This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#3151 2011-04-15 03:47:23

MrScoop
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

KTMchick wrote:

I have a few questions :{

Are new scratchers allowed to be curators?

How long can you be a curator?

Does it show in your posts that you are a curator?

Is there more than one?

How will you find out that you are a curator?

Is there an age limit?

I think you have to be on scratch for at least 6 months before you become a curator.
A curator's shift lasts 2 weeks.
No, but people search you when they see your name on the front page.
There is only 1 curator at a time.
The scratch team contacts you on one of your projects (I think) before your shift starts.
I don't think you have to be a certain age.

I hope this helps  big_smile

#3152 2011-04-15 06:21:29

scimonster
Community Moderator

KTMchick wrote:

I have a few questions :{

Are new scratchers allowed to be curators?

How long can you be a curator?

Does it show in your posts that you are a curator?

Is there more than one?

How will you find out that you are a curator?

Is there an age limit?

Ah, some good questions.  smile  I'll try to answer them.
1) There is nothing that says they can't; but they can't post in miscellaneous, where people post what they curate, take requests, etc.
2) Each curator holds the position for two weeks.
3) No, but if you have Scratcher status, you can put it in your signature. (Another reason why it's harder for new Scratchers)
4) Only one curator at a time. Or if you mean, "Can you go multiple times," no.
5) The Scratch Team should send you a notification.
6) No.  smile

If you didn't understand some stuff, here are some Scratch Wiki links  smile : Curator, Miscellaneous, Scratcher, New Scratcher, Signature, Scratch Team, Messages and Notificationsbig_smile

#3153 2011-04-15 14:44:00

johnrulz
Scratcher

I would really like to be a curator if possible. I would mainly choose projets such as animations and those that could teach people new techniques (such as using ghost with scrollX and scrollY which I saw on the front page yesterday), simply because they're interesting.

#3154 2011-04-15 19:25:40

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Heh heh, curating tutorials would be great  big_smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#3155 2011-04-16 09:03:51

ProgrammingFreak
Scratcher

ProgrammingFreak wrote:

I want to be a curator. I would post games that have a interesting plots and good physics.

bump

#3156 2011-04-16 09:19:12

aguerra
Scratcher

<set{ Hi }to( I wanna be a curator!

Do you like Mario? No, I like watching Mario die!

#3157 2011-04-16 18:10:25

mossfur101
Scratcher

I would like to be 1 of the people, I cant pronunce what it is and dont know how to spell it. I just want to say, some of this stuff I am about to say may make me sound like I'm selfish and want atentchion, but thats not it. I signed up to make random friends and to do something. My brother seems to get atenchion at school and at home becuase he makes lots of music that people seem to like. I'm shy so i dont do much like the stuff he does. I seem to be noticed more on scratch than any where else. I also have some friend that I know on scratch that dont seem to get any atenchion at all, I want 2 help us get noticed. Some of use seem to make sum, um.... really lame and stupid stuff on scratch. This goes for all the people that arent really good or dont understand that much about scratch. I want us all to get noticed. I think my friends will be soooo happy to see there stuff on the front page. Not even there stuff. Maby stuff I made that has them in it. Even so, they would be proud of me to see my name on the front page, and proud 2 be my friend. Sorry this took so long. I better not waste any more of your time now. Bye-Bye!

~Mossy~

#3158 2011-04-16 20:09:29

RPGamer
Scratcher

I would really like to be the curator of next time but congrats to hdarken for earning the responcibillity of being a curator.

#3159 2011-04-16 20:41:01

Marzuk
Scratcher

If I were to be curator, I would only curate apropiate stuff. My interests are interactive games, animations, virtual world games, and spy games. I would like to be curator.

#3160 2011-04-17 11:31:39

imsosuperswell1
Scratcher

Its me Imsosuperswell1. I am trying to become Curator again, and I would be a great curator for the following reasons.

1. I would curate all types of projects including games, art, animations, music etc.

2. I would curate projects that are original and unique.

3. I know a LOT of unknown scratchers that make some pretty cool projects.

4. I tend to look at the Show and Tell forum often, and I find pretty cool projects there.

5. I will curate projects that are appropriate and enjoyable for all ages and genders.

6. I am on Scratch all the time.

7. I have been on 5 months and know the site well.

8. I will pick projects that are reasonable to be on the front page.

9. I tend to search for ineresting projects all the time.

10. I help others often and have a nice personality.

Those are all the reasons I should be Curator.

http://i43.tinypic.com/34y3brb.png

#3161 2011-04-17 11:38:50

scimonster
Community Moderator

Great!

#3162 2011-04-17 12:25:41

joefarebrother
Scratcher

I'd like to be one, but I am not sure if I can be as a new scratcher.. is it a possible position as a new scratcher?

My latest project is called http://tinyurl.com/d2m8hne! It has http://tinyurl.com/d395ygk views, http://tinyurl.com/cnasmt7 love-its, and http://tinyurl.com/bwjy8xs comments.
http://tinyurl.com/756anbk   http://tinyurl.com/iplaychess

#3163 2011-04-17 13:38:24

DoodleGuy
Scratcher

Hi, I'm going to explain why I would fit to be a good curator and why I deserve it.

Throughout my time on the Scratch website, I have created many successful games. I am a dedicated worker and I'm always willing to help people out when they need it. I've even helped Scratchers at my school! I also regularly go to a Scratch club during a certain part of the day at school.

Although I haven't made many posts, that is mainly because I have been so focused on working at improving my skill and experience with Scratch. The sort of games that I would choose to be placed on the front page would be mainly very creative games. The reason being is because I am a very creative person!

