This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#2901 2011-02-25 00:06:46

pannulaa1
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

kingofdallamas wrote:

pannulaa1 wrote:

Aviv2000 wrote:

I want to be a curator, because i have seen many, great, unpopular projects that desrerve some fame. I have experience with being curated, and now i get good comments like awesome and fun. projects that are like that are ones i want to curate. I am very responsible, i visit scratch.mit every day. I would want to promote good unpopular projects of animations, games, and jokes. I will need music, few glitches, and it to be entertaining for me to curate. i also wont curate silly projects that have one sprite and a 'forever' script. I will be a great curator.

what do you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  1s1s's and 1s1s1c's are the most advanced amazing projects on scratch just think of line by rhy 1s1s adventure buy scratchn8 these are amazing projects!!!!!!!!!!! why wouldnt you curate them

Different Scratchers have their own types of projects they would like to curate. There's no need to over react.

Im sorry but those are the bests projects

#2902 2011-02-25 00:13:46

kayybee
Scratcher

pannulaa1 wrote:

kingofdallamas wrote:

pannulaa1 wrote:

what do you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  1s1s's and 1s1s1c's are the most advanced amazing projects on scratch just think of line by rhy 1s1s adventure buy scratchn8 these are amazing projects!!!!!!!!!!! why wouldnt you curate them

Different Scratchers have their own types of projects they would like to curate. There's no need to over react.

That, again, is an opinion.

Truly, it can be an impressive project, but is it worth having a game without variety?

#2903 2011-02-25 00:36:06

eagleninja
Scratcher

I'd like to become a curator to help show the projects that are truly amazing and deserve more views.Some of my favourite projects are:

Adventure:a good adventure game is always a blast.

Minigame:some great minigames are out there and have some truly amazing things.

Original:I love games projects that have an originalness to them,a game with all homemade sprites.

Funny videos:funny videos are great!they always make me laugh.

Epic stories:I love the adventure of epic stories or videos.

1s1s:I've always been fascinated with the people who can make these games they are very complicated,a favourite of mine is the 1s1s adventure.

I know what curators do and once gave a link to coolerthanice of a friends project that had only 15 views when it deserved 1500.
I am incredibly responsible and visit scratch everyday,I think adding fitting music to a project makes it even better!

#2904 2011-02-25 10:26:05

nathandrake
Scratcher

I would like to be curator and i think i would be good because i spend alot of time actually playing the games on the website as well as making them, also i like all the different types of projects as you can see this by looking at my favourites. I will only choose projects with under 90 views.
I hope you choose me as curator ( even though you probably wont)  big_smile

Last edited by nathandrake (2011-02-25 10:27:52)

For all you arcade fans:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/nathandrake/1712581

#2905 2011-02-25 10:33:22

TNThieding
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator with the theme of simulations and programming. I have 3 projects in my favorites that fit the category. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/bibbleycheese/441353
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/colorfusion/982776
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/knight5656/1424946

#2906 2011-02-25 13:53:23

pannulaa1
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

pannulaa1 wrote:

kingofdallamas wrote:

That, again, is an opinion.

Truly, it can be an impressive project, but is it worth having a game without variety?

no add other games too but dont reject amazing projects for being an amazing use of scratch

#2907 2011-02-25 17:38:15

Lightnin
Scratch Team

kayybee wrote:

I want to be 50!

If people are allowed to be curator twice. There's no rule against that, is there?  hmm

Anyways, 33 is good enough because... I just think it's cool.

Well, there's so many bajillions of great Scratchers who've never even gotten to be curator once, I don't think it'd really be fair to let someone go twice....

Thanks for offering though!

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#2908 2011-02-25 17:44:39

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Thanks to everyone who has applied to be curator! As you can see, there are many more applicants than there are spots, so you'll have to be patient.

Since the question has come up a lot, I'll clarify: It's ok to repost your application once per month, but any more often than that can make things get kinda spammy. We do review every application, so don't worry- as long as you've posted once every few months, your application will be considered.

Also - many thanks to all the super helpful Scratchers who've been answering questions on this thread.  smile 

Scratch On!

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#2909 2011-02-25 19:42:53

brinkbrink
Scratcher

I would like to be curator. I would choose projects that show potential and have had large effort put into it them, projects that I think that not only I, but other scratchers will enjoy also, and/or projects that have a good idea or meaning to them.  smile

Something(not exactly)like this:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Felseisen/1242567

I think that this would be a good experience for me and hope that I get picked.  smile

Last edited by brinkbrink (2011-02-25 20:45:48)

New sig coming soon.

#2910 2011-02-25 20:24:34

thebuilderdd
Scratcher

Can I become a Curator?

#2911 2011-02-25 20:59:20

brinkbrink
Scratcher

thebuilderdd wrote:

Can I become a Curator?

You sure can try!  smile  All you have to do is post that you would like to be a curator and the kind of projects that you would choose if you became one. After that, it is up to the Scratch Team to decide.  smile  Good Luck!

New sig coming soon.

#2912 2011-02-25 21:53:59

pannulaa1
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Thanks to everyone who has applied to be curator! As you can see, there are many more applicants than there are spots, so you'll have to be patient.

Since the question has come up a lot, I'll clarify: It's ok to repost your application once per month, but any more often than that can make things get kinda spammy. We do review every application, so don't worry- as long as you've posted once every few months, your application will be considered.

Also - many thanks to all the super helpful Scratchers who've been answering questions on this thread.  smile 

Scratch On!

