This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-01-06 22:44:26

Chatter
Scratcher

How to get more views on your projects

Hi!  big_smile  This topic is for getting more views on your projects.

1. Add your projects to as many galleries as possible.

Adding your projects to galleries sometimes makes people want to view your projects. It isn't the most effiecent way though. Please remember to not spam and don't add projects that don't have anything to do with the gallery name/point of the gallery (e.g. Don't add a simulator of a bouncy ball to a tutorial gallery/a gallery called "Tutorials".).

2. Don't spam.

Spamming is really annoying. In fact, some people add spammers to their ignore list which means they don't hear about you!

3. Add popular tags to your projects.

Some people go on the popular tags page or click on tags. If they do so, they will end up on the popular tags page and click on a tag name, so if you added that tag to your project then they'll probably see it and say to themselves "Looks interesting." and click on it.

4. Be nice!

Mean people get reported and if you got reported many times, you will be banned from Scratch and, in some cases, people can't view your projects anymore!

5. Add lots of people as friends.

When people add me as a friend, I look at their projects. Don't you?  hmm  Please don't say no, it won't have a good effect  hmm

6. Introduce yourself @ http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8957.

It's a topic for people to introduce themselves to the Scratch community. P.S. - Don't introduce yourself if you've been here for a while! It might be kind of weird, like if I introduced myself after 6 months.

7. (The most important of all) Make good projects!

Everyone likes to see a well done project. When I look for good projects, I see many projects that really weren't given any effort.  sad

Here's a quote from TheBrickster (It was a comment, not a post)

TheBrickster wrote:

1. Make a variety of stuff, don't just use one idea over and over again, to the point of it wearing out. TheExplodingCheez doesen't use MHM to the point where it wears out. 2. People are idiots. People will give you bad feedback. DON'T REMOVE YOUR CREATION BECAUSE OF THIS! 3. Be friendly. Branch out into the web community. This is one of the best ways to get famous. 4. Use the spell check. Please. It helps a lot.

Here's also a link to the project by TheExplodingCheez that show's MHM's tips for scratch fame. (P.S. I don't think you should listen to the spamming tip)

Here's a quote from kingofdallamas.

kingofdallamas wrote:

1.) Galleries
Galleries are pretty helpful. If you want any views, you can add a project with the comment. Simply, just press "add" on the gallery. Some galleries don't allow "add", and in their project notes, they say, "Give me a link to your project." or something similar. THen, post your link. Soon, you will be bound to have at least ten or more views. The views might accumalate slowly but that's okay, right?   

2.) Friends
  Having a ton of friends will allow them to look at your projects.    The more friends, the better.

3.) Don't spam (unless it says you can in project notes, which I hardly doubt it)
  Lots of Scratchers hate spam, but some, themselves, are hypocrites. LOL Just don't be one. Teeehee

4.) Be nice:COMMENT
  You will get more views if you just be NICE. Mean comments, like "this sucks", is very hurtful to the creator, and nobody benefits from either way. Comment nicely and what to improve, and the creator will friend you and might view your projects. This is here a good example:
    " Great project, {username}! It looks awesome game. I love how <this and this>! Maybe, you could {do improvement}. Otherwise, everything else is terrific! Coolio {love-it or favorite?}

.::::::::::Scratch Design Studio:::::::::::::.
Scratch Design Studio is a gallery with a desginated topic for Scratchers to make projects as that topic! It's the FASTEST and EASIEST way to get views! All you have to do is make a link of your project (must be related to topic in the project notes), and then, Lightnin or one of the Scratch team members will look at it, add it to the gallery, and even select as the design studio's front page section! in order to have yours on front page in that section, you must have a pretty decent project, (the ones with more effort usually get chosen) for their creativity, excellent scripting, or etc!   

Just make your project good,and perhaps, it will be chosen to be on front page...for a while.    Teehee Well, what are you waiting for? Get started now!

*I am not responsible if your project does not get into the gallery for Scratch Desgin Studio, and nor am i obliged to guarantee a satisfying amount of views. Remember, create the project WELL. *

Here's a quote from kayybee:

kayybee wrote:

Don't add spam tags.

I saw a project.

