This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-12-16 17:11:07

MysticSurvivor
New Scratcher

Greetings fellow Scratch users.

Hello, fellow Scratch users. Since I didn't have enough time to introduce myself yesterday when I joined the forums, I'm happy to say that I am doing so now. I'm glad that I have joined a decent community so I hope I have some memorable time here at Scratch.

My name is Mystic and I am a decently old programmer who has joined this website in order to find out what kids of this generation are up to when it comes to programming. I'm not to old as most would think and actually am pretty young. My life, existence, and age, are a mystery on the internet and I would sure like to keep it like that.

As a member of this society, I will mainly help the forums by guiding people in order to use this community effectively, while still making some projects for fun too. I think that it is great that a society as young as this one exists and can yet still hold such a diversity in race and especially age. Kudos to the creators for that!

Anyway, thanks for having a nice place to hang out and if you have anything to say, a question, comment, or just something relevant to this topic, go at it!

#2 2010-12-16 17:13:35

lilacfuzz101
Scratcher

Re: Greetings fellow Scratch users.

Welcome to Scratch Mystic! Scratch is a pretty fun place and i hope you like it here! It's cool that you are a programmer from another language other than scratch.  big_smile

Last edited by lilacfuzz101 (2010-12-16 17:16:03)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzqaicLrY01r5wdo7o1_500.gif

#3 2010-12-16 17:28:49

MysticSurvivor
New Scratcher

lilacfuzz101 wrote:

Welcome to Scratch Mystic! Scratch is a pretty fun place and i hope you like it here! It's cool that you are a programmer from another language other than scratch.  big_smile

Thanks, I have been learning the basics of C++ with a linux game server I hosted for a while. It's nice that I get such a fast and wonderfully nice response so fast here at scratch forums. I hope you have a nice time here too for however of an amount of time  you stay here.  wink

#4 2010-12-16 17:35:08

lilacfuzz101
Scratcher

Thanks! I know some Java and AS3 from school. my programing in scratch has been getting better a bit because of this  big_smile  I can't wait to see what sort of projects you'll make!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzqaicLrY01r5wdo7o1_500.gif

#5 2010-12-16 17:38:57

MysticSurvivor
New Scratcher

lilacfuzz101 wrote:

Thanks! I know some Java and AS3 from school. my programing in scratch has been getting better a bit because of this  big_smile  I can't wait to see what sort of projects you'll make!

Java is a bit redundant to program in because of the compiling errors, but I have learned to program decently in that too. I'm creating my first project on Scratch around now so I will be able to upload it within the few next days. Either way, thanks again for your quick replies.  smile

#6 2010-12-16 19:57:49

helltank
Scratcher

MysticSurvivor wrote:

lilacfuzz101 wrote:

Java is a bit redundant to program in because of the compiling errors, but I have learned to program decently in that too. I'm creating my first project on Scratch around now so I will be able to upload it within the few next days. Either way, thanks again for your quick replies.  smile

I do C++ too, but my friend, wei2912, insists on Java for some reason. Ohmygawd, another friend likes Perl and Python.

Error:Signature could not load. Please wait for an indefinite amount of time, until you realize you're gullible and go off to look for another potentially interesting signature to stare at.

Board footer