This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-01-12 09:37:19

throughthefire
Scratcher

Anyone want to help poor old me?

I'm looking for partner for the scratch collab challenge, and I think I may have an idea of what we can do  big_smile . I want to keep it simple, so no more than three people, k?

Here's my idea (but it's not final):
We could make an RPG game and use those sprites as some sort of powerful spell the character HAS to collect or something. Well, then again, we have about a month. Maybe if we work quickly...

Back. For now. Maybe.

#2 2011-01-12 11:22:15

technoguyx
Scratcher

Re: Anyone want to help poor old me?

I'm a decent scripter, can compose music (I've been composing some epic/creepy/ambient stuff lately) and I'm kinda creative when it comes to ideas  smile

I'd love to make a fun, addicting sandbox game. I have a thing for them ;P The RPG idea is good but a bit overused IMO.

Maybe make a puzzle game involving these three objects, maybe you could have to get the ball through a maze, the cyan thing could be spikes to avoid and the "S" a spring which can move the ball or something.

http://getgnulinux.org/links/en/linuxliberated_4_78x116.png

#3 2011-01-12 12:16:51

throughthefire
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

I'm a decent scripter, can compose music (I've been composing some epic/creepy/ambient stuff lately) and I'm kinda creative when it comes to ideas  smile

I'd love to make a fun, addicting sandbox game. I have a thing for them ;P The RPG idea is good but a bit overused IMO.

Maybe make a puzzle game involving these three objects, maybe you could have to get the ball through a maze, the cyan thing could be spikes to avoid and the "S" a spring which can move the ball or something.

I like that idea! Maybe we can have maybe 15-20 regular levels, and a level creator where you can make your own levels or something like that. Maybe it could be something like the game Crazy Machines, except simplified!

Back. For now. Maybe.

#4 2011-01-12 14:52:27

MathWizz
Scratcher

Partner or partners? This is the group for me if you need me!

http://block.site90.net/scratch.mit/text.php?size=30&text=%20A%20signature!&color=333333

#5 2011-01-12 18:47:59

throughthefire
Scratcher

MathWizz wrote:

Partner or partners? This is the group for me if you need me!

Sure! I wanted a group of three and now I have three!  big_smile

So look at the above post if you want to see what we're going to do.

Back. For now. Maybe.

#6 2011-01-24 07:35:02

zawicki1fromyoutube
Scratcher

throughthefire wrote:

I'm looking for partner for the scratch collab challenge, and I think I may have an idea of what we can do  big_smile . I want to keep it simple, so no more than three people, k?

Here's my idea (but it's not final):
We could make an RPG game and use those sprites as some sort of powerful spell the character HAS to collect or something. Well, then again, we have about a month. Maybe if we work quickly...

-_. Dude the countdown to 2012 in your siggy is all messed up. Right now it says like 1 year, 10 months, and something days I think it's 28.

|Call Of Duty: Black Ops Wii Friend Code: 3519-4456-0013|
|Follow me on Twitter|Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Board footer