This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-01-16 18:40:24

Pecola1
Scratcher

HELP I need help with getting an account for wiki...

First of all, I would like to start out with saying: I asked to have a wiki account before I was experienced enough, but now I am but other times I have retried (before) it has told me that I already got an answer and the answer was no. I really wish instead of how many days the user has been with Scratch that it would actually be based on how EXPERIENCED the user is.
I hope I am helped.
Thanks, Pecola1

wiki wrote:

Scratch Wiki Account Request
Something went wrong!
You have already requested an account and it is still pending approval. Check this page every now and then to see if it has been approved.

wiki wrote:

Scratch Wiki Accounts
Please fill in your Scratch Login and Password.
You will then receive your Scratchers Wiki Login if your account has been approved.

scratch.mit.edu Username:
Pecola1
Password:

wiki wrote:

Scratch Wiki Accounts
Oops...
Thank you for your interest in becoming an editor! At this time, we are looking for Wiki editors with a longer history of positive interactions in the Scratch community. Please continue contributing to the community as described in the Scratch Terms of Use and check again later.

Thank you, and
Scratch On!

Last edited by Pecola1 (2011-01-25 15:52:17)

If you are reading this, please read to the end, because if you don't you won't know what's at the end. Don't just skip to the end though otherwise you won't be able to read the middle, which is most important. Now you must be wondering why you just read all that, the reason is you may have not noticed something, read it again and see if you notice it this time  smile

#2 2011-01-17 00:48:44

kingofdallamas
Scratcher

Re: HELP I need help with getting an account for wiki...

Pecola1 wrote:

First of all, I would like to start out with saying: I asked to have a wiki account before I was experienced enough, but now I am but other times I have retried (before) it has told me that I already got an answer and the answer was no. I really wish instead of how many days the user has been with Scratch that it would actually be based on how EXPERIENCED the user is.
I hope I am helped.
Thanks, Pecola1

wiki wrote:

Scratch Wiki Accounts
Oops...
Thank you for your interest in becoming an editor! At this time, we are looking for Wiki editors with a longer history of positive interactions in the Scratch community. Please continue contributing to the community as described in the Scratch Terms of Use and check again later.

Thank you, and
Scratch On!

Hmmm...that's sad. Well, maybe you can try again later on. Perhaps a month later? Then, you will have even more experience and time.  smile  Hope this helps!

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/Gilgamesh1192/Ninja%20Saga/ElementalJutsus2.gifhttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BoomKaTish/GIF/thgfhgfhfhgf.gif
ハロー友だち!

#3 2011-01-17 20:44:54

Pecola1
Scratcher

NO! You don't get it! I have waited 4 MONTHS! It is going to always popup! SOMONE HELP!!!!!!!!

If you are reading this, please read to the end, because if you don't you won't know what's at the end. Don't just skip to the end though otherwise you won't be able to read the middle, which is most important. Now you must be wondering why you just read all that, the reason is you may have not noticed something, read it again and see if you notice it this time  smile

#4 2011-01-17 20:46:48

ssss
Scratcher

I think you need to wait half a year  big_smile   scratch on, and positibvely feedvback !

Hey.  It's me SSSS, back from the dead!  smile

#5 2011-01-25 15:04:14

ProgrammingFreak
Scratcher

I only had to wait like 5 months. Plus I said i was writing a book....

#6 2011-01-25 15:43:40

Pecola1
Scratcher

ProgrammingFreak wrote:

I only had to wait like 5 months. Plus I said i was writing a book....

hmm  I told them I knew squeak get A's in spelling and grammar (I almost always do!) and other things like that that should help but they said that I hadn't been with scratch enough! Because back then it had only been like 3 months. Now its been at least 7 months of scratch and they tell me that "You have already asked for an account"

#7 2011-01-25 17:22:02

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

We don't approve requests simply because the user is good at Squeak or has gotten A's in spelling - we approve the ones that show an interest in the wiki and want to help it. Age on your account can help, too. But of course, knowing Squeak can help - it was good of you to mention it.

I took a look at the account approving page - your account request was declined, sorry.  sad

I don't know if people can apply for an account multiple times - maybe you could send another request?

EDIT: Oh, you said that you can't...

Last edited by Jonathanpb (2011-01-25 17:27:50)

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#8 2011-01-25 18:01:11

ProgrammingFreak
Scratcher

hmm, that is odd...
I got in and i wasn't that old to scratch...

#9 2011-01-25 18:10:01

fullmoon
Retired Community Moderator

I'm going to move this to All About Scratch, it should be a better fit there.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn100/fullmoon32/wow.jpg

#10 2011-01-25 20:19:50

Pecola1
Scratcher

fullmoon wrote:

I'm going to move this to All About Scratch, it should be a better fit there.

Okay, thanks.

#11 2011-01-26 19:34:28

Pecola1
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

We don't approve requests simply because the user is good at Squeak or has gotten A's in spelling - we approve the ones that show an interest in the wiki and want to help it. Age on your account can help, too. But of course, knowing Squeak can help - it was good of you to mention it.

I took a look at the account approving page - your account request was declined, sorry.  sad

I don't know if people can apply for an account multiple times - maybe you could send another request?

EDIT: Oh, you said that you can't...

Thanks for trying to help,  sad  do you know the exact age of your account? I made a separate account named Pecola so that people could easily tell its me but that it is a different account. I mostly want it cuz I am doing multiple mods, I am on a lot to help put more in the wiki (like the exact age of Scratch) and I like being able to help out with Scratch however I can.  smile  now all I need to do is wait for my Pecola account to get old enough to make a wiki, however it would be VERY bad if i accidentally tried it too early or it would happen all over again. However even then you may not except me and I guess that would be really disappointing. But it is for the community and at first I was being selfish just thinking that I could make pages on the wiki and get to post on the talk posts of the wiki, but now I notice that I shouldn't have, sorry.
Thanks, Pecola1

#12 2011-01-26 19:39:15

Pecola
Scratcher

See, my other account is here! BTW, is the time before you can get a wiki the same as the time before (under my name) the New Scratcher turns into Scratcher?

#13 2011-01-26 23:18:21

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Pecola1 wrote:

Thanks for trying to help,  sad  do you know the exact age of your account? I made a separate account named Pecola so that people could easily tell its me but that it is a different account. I mostly want it cuz I am doing multiple mods, I am on a lot to help put more in the wiki (like the exact age of Scratch) and I like being able to help out with Scratch however I can.  smile  now all I need to do is wait for my Pecola account to get old enough to make a wiki, however it would be VERY bad if i accidentally tried it too early or it would happen all over again. However even then you may not except me and I guess that would be really disappointing. But it is for the community and at first I was being selfish just thinking that I could make pages on the wiki and get to post on the talk posts of the wiki, but now I notice that I shouldn't have, sorry.
Thanks, Pecola1

This submission looks fine; I created your account  big_smile  Get your wiki password here   These are good pages to read: Scratch Wiki:Welcome   Scratch Wiki:Frequently Asked Questions   Have fun on the wiki!  smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#14 2011-01-27 14:59:35

Pecola1
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

Pecola1 wrote:

Thanks, Pecola1

This submission looks fine; I created your account  big_smile  Get your wiki password here   These are good pages to read: Scratch Wiki:Welcome   Scratch Wiki:Frequently Asked Questions   Have fun on the wiki!  smile

yikes  you mean you actually got it! THANKS!!!!!

#15 2011-01-27 16:51:16

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

No problem  big_smile

-Charlotte Brontë

Board footer