This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-01-27 00:24:09

1337Productions
New Scratcher

Forum Clean-up?

I think that the mods should really bust their butts on cleaning up the messy forums here, I mean, just look at all the meaningless topics here, then compare this forum with that of [b]Bricksinmotion.com[/u] (<== copy and paste underlined, since I'm a "new scratcher", I can't post url links). Just look at how clean and friendly the community is there.

Another thing that really needs to be enforced here is the maximum size of sigs here (if there even is one here). The oversized sigs and .gif images are really distracting, n00bish, and just plain annoying.

I think everyone here can and more importantly SHOULD help out to cleaning this forum.

PS: I know this fits better in the "Misc." section, but I can't post a topic there for some reason, I'm guessing because my status is "New Scratcher".

Read through the first couple of pages of thread titles before posting.

#2 2011-01-27 00:34:30

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Re: Forum Clean-up?

Actually, I think it might fit better in "Suggestions" since it pertains to improving the website (I'll move it when I get some other mod stuff done  tongue )

Us mods try to do our best to clean out some stuff, but the forums are a pretty big place (and right now I'm the only one on!) - so stuff sometimes get overlooked. So it's important that users use the report button (moving topics, reporting large signatures, etc.) when a mod's attention is needed top the problem get's fixed quickly.  smile

Last edited by cheddargirl (2011-01-27 00:36:34)

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#3 2011-01-27 00:37:50

1337Productions
New Scratcher

If you need extra help, I have quite a bit of forum experience.

Read through the first couple of pages of thread titles before posting.

#4 2011-01-27 00:42:25

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

1337Productions wrote:

If you need extra help, I have quite a bit of forum experience.

It isn't so much help as it is people have a tendency to overlook using the report button (there are so many times where someone will post a comment saying "Mod, move this topic", or "mod, close this topic", etc.), which is typically a problem among more younger members who might not be too familiar with how a forum works. Using the report button is something to be encouraged. ^^;

1337Productions wrote:

... I can't post a topic there for some reason, I'm guessing because my status is "New Scratcher".

Unfortunately, yes. New Scratchers have some restrictions (see here).

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

Board footer