on the new scratchers forum all the time, so you could just wait.  I am talking to you right now, so that's kinda obvious.  If you want project idea's you can scroll down to the forum's called Project idea's.  And you could aslo start a collab (Where many people work together to make one Project).  That would be posted in the collab forums  wink

#5 2011-05-13 21:39:14

12three
Scratcher

Hi. Just watch tutorials if you're interested in what scratch can do. Try and learn to make good games cause we need more people who can.

#6 2011-05-13 21:49:22

toocoolforschool
Scratcher

hey dude what's up
welcome

http://i53.tinypic.com/2kros9.png

#7 2011-05-15 00:20:29

icerosethecat
Scratcher

iCanDoAnything wrote:

-iCanDoAnything

On fame: Truthfully, I don't think it's as much about talent as it is luck. But talent can help. Some front-paged stuff is actually good. And my answer is: don't even think about fame. I don't mean to be rude, but a lot of Scratchers get so wrapped up in trying to get famous. Don't do the following or you will be one of the most hated people on Scratch as well as being famous:

1. Spam. Do not put links to your projects in every comment. a) that could get you banned. b) people are deeply annoyed by spam, including myself.

2. Most Remixed: No offense to anyone, but this is one of the categories of front paging that I think is buying your way into fame.

3. Most loved: "Press love it if _________________________" and things of that nature. It does make people famous, but it's also incredibly obnoxious.

4. Make friends with all the famous people: This won't increase your fame. At all. This one needs no comment.

5. Troll: Fake "I quits". There have even been a few Scratchers on here that have faked a death to get popular. This is called sympathy fame. I call it that because people love it, make friends with you, and leave tons of comments on it begging you to come back.

And most importantly- 6. Don't whine about it. That makes you seem obnoxious. You haven't yet, but I'm just saying.

If you want to get famous, go around making friends with people. Comment. Press love it and be friendly to everyone. And learn to make good projects. All you have to do for this is just make as many projects as possible.

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?
-Albus Dumbledore

#8 2011-05-15 01:34:56

ssss
Scratcher

Fame is an illusion..

#9 2011-05-15 02:00:44

scimonster
Community Moderator

ssss wrote:

iCanDoAnything wrote:

-iCanDoAnything

Welcome iCanDoAnything!  Do you mind if icall u cda?  Ok, First of all, you are NOT allowed to post emails!  And if you need help, just ask around, i'm sure someone will help you! (Scimonster, for example) While you are still a new scratcher you will only be able to link to scratch links, but i don't think that will bother you.  If you want to be famous, don't fret!  You can do heaps of stuff without being famous (And No-one gets 100 views in 60 seconds.  Not even 08jackt.

Welcome, and i hope you enjoy scratch  wink

Am I really that well known?  yikes
If you ask in AAS, Harakou or Kileymeister might get there first though.  tongue
Welcome, iCanDoAnything!

#10 2011-05-15 12:43:11

scratchisthebest
Scratcher

iCanDoAnything wrote:

...see what scratch can do. I want to become one of those famous people that get like 100 views every minute. But I guess that will have to wait because I dont know that much about Scratch.

I need a little bit of help. I k...

Hello! My favorite way to learn about Scratch is to use the help included in the blocks. Just right-click on the block and click Help.
Another easy way to learn how to make good projects is to mess around for a while. It's easy and fun to drag random Scratch blocks around and see how they fit together.

Finally, read or watch tutorials. Lots of Scratchers just like you benefit from these and make fun tutorials of their own!

Tip: See those handy little white boxes with someone's post in it? Try clicking Quote in the lower right of a post!

bye 1.4, we all loved you. but we all outgrew the site. 2.0 is a welcome change.
http://scratch.mit.edu/img/Pico3-med.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/img/Pico3-med.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/img/Pico3-med.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/img/Pico3-med.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/img/Pico3-med.png

Board footer