This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » Educators
  •  » Seeking teacher/school to profile in article about Scratch

#1 2007-08-26 17:57:00

dians
Scratcher

Seeking teacher/school to profile in article about Scratch

Sorry to invade the educators forum here, friends! I'm a writer who just got an assignment from a K-12 publication to profile a teacher's efforts in the classroom in using Scratch as a means to engage students (especially girls) in programming. If this sounds like you and you're U.S.-based (apologies to all of you non-US Scratch teachers!) and working in a public/charter school, I'd be interested in doing an interview with you by phone. Just send email to me at dian (at) dischaffhauser.com with "Scratch" in the subject header. Thanks in advance for considering this.

-- Dian S.

#2 2007-08-31 22:52:22

CousinAvi
Scratcher

Re: Seeking teacher/school to profile in article about Scratch

I will reply anyway...sorry.

I am a Canadian teacher in Abbotsford, British Columbia.  I work at a Fine Arts School (public, not private) and teach a course called 'Digital Arts' to middle school students.  Our school is an integrated arts school which means we integrate dance, drama, visual art, and music into all our curriculum.  I will be working on an integrated project through Scratch in the fall (October and November) that may be article worthy.

Good luck with the article!

-C Willms

#3 2007-09-02 22:36:48

mickchang
Scratcher

I'll be using Scratch for an intro CS class in a high school that is both Title I and Title III.  Every looks promising right now.  I'm still writing the lessons/activities for Scratch.

Mick Chang
Reagan High School
Houston Independent School District
Houston, Texas

Last edited by mickchang (2007-09-02 22:50:48)

#4 2007-09-04 12:35:35

dians
Scratcher

Hi Cousin and Mick,

Thanks for responding to my request. :-) For this piece, I'm going to interview somebody who has a track record in Scratch, but I'd like to hold onto your contact details so that I can do a follow-up piece at the *end* of the school year to see how it's going for you. Good luck in this new school year!

Best,

-- Di

• Index
  •  » Educators
  •  » Seeking teacher/school to profile in article about Scratch

Board footer