Hey lightnin i have a question, how long on average does it take from once youve applied to when you will become a curator... Just curious

#2913 2011-02-25 21:58:15

Wman4
Scratcher

I really want to become a curator. I would feacure MANY outstanding projects AND ill make GOOD projects because to only reason i joined scratch is beacause im REALLY creative and i want to EXPRESS my GREAT ideas. So i would ENJOY being a scratch CURATOR. big_smile

#2914 2011-02-25 22:26:18

kingofdallamas
Scratcher

pannulaa1 wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

Thanks to everyone who has applied to be curator! Scratch On!

Hey lightnin i have a question, how long on average does it take from once youve applied to when you will become a curator... Just curious

From what past curators have replied to my question...

scimonster wrote:

kingofdallamas wrote:

kayybee wrote:

Truly, you should change that last sentence... It's not likely you'll get a spot in one week. Change it to "a curator" instead of "the next curator". The next one should be around 10-15 pages back.

BTW, it took me around 4 months...

But anyways, good luck and I hope you get the spot!

Four months to be replied back from your submission, kayybee? I'm just curious because I've been anxious and waiting for a month already. My hopes of becoming a curator are nearly dying, but nevertheless, I'll be happy if someone would reply of my question above.  smile

Me too. 3 and a half months.

So, I would say an approximate of 3-4 months. To clarify furthermore, you should go ask other past curators too.  smile  Hope this answers your question!

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/Gilgamesh1192/Ninja%20Saga/ElementalJutsus2.gifhttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BoomKaTish/GIF/thgfhgfhfhgf.gif
ハロー友だち!

#2915 2011-02-25 23:34:26

calstin898
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator because I would like to see more unnoticed good projects noticed. I'd also put in other great games like ROBOX 4. Also, I have never been a curator or anything before, so it would be a fun and rewarding experience. Plus.....

...I like tacos.

Lol

check out my stuff!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/calstin898

#2916 2011-02-26 06:45:02

mattyboy321
Scratcher

hello people of scratch that are reading this i think i would be a good curator because i will not just go with what i like and want on the front page i will make it fair like all projects are appropriate for all ages and that they are not just for boys or just for girls it will be a mixture and i will probably have not just games but other things that i think will impress everyone and if it doesn't then i won't care because it is the curators choice what to put on the front page and if they want something different then they should try and become a curator and if people try and make me put their thing on the front page i will not even think about it.

#2917 2011-02-26 10:07:01

EzekielE
Scratcher

<when green flag clicked>
<say[I Would Like To Be A Curator]for( Infinite)secs>
<when[space]key pressed>
Grant Request<broadcast[Grant Request]and wait c>

http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i2260/Achievement++get%21/Find+a+Disk/mca.pnghttp://ezekielelin.com/1x1Gif/image.php

#2918 2011-02-26 12:09:21

pannulaa1
Scratcher

kingofdallamas wrote:

pannulaa1 wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

Thanks to everyone who has applied to be curator! Scratch On!

From what past curators have replied to my question...

scimonster wrote:

kingofdallamas wrote:

Four months to be replied back from your submission, kayybee? I'm just curious because I've been anxious and waiting for a month already. My hopes of becoming a curator are nearly dying, but nevertheless, I'll be happy if someone would reply of my question above.  smile

Me too. 3 and a half months.

So, I would say an approximate of 3-4 months. To clarify furthermore, you should go ask other past curators too.  smile  Hope this answers your question!

opez yea tanx  big_smile

#2919 2011-02-26 15:51:55

bluerabbit78
Scratcher

Why won't anyone take me as a curator? I would make an awesome one!

#2920 2011-02-26 18:24:08

aaron502
Scratcher

[blocks]

#2921 2011-02-26 18:41:41

hayleyalmes
Scratcher

Hello,
   I would love to be a curator! I great project I know that needs more views is Field Space Alpha. I have been curated before, and I've chatted with past curators. I think I could make a great curator.
                   Scratch On!
                           Hayleyalmes/x-sprite

#2922 2011-02-26 19:07:18

loldog
Scratcher

i would love to be the curator i love games that have had alot of efort put into them, i absolutely love thefloatingmagictree's new game "windmill bubble challenge" it has good graphics good proggraming good everything, it's awesome!  big_smile

#2923 2011-02-26 19:26:45

yankeefan4
Scratcher

I would love to curiate I could do EPIC Games or animations
For animation I could do
GIANT ROCK! (by slayerofzombies)
STICKMANIA CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! (by Sprite Master)
and SPAGHETTI CAT MUSIC VIDEO! (by Swifty 2)

For Games I could do
ROLLER COASTER EDITION ( by -Scratcher-)
METAL (by Goalkeepery)
and GO TO THE YELLOW SQUARE (by arajin)

P.S. The stuff is in CAPITALS to show that they are EPIC! they aren't really named that

thanks

Yankeefan4  smile 
<when green flag clicked><forever><say><i wanna be a curiator!>

#2924 2011-02-27 01:50:22

kayybee
Scratcher

bluerabbit78 wrote:

Instead of saying "I'd made an awesome curator", try saying what you would curate, some examples of what you might curate (preferably nothing famous), and why "you'd be an awesome curator". BTW, it's not "anyone" take me as curator. There's only one spot, and one acceptance group. It takes over 3 months on average before you will receive a message if you were chosen, so just be patient and try not to rush it!

#2925 2011-02-27 15:32:33

bluerabbit78
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

bluerabbit78 wrote:

Instead of saying "I'd made an awesome curator", try saying what you would curate, some examples of what you might curate (preferably nothing famous), and why "you'd be an awesome curator". BTW, it's not "anyone" take me as curator. There's only one spot, and one acceptance group. It takes over 3 months on average before you will receive a message if you were chosen, so just be patient and try not to rush it!

I already did before, but no one noticed me. So I wasn't bothered to write all my qualities AGAIN!

So basically, I'd prefer animations!

Board footer