This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-04-26 22:00:54

scratchstar1
New Scratcher

Scratch Compiler

I am wondering if there is a way to run scratch projects on computers that don't have scratch. Is there such thing as a "scratch compiler" (a program that compiles .sb files into .exe or .app files). If there's such a thing, please tell me.

#2 2011-04-26 22:30:11

meowmeow55
Scratcher

Re: Scratch Compiler

I made a program called Scratch EXE Creator that allows you to make a project into an EXE! It even allows you to save the project!
To make an APP file, you can use BYOB on a Mac. You won't be able to save the project back in the app when you run the app, though. Just download BYOB for Mac, open your project with BYOB, and select "Compile This Project..." from the Share menu.

Yawn.

#3 2011-04-26 22:48:48

ssss
Scratcher

meowmeow55 wrote:

I made a program called Scratch EXE Creator that allows you to make a project into an EXE! It even allows you to save the project!
To make an APP file, you can use BYOB on a Mac. You won't be able to save the project back in the app when you run the app, though. Just download BYOB for Mac, open your project with BYOB, and select "Compile This Project..." from the Share menu.

LOL.  trying to get more views on that topic?

Hey.  It's me SSSS, back from the dead!  smile

#4 2011-04-26 22:59:53

meowmeow55
Scratcher

ssss wrote:

meowmeow55 wrote:

Well, it is the only EXE creator that repacks the project...and I haven't gotten any error reports yet.  wink  (Or at least not "real" ones anyway.  wink   tongue )

Yawn.

#5 2011-04-26 23:05:00

ssss
Scratcher

meowmeow55 wrote:

ssss wrote:

meowmeow55 wrote:

Well, it is the only EXE creator that repacks the project...and I haven't gotten any error reports yet.  wink  (Or at least not "real" ones anyway.  wink   tongue )

i know.  I bumped for you  tongue

& talk to me on your forum

Hey.  It's me SSSS, back from the dead!  smile

#6 2013-04-16 09:54:31

THEREALMAEK
New Scratcher

what about linux ? how do i compile for linux

#7 2013-04-16 16:20:18

Magnie
Scratcher

THEREALMAEK wrote:

what about linux ? how do i compile for linux

Code:

sudo apt-get install scratch
scratch scratch_project_here.sb

#8 2013-04-24 11:20:04

shadowmouse
New Scratcher

Can someone please tell me whether Scratch2EXE will work with mods, if it won't how to edit a compiler or make a new one. Thanks!

Board footer