Tags:

a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k
l
m
n
o
p
q
r
s
t
u
v
w
x
y
z
and 1000 more english words like
epic
cool
pet
computer
and only one of the tags were relevant.

game.

Here's a quote from kingofdallamas:

kingofdallamas wrote:

Here's more. I took this from my own post a year back.  smile  I hope this help!

An often question known in Scratch is this: How do I get more views??? WEll, this is quite rhetorical to experienced Scratchers (well, some). One key to fame and more views is by COMMENTING WELL!

.::::::NICe comments:::::>
If you  comment, comment well. A long extensive comment containing helpful feedback along with negative critiscim is absolutely the correct road in getting famous. Not only will the user that you had just commented on probably add you as a friend (usually commenton more than one project of that person), but also, he/she might even click your username and surf through your projects.

Here is a good example to follow:
"Wow, amazing game! I really like the various levels and obstacles it contains. THe graphics are yet incredibly done with effort! I love-it! Maybe, you could try adding music and fixing some of the sprites' movement, but otherwise, that was great!   " said by 12cookie34

This quality example shows great feedback, and this is what many Scratchers look for.

Comments may lead the user who received them to add you as a friend. Friends are great to have, for they have this extra tab on front page that indicates the latest projects of friends. You know what that means: VIews!!!

Simple comments like this "I got 1243 as my score!!" and "Cool" are not that helpful for the scratcher. It doesn't show any improvement to let the scratcher know. And, for "cool", that is often used. Sometimes, these comments actually work though!   

.::::::Bad Comments::::::>
Everybody hates these, so I advise you not to follow the formats below.

"This is LAME. L-A-M-E. "
"You suck, man! You don't deserve this views."
"Cool..."
"BORING!!!"

Again, do not be one of those people!!!! So...always be OPTIMISTIC!! Teehee    Scratch on!!!

Please say if I missed anything!  big_smile

~ Chatter

Last edited by Chatter (2011-01-20 16:46:03)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2339/mcdonaldsjoke.gifAll your problems are like batter when you add a little Chatter, because when you have Chat, you're safe from bats.  big_smile
"And so?" - The little people in my brain|Status: Snow in April?

#2 2011-01-07 20:16:07

kingofdallamas
Scratcher

Re: How to get more views on your projects

Nice! I also have some few, too. The following below was from my original post that I'm too lazy to bump it back up. Lol  tongue

There are several steps that will allow you to promote up several notches! Yay! Shall we begin?

1.) Galleries
Galleries are pretty helpful. If you want any views, you can add a project with the comment. Simply, just press "add" on the gallery. Some galleries don't allow "add", and in their project notes, they say, "Give me a link to your project." or something similar. THen, post your link. Soon, you will be bound to have at least ten or more views. The views might accumalate slowly but that's okay, right?   

2.) Friends
  Having a ton of friends will allow them to look at your projects.    The more friends, the better.

3.) Don't spam (unless it says you can in project notes, which I hardly doubt it)
  Lots of Scratchers hate spam, but some, themselves, are hypocrites. LOL Just don't be one. Teeehee

You will get more views if you just be NICE. Mean comments, like "this sucks", is very hurtful to the creator, and nobody benefits from either way. Comment nicely and what to improve, and the creator will friend you and might view your projects. This is here a good example:
    " Great project, {username}! It looks awesome game. I love how <this and this>! Maybe, you could {do improvement}. Otherwise, everything else is terrific! Coolio {love-it or favorite?}

Scratch Design Studio is a gallery with a desginated topic for Scratchers to make projects as that topic! It's the FASTEST and EASIEST way to get views! All you have to do is make a link of your project (must be related to topic in the project notes), and then, Lightnin or one of the Scratch team members will look at it, add it to the gallery, and even select as the design studio's front page section! in order to have yours on front page in that section, you must have a pretty decent project, (the ones with more effort usually get chosen) for their creativity, excellent scripting, or etc!   

Just make your project good,and perhaps, it will be chosen to be on front page...for a while.    Teehee Well, what are you waiting for? Get started now!

*I am not responsible if your project does not get into the gallery for Scratch Desgin Studio, and nor am i obliged to guarantee a satisfying amount of views. Remember, create the project WELL. *

Well, there you have it. Get more views: quick and easy.

