This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-07-18 22:09:00

archmage
Scratcher

ArchiRPG Role Playing Game

I started this game a while ago and it's taking me a really long time to finish. Basically it's a platformer RPG similar to the online game maple story. The game will involve completing a few simple quests before facing the final boss.

The game will have 3 different character classes which are: warrior,archer, and magician. Each character class will have it's own unique upgradeable class based abilities.

When you defeat a monster it will occasionally drop gold in different amounts depending on it's difficulty. The gold can be used to buy weapons or magic potions or let you stay at an inn and recover your HP and MP.

The quests will involve basic tasks such as killing a certain number of a specific monster or collecting special quest items only certain monsters drop. Each quest will have it's own area to explore and once you are finished one quest you move on to the next.

What I have done

-RPG style battle engine
-platformer engine
-Monsters with different difficulties depending on the area
-item drops from monsters
-character classes and abilities
-1 area (each area is 5-7 rooms)

What I need to make

-shops and inns
-purchasable weapons and potions
-quests
-more areas to explore
-some sort of story
-better animation and pictures
-boss with unique look and AI

What I am working on now

I am currently working on the main castle area where there is:
-shops and inns
-purchasable weapons and potions
-portals to quest areas

I am having somewhat of a hard time doing this so it might take a while.

I haven't been working on the game as much as I have wanted to because I have a lot of other things I need to do over the summer but I am trying to work on it at least once a day.

I would really appreciate it if you would share your thoughts on the game and tell me what you think should be included.  smile

If you want to see the rough demo I whipped up then go to http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/archmage/16897

Last edited by archmage (2007-07-19 17:27:50)

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

#2 2007-07-19 05:00:39

Dave911
Scratcher

Re: ArchiRPG Role Playing Game

Hey if u need any help making components for this then Ill be glad to make some sprites for u archmage.

#3 2007-07-19 17:18:10

archmage
Scratcher

It would be cool if you could make some backgrounds.
I need the following backgrounds

Country style background
inside castle background
ominous looking background
grassy plane background
mountainous background

As for sprites I am doing all the character sprites myself using flash but if you want you can create some monster sprites.

Also if you want you can design levels and send them to me. Just draw a level in my game     "Draw Your Game" and save a screenshot and post a link to the screen shot here.

Last edited by archmage (2007-07-19 17:22:09)

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

#4 2007-07-23 19:55:19

archmage
Scratcher

I just made an update!
The update includes: gold,different monster behaviors, and purchasable weapons!

Weapon 1 will boost your attack power by 20%
Weapon 2 will boost your attack power by 40%
Weapon 3 will boost your attack power by 60%

Play the update here: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/archmage/24023

Please tell me what you think.

Last edited by archmage (2007-07-23 22:13:42)

#5 2007-07-26 20:34:54

archmage
Scratcher

Heres an animation of the character walking  smile

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4399/spriteartla5.gif

I can change his clothes if I want for other classes and stuff.

Last edited by archmage (2007-07-26 20:39:49)

#6 2007-08-18 02:02:28

archmage
Scratcher

I updated to include side scrolling because I thought it would be cool. Find it at http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/archmage/30009

Board footer