This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-04-16 11:28:57

Smidds
New Scratcher

Hey... doubt anyone will read/help, but I have a music issue...

So here's the problem. I've downloaded a game called iSyn 07 (Heard of it?) it's an OS, so I'm just messing around right? And I come along this nifty little feature called, music. (ohh... ahh...) So i start messing around by adding a few of the music loops scratch has to offer. That was great fun and it worked to top it off. Now here's the sticky part. I go to my iTunes, and look under my music. I browse through my more favorite songs, and enter their files. And lo and behold, there's nothing inside. They're just empty files. What do I do?!? Please help give your insight, and thx for readin.
~Smidds

#2 2011-04-16 11:32:13

puppetadventurer
Scratcher

Re: Hey... doubt anyone will read/help, but I have a music issue...

i dont think the first and second parts are connected

#3 2011-04-16 11:38:56

jfmlove6
Scratcher

That happens sometimes with some programs, such as scratch. You know there's stuff in the folders, but it doesn't show up. I suggest you contact the scratch team or add this to the Suggestions fourms. There they will most likely see it. Hope this helps  smile

Last edited by jfmlove6 (2011-04-16 11:39:57)

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/23337000/ngbbs4e84d18f6a0ee.jpg

#4 2011-04-16 11:40:28

Smidds
New Scratcher

Well see, what I mean to say is that the music application in the OS tells me to just import music files from anything, and so I assumed iTunes would be compatable. So when I said I was puttig in music loops, I meant I was importing them from Scratch, and now I wanted to go beyond just putting in what scratch had to offer, and just add in music of my own. That's where I reached my problem

#5 2011-04-16 11:46:44

jfmlove6
Scratcher

Smidds wrote:

Well see, what I mean to say is that the music application in the OS tells me to just import music files from anything, and so I assumed iTunes would be compatable. So when I said I was puttig in music loops, I meant I was importing them from Scratch, and now I wanted to go beyond just putting in what scratch had to offer, and just add in music of my own. That's where I reached my problem

Yeah, Because you didn't give enough info, I didn't know exactly what you meant. Anyway,contact the scratch team to fix the problem is what I would do  smile

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/23337000/ngbbs4e84d18f6a0ee.jpg

#6 2011-04-16 12:05:53

Smidds
New Scratcher

jfmlove6 wrote:

That happens sometimes with some programs, such as scratch. You know there's stuff in the folders, but it doesn't show up. I suggest you contact the scratch team or add this to the Suggestions fourms. There they will most likely see it. Hope this helps  smile

thx  big_smile  I was thinking of going there first, but a friend of mind suggested the Newbies Forum instead. I'll try the Help team now  tongue

#7 2011-04-16 20:22:57

jcpopp
Scratcher

Smidds wrote:

So here's the problem. I've downloaded a game called iSyn 07 (Heard of it?) it's an OS, so I'm just messing around right? And I come along this nifty little feature called, music. (ohh... ahh...) So i start messing around by adding a few of the music loops scratch has to offer. That was great fun and it worked to top it off. Now here's the sticky part. I go to my iTunes, and look under my music. I browse through my more favorite songs, and enter their files. And lo and behold, there's nothing inside. They're just empty files. What do I do?!? Please help give your insight, and thx for readin.
~Smidds

To get a song from itunes to scratch, follow these steps.

1.Go to itunes
2.choose edit, preferences,gereral,and then import settings
3.In import using pop-up menu, choose wav format, and then click ok.
4.Select one or more songs in your library and choose advanced, create wav version.
5.Open in explorer
6.drag straight into scratch
7.Your music should be there!!!

Hope that helps  cool

Last edited by jcpopp (2011-04-16 20:23:30)

Join Nitro Type! It really improves your typing skills  big_smile

Board footer