This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-12-10 15:29:51

edbee
New Scratcher

Game stages/levels

Hi
We are using this software in school and we have been asked to create our own game...
I have worked out how to create a basic game but I need help on creating seperate stages.

when I say stages I don't mean backgroungs I mean like stages to the game

My game is going to be like the fairground shoot the duck kind of thing with +1 points for each duck you hit with a time limit of say 30 seconds. to get to level 2 your score has to be 20 and as the levels progress the came gets harder so maybe less time or maybe less ducks on screen...

However all I can seem to do is have the duck/s moving around on screen set to hide when the spacebar is pressed whilst the crosshair is touching the duck. I can't seem to find a way of saying like

When Score = 20 have less ducks or whatever

thanks for your help in advance.

#2 2010-12-11 15:04:11

TheSaint
Scratcher

Re: Game stages/levels

<when green flag clicked>
<forever>
<if><( <{ Score }> <>> 20 )>
HAve Less Ducks

#3 2010-12-11 17:26:01

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Re: Game stages/levels

Well, to tack onto the script that TheSaint wrote, just set it up so that some of the ducks disappear when the score increases. I don't know how you wrote the script, but I'm assuming that each duck is an individual sprite. So, for some of the duck sprites, it may look something like:

[blocks]
<when green flag clicked>
<forever>
  <if> ( <{ Score }> <>> 20 )>
  <hide>
  <else>
  <show>
  <end>
<end>
[/blocks]

Last edited by cheddargirl (2010-12-11 18:13:52)

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

Board footer