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/Gilgamesh1192/Ninja%20Saga/ElementalJutsus2.gifhttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BoomKaTish/GIF/thgfhgfhfhgf.gif
ハロー友だち!

#3 2011-01-08 08:32:40

Chatter
Scratcher

kingofdallamas wrote:

Nice! I also have some few, too. The following below was from my original post that I'm too lazy to bump it back up. Lol  tongue

There are several steps that will allow you to promote up several notches! Yay! Shall we begin?

1.) Galleries

2.) Friends

Well, there you have it. Get more views: quick and easy.

Thanks! I added that to the list.  big_smile

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2339/mcdonaldsjoke.gifAll your problems are like batter when you add a little Chatter, because when you have Chat, you're safe from bats.  big_smile

#4 2011-01-08 20:34:31

kingofdallamas
Scratcher

Chatter wrote:

Thanks! I added that to the list.  big_smile

You're welcome!!  smile  Just helping the Scratch community; everybody deserves more recognition for each and one of their special projects.

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/Gilgamesh1192/Ninja%20Saga/ElementalJutsus2.gifhttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BoomKaTish/GIF/thgfhgfhfhgf.gif
ハロー友だち!

#5 2011-01-12 19:54:29

Chatter
Scratcher

Bump

#6 2011-01-12 20:16:06

kayybee
Scratcher

Don't add spam tags.

I saw a project.

Tags:

a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k
l
m
n
o
p
q
r
s
t
u
v
w
x
y
z
epic
cool
pet
computer

game.

#7 2011-01-12 20:43:28

Jwosty
Scratcher

Duplicate topic.

Last edited by Jwosty (2011-01-12 20:43:59)

http://i39.tinypic.com/18ert5.png Google it.  smile

#8 2011-01-14 17:48:11

Chatter
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

Don't add spam tags.

I saw a project.

Tags:

a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k
l
m
n
o
p
q
r
s
t
u
v
w
x
y
z
epic
cool
pet
computer

game.

lol Thanks! I'll add that to the post.

Jwosty wrote:

Duplicate topic.

I don't think so. That one's about spamming, this one's for those who complain about not having many views on their projects...

Last edited by Chatter (2011-01-14 17:52:39)

#9 2011-01-14 19:03:08

Jwosty
Scratcher

Chatter wrote:

Jwosty wrote:

Duplicate topic.

I don't think so. That one's about spamming, this one's for those who complain about not having many views on their projects...

They both give you ways to get more views on your project(s).

Last edited by Jwosty (2011-01-14 19:03:45)

http://i39.tinypic.com/18ert5.png Google it.  smile

#10 2011-01-14 19:11:32

kingofdallamas
Scratcher

Jwosty wrote:

Chatter wrote:

Jwosty wrote:

Duplicate topic.

But, yours particularily kind of describes how to "spam" in a semi good way, which is what Scratchers should try avoiding instead. It's still a good way to get views, but it may appear annoying to the users who have received it, especially me.  tongue

ハロー友だち!

#11 2011-01-14 21:06:47

Chatter
Scratcher

kingofdallamas wrote:

Jwosty wrote:

Chatter wrote:

But, yours particularily kind of describes how to "spam" in a semi good way, which is what Scratchers should try avoiding instead. It's still a good way to get views, but it may appear annoying to the users who have received it, especially me.  tongue

Thanks for making that point  big_smile

#12 2011-01-17 20:23:07

kingofdallamas
Scratcher

Here's more. I took this from my own post a year back.  smile  I hope this help!

An often question known in Scratch is this: How do I get more views??? WEll, this is quite rhetorical to experienced Scratchers (well, some). One key to fame and more views is by COMMENTING WELL!

.::::::NICe comments:::::>
If you  comment, comment well. A long extensive comment containing helpful feedback along with negative critiscim is absolutely the correct road in getting famous. Not only will the user that you had just commented on probably add you as a friend (usually commenton more than one project of that person), but also, he/she might even click your username and surf through your projects.

Here is a good example to follow:
"Wow, amazing game! I really like the various levels and obstacles it contains. THe graphics are yet incredibly done with effort! I love-it! Maybe, you could try adding music and fixing some of the sprites' movement, but otherwise, that was great!   " said by 12cookie34

This quality example shows great feedback, and this is what many Scratchers look for.