I would pick games that are enjoyable to play, fun to watch, or even just great to use. I'm on scratch daily and always answer any questions on my projects. Thank you for reading!

#3164 2011-04-17 16:36:01

kewl999
Scratcher

PLEASE LET MAH BEH CURATOR AND I WILL STOP ANNOYING U FOREVER!
<say[LET MEH JOIN!!! ]for(Infinite  )secs>

#3165 2011-04-17 23:32:22

scimonster
Community Moderator

kewl999 wrote:

PLEASE LET MAH BEH CURATOR AND I WILL STOP ANNOYING U FOREVER!
<say[LET MEH JOIN!!! ]for(Infinite  )secs>

That's certainly not going to get you the position.

#3166 2011-04-18 17:49:54

FartLIck2010
Scratcher

I want to be one.

I will pick the projects that are really good but nobody has seen

#3167 2011-04-18 17:56:26

soupoftomato
Scratcher

FartLIck2010 wrote:

I want to be one.

I will pick the projects that are really good but nobody has seen

i dont think they want someone named FartLIck to be curator. It doesn't reflect well on people that are just coming on.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#3168 2011-04-18 21:12:51

ravenguy
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Interested in applying to be a Scratch curator?

We choose curators that represent the diversity of the Scratch Community - girls, boys, gamers, storytellers, animators - Scratchers of all kinds! We especially like to choose Scratchers who have been helpful and contributing members of the Scratch community.

When applying to be curator, it's good to give some thought to the kind of projects you'd like to show. "Cool projects that most people have never seen!" is a nice idea, but it doesn't really give us a good sense of what you like and why. We want to know what makes a project interesting to you.

Try viewing the projects in your favorites, and see if you can find a theme that describes them. Talk about that theme in your post on this thread, and consider providing a few links to good examples of that theme.

For example, I really like projects that use sound input from the microphone to draw interesting designs on the screen. Here's an example of one that I recently added to my favorites: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/MitFan/874786

Scratch On!

Oh! I wanna twy! Uh... *clears throat* I want to try please!

#3169 2011-04-19 11:50:34

soraandsonic
Scratcher

I would like to be a scratch curator so all of the people can be shown and introduted to the scratch world. It would be a great pleasere to be your scratch curator.

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/soraandsonic/2309546
Look at this!

#3170 2011-04-20 03:08:58

Thugs4less
Scratcher

Hey guys,

I would also like to try and be a curator for scratch. I am mainly interested in projects that have a new idea/script that I have never come across or a problem that most scratchers face, fixed but still involved within a project. I normally prefer games rather than animations or stories but if I come across any that are worth curating and have required effort to make I will give it a go.
I would first make a gallery like most of the other curators have, adding good projects as I view them. I will then go back and, throuh elimination, decide which ones to be curated.

I still considering what type of project to include but this is all I've got for now.

Whatever the outcome, thanks anyway.

Scratch is awesome.

Last edited by Thugs4less (2011-04-20 03:10:17)

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.  tongue   cool

#3171 2011-04-20 03:37:12

scimonster
Community Moderator

smile  Nice.

#3172 2011-04-20 10:37:34

Alternatives
Scratcher

imsosuperswell1 wrote:

Its me Imsosuperswell1. I am trying to become Curator again, and I would be a great curator for the following reasons.

1. I would curate all types of projects including games, art, animations, music etc.

4. I tend to look at the Show and Tell forum often, and I find pretty cool projects there.

5. I will curate projects that are appropriate and enjoyable for all ages and genders.

No. 10 has nothing to do with being a curator  wink

http://i42.tinypic.com/98vmms.png
Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say. I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way.

#3173 2011-04-20 10:54:39

VanillaCreme
Scratcher

Hello! As EveryBody That Posts On This Forum I Would Like To Be Considered To Be Picked For Curator! Let Me Give Some Examples Of What I Would Curate!  smile              http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/TheBlueRocky/1735064 I Like This Project Because Of Its Good Graphics And Nice Game Play! And No Violence! And This Scratcher Worked Hard On It!  My Next Example Is This! :                                     http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/DarkForce1998/1494403 I Like This Game Because Of Once Again Good Graphics And I Love The Intro To The Game! These Are Just Examples Of What I Would Choose! These Are Both Really Good Games! Here  Are Some Reasons Why I Should Get Picked For Curator!: 1. I Know Good Sources For Projects .2 I Know All The Rules To Curating! .3 I Have Experience In Scratch .4 I Know To Choose Aproppiate Projects For All Ages .5 I  Aready Have A List Of Good Projects To Curate!  smile  I Have Been On Scratch For Almost Half A Year. Please Consider Me For Curator! Thank You!  big_smile

http://www.prguitarman.com/icon/poptartFINALTINY.gif
http://i49.tinypic.com/6yo39h.png

#3174 2011-04-20 11:11:40

scimonster
Community Moderator

Alternatives wrote:

imsosuperswell1 wrote:

Yes it does.  wink

@VanillaCreme: Writing in all caps doesn't make such a good impression.  hmm

#3175 2011-04-20 11:28:21

Alternatives
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Alternatives wrote:

imsosuperswell1 wrote:

Yes it does.  wink

@VanillaCreme: Writing in all caps doesn't make such a good impression.  hmm

Why? I think that fits better with a mod or something. Curator chooses projects to feature on the front page, nice personalities are good, but obviously not required  wink

Edit: Post count is OVER 900!!!!!!!!
Yay, my 1000  big_smile

Last edited by Alternatives (2011-04-20 11:29:13)

http://i42.tinypic.com/98vmms.png
Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say. I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way.

Board footer