This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-05-09 03:54:35

Squeegie
New Scratcher

New Member: Squeegie

Hi all!

Squeegie is my nickname.  I've had that moniker for over ten years now.  I learned about Scratch thanks to the Waterbear article on Slashdot.

I started using Scratch only a few days ago.  I've already built a few test projects.

RPG Dice Roller
Keira

I am now working on a project that involves typing text.  It's getting probably a little too complex.

A few things about me: I have always wanted to learn programming of some kind, Scratch is the first I have been really successful at, according to my own standards anyway.
I have my first child on the way, due in a few weeks.  I hope to be able to write a few educational games for her when she gets old enough to use a computer.

#2 2011-05-09 04:55:47

wulfmaster
Scratcher

Re: New Member: Squeegie

Squeegie wrote:

Hi all!

Squeegie is my nickname.  I've had that moniker for over ten years now.  I learned about Scratch thanks to the Waterbear article on Slashdot.

I started using Scratch only a few days ago.  I've already built a few test projects.

RPG Dice Roller
Keira

I am now working on a project that involves typing text.  It's getting probably a little too complex.

A few things about me: I have always wanted to learn programming of some kind, Scratch is the first I have been really successful at, according to my own standards anyway.
I have my first child on the way, due in a few weeks.  I hope to be able to write a few educational games for her when she gets old enough to use a computer.

First off, Welcome to Scratch!  Your test projects seem good, and the typing text project shouldn't be to complex  wink  !  Nothing is to complex for scratch.  (Well, a lot of things can be acommplished.  Not sure about that though  tongue ).  Plus, when you start to get real good, you can use Mod's like Panther or BYOB to increase the complexity of your projects  wink

~ SSSS

Social Connections - Bringing communities close together! http://cyberkidscountry.com/ip.php

#3 2011-05-09 18:44:03

puppetadventurer
Scratcher

hello

#4 2011-05-09 19:06:31

echs
Scratcher

hey hey hey

http://i45.tinypic.com/35m4llw.gif

#5 2011-05-09 19:15:00

ninjaaa
Scratcher

Welcome!

#6 2011-05-11 08:12:33

SanityMan
Scratcher

Squeegie wrote:

Hi all!

RPG Dice Roller
Keira

Keep practicing Scratch and you will get better.  And like wulfmaster said, eventually you can use more complicated versions such as BYOB.  Have fun Scratching and if you need any help, search for some of my information Forums.
big_smile

I was wondering why the football was getting bigger and bigger. Then It hit me in the face.

Board footer