This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2008-10-11 22:52:02

maki
Scratcher

Scratch credit?

Would using Scratch give college credit or high school credit towards technology or programming courses?

Creepers are exceptionally volatile.

#2 2008-10-15 11:16:29

callaurrea
Scratcher

Re: Scratch credit?

Scratch can definitely be consider for credit towards or programming. Professor David Malan at Harvard teaches Scratch in Harvard's introduction to computer science course (http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~malan/courses.shtml).

I hope this helps!

Claudia

#3 2008-10-15 13:14:55

archmage
Scratcher

Re: Scratch credit?

It might give you credit but you should ask your teachers or consulars. I think that to get into a computer science course in university you need to write a test that is java based. In any case, I am pretty sure that scratch won't be considered by schools that much and if you are seriously going into computer science I recommend that you learn some java.

Scratch is a good intro to programming though and you could use what you learned in scratch in other languages.

Last edited by archmage (2008-10-15 13:18:04)

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

Board footer