This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#2501 2010-11-22 17:24:00

pannulaa1
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Today is curator vote thing so i 1 last time will submit my proposol
this is why id be a good curator:
1. I love Scratch and am a frequent scratcher finding many fascinating projects
2. Since I am a new scratcher, I can represent the diverse community of scratchers because curators are usually Scratchers. I think I would represent some of the Scratch population.
3.I have made many show and tell posts showing the world new scratchers that have great projects. This proves i can find good unseen projects.
4. I make frequent prodjects and I now have a good idea on ok prodjects Good prodjects

What I will Curate
•I am a big fan of games and 1s1s's platformers, level games, and scrollers. But will also currate animations if they deserve it

What I will Not Curate
•Projects that break the rules of the topic purpose to get projects featured/curated
-This means no violence, no crude humor, and games must be PG rated projects with less than:
and/or
15 love its

Thank you, thats why I think I deserve to be a curator.

#2502 2010-11-22 21:15:15

emilypie
Scratcher

My shift is over, huh? Well, it was fun while it lasted!  big_smile  I'm sure Telemachus will do a great job!  smile  Hey, maybe some day I can be the first to have been curator twice.  lol

Wait...but, seriously, can we ever be curator more than once? If it's like, years apart? Just wondering.  tongue

Congrats to Telemachus!  big_smile

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#2503 2010-11-22 23:52:00

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

emilypie wrote:

Can we ever be curator more than once? If it's like, years apart? Just wondering.  tongue

I'm wondering too - I want to know so I can put the information in the Scratch Wiki article  big_smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#2504 2010-11-23 00:44:41

JJmanrulez
Scratcher

Sorry if this is including as posting too much since my last post but... I'd like to become a curator. I enjoy all good projects, there are some scratchers with AMAZING talent that no one ever sees. It would be great if I could go find some projects that are good and deserve some noticing. I have actually, come to think of it, started a series of projects about projects done by scratchers that I think need a bit more views/love its/faves etc. Please consider me as a curator. Im not big of huge posts so Im going to stop here. Thank you and good bye...for now.

#2505 2010-11-23 00:53:25

hdarken
Scratcher

Hi Scratchers,

I would love to be a curator for Scratch. This is the type of projects I will choose: battle games, and simulations that are cleverfull and creative one of the battle games I might pick is http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/sparks/877375 because it uses non violent shooting with good graphics that go together. Also I would pick a project like I will http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/orangeoz/1377007 because it is a great helicopter simulation. I only curate the project's that don't have lots of views. I will curate only if there is no blood swearing/bad language etc.
Resons why I should be a Scratch curator:
1. I am very experienced at Scratch

2. I go on the Scratch website every day

3. I look to see how the project's are made and what steps it took to create the project's

4. I am a huge contruibitor to project's and the forums

5. I have many ideas of project's

I hope you will pick me as a Scratch curator.

Last edited by hdarken (2010-11-23 01:09:16)

http://i.imgur.com/VskBk.png
http://i.imgur.com/tgxVZ.jpg

#2506 2010-11-23 04:44:56

iChat
Scratcher

I would love to be the new curator for the scratch community. My main interest is to show adventure and puzzle games to everyone. It would make my day if you did. If you picked someone else because you guys think I wasnt right for the job, it will be understandable to me. Well I hope you pick me!
iChat

#2507 2010-11-23 07:33:47

gnk2200
Scratcher

Thank you, Scratch Team! I'm probably going to be a curator Jan. 17 - Jan. 31! Thanks, Scratch Team! I'm really happy for getting this position!

#2508 2010-11-23 16:18:06

gobbii
Scratcher

CAN I please be curator, because I would love the opportunity to pick people to be on the front page! I would try to pick a variety of projects, so all scratchers see what they want, and different things are on the FP. I think I would especially go for projects that I can tell have taken a long time.

Hope you pick me,
gobbii  big_smile

#2509 2010-11-23 16:29:43

zevbo
Scratcher

hey I would be saying the same thing scratch team if you some day make me curater! but I know I will have to say why so here it goes.I have been programing for 4 years now! this last year i have been going CRAZY WITH the AWESOME SCRATCH!!!! so that makes me know a lot about scratch. and i will tell you a secret... scratch is my favorite thing to do at home and i am not kidding. if you pick me as a curator (wich you hopefully will!DDDDDD    )I will pick games-projects that you would have never known would be possible to make on scratch plus the people who have already viewed it have loved it (whether it has a lot of views or a little i don't care).  one more thing is that every thing picked by me will be up for along time. I did not use any pictures because it takes a lot of work so I used letter signs. and thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2510 2010-11-24 11:25:14

Georgiarose123
Scratcher

I would like to be one because I really want to pick the projects that I have seen that not alot of people watch especially Storywriters.

Keep Scratching!  big_smile

#2511 2010-11-24 12:32:48

lilacfuzