This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-02-08 01:05:44

throughthefire
Scratcher

The new scratcher's guide to the forums.

On Scratch, there are two types of people. There are people who focus mainly on project making, and those who are mainly active forumers. Now, if you're a new scratcher and you haven't reached full status, you are yet to experience the full forum experience and see all that there is to see, but here's a guide on what to do and what not to do when you do reach that point. Yes, I know there is a topic already, but I'll go pretty deep on different situations and what to do.

1: Don't be a troll/Don't feed the trolls
Trolls are people who deliberately cause mayhem. They usually flame, or insult people. Not feeding the trolls means to, whatever you do, NOT REPLY TO THE TROLLS COMMENTS! That is what is known as a [i[flame war[/i]. This is what most trolls live for. Just quietly report the comment or topic or whatever, and the Scratch Team will deal with it.

2: Respect everyone on the forums
Scratch is made of many different people of many different nationalities, religions, and beliefs. If you think something you're posting may insult someone somewhere, DON'T POST IT! Likewise, if you see something that may be insulting to someone, just report it.

3: Even in the worst situation, don't freak out
If you get hacked and false messages from "you" are posted on the forums, you get negative comments, or your topic gets closed, don't start freaking out! If you get hacked, for example, don't worry. Your first action should be to contact the Scratch Team, and if you think your reputation will be damaged, most scratchers can spot a fake readily. In the case of negative comments, just handle them in a calm manner and accept it for what it is. You can't change it. You should always handle situations like these in a calm manner. it will be resolved, don't worry

4: When in doubt, ask a fellow scratcher
If you are wondering about whatever on the forums, whether it be BBcode or something else, don't be afraid to ask someone on the forums! I know many scratchers that are readily willing to help you with many different things.

5: The miscellanious forums aren't the answer to everything
Just read the title of the section! Don't keep your head in that one forum! Join a collaboration, help someone with a request, keep up with the latest scratch news! The forums are a diverse place, experience them in their fullest.

I hope this helped!

Back. For now. Maybe.

Board footer