Comments may lead the user who received them to add you as a friend. Friends are great to have, for they have this extra tab on front page that indicates the latest projects of friends. You know what that means: VIews!!!

Simple comments like this "I got 1243 as my score!!" and "Cool" are not that helpful for the scratcher. It doesn't show any improvement to let the scratcher know. And, for "cool", that is often used. Sometimes, these comments actually work though!   

.::::::Bad Comments::::::>
Everybody hates these, so I advise you not to follow the formats below.

"This is LAME. L-A-M-E. "
"You suck, man! You don't deserve this views."
"Cool..."
"BORING!!!"

Again, do not be one of those people!!!! So...always be OPTIMISTIC!! Teehee    Scratch on!!!

ハロー友だち!

#13 2011-01-17 21:04:36

MiffinTheMuffin
Scratcher

Foruming works wonders.

http://i.imgur.com/FDvbV.png

#14 2011-01-17 21:41:04

kingofdallamas
Scratcher

MiffinTheMuffin wrote:

Foruming works wonders.

Yeah, forums is a good place to advertise, too!  wink

ハロー友だち!

#15 2011-01-19 13:29:44

juststickman
Scratcher

I'd say that adding friends does NOT help.

If I see a person added me as a friend, I generally don't add them. If I see the person with 9000+ friends, I won't view the projects, and possibly ignore that person.

http://is.gd/iBQi2 Add grob to your sig and help with world dominiation!http://is.gd/iBQ9Q                                                             Hey guys, we're seriously naming our team bob?

#16 2011-01-20 16:48:24

Chatter
Scratcher

juststickman wrote:

If I see a person added me as a friend, I generally don't add them. If I see the person with 9000+ friends, I won't view the projects, and possibly ignore that person.

Chatter wrote:

5. Add lots of people as friends.

When people add me as a friend, I look at their projects. Don't you?  hmm  Please don't say no, it won't have a good effect  hmm

Geez. >.>

Last edited by Chatter (2011-01-20 16:50:11)

#17 2011-01-21 19:47:41

kingofdallamas
Scratcher

juststickman wrote:

Wow, you're nice...Other users who added you might have a particular reason why they added you; maybe, they want to get updated on your projects or they want to have every user on Scratch as a friend. It really depends...  tongue

ハロー友だち!

#18 2011-01-21 19:50:52

Chatter
Scratcher

kingofdallamas wrote:

juststickman wrote:

Wow, you're nice...Other users who added you might have a particular reason why they added you; maybe, they want to get updated on your projects or they want to have every user on Scratch as a friend. It really depends...  tongue

Yup.  big_smile

#19 2011-01-22 14:44:14

Chatter
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

Don't add spam tags.

I saw a project.

Tags:

a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k
l
m
n
o
p
q
r
s
t
u
v
w
x
y
z
epic
cool
pet
computer

game.

Is it this one? (link to project)

#20 2011-01-22 15:08:27

MiffinTheMuffin
Scratcher

Chatter wrote:

kayybee wrote:

Don't add spam tags.

I saw a project.

Tags:

a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k
l
m
n
o
p
q
r
s
t
u
v
w
x
y
z
epic
cool
pet
computer

game.

Most likely.

http://i.imgur.com/FDvbV.png

#21 2011-01-22 15:27:38

Chatter
Scratcher

MiffinTheMuffin wrote:

Chatter wrote:

kayybee wrote:

Don't add spam tags.

I saw a project.

Tags:

a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k
l
m
n
o
p
q
r
s
t
u
v
w
x
y
z
epic
cool
pet
computer

game.

Most likely.

Yeah.

#22 2011-01-22 17:23:43

Chrischb
Scratcher

kingofdallamas wrote:

MiffinTheMuffin wrote:

Foruming works wonders.

Along with the fact that foruming makes you new friends, people know you more, and you can read up on a treasure trove of help  smile

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#23 2011-01-22 17:47:25

Chatter
Scratcher

Chrischb wrote:

kingofdallamas wrote:

MiffinTheMuffin wrote:

Foruming works wonders.

Along with the fact that foruming makes you new friends, people know you more, and you can read up on a treasure trove of help  smile

Yup.  smile

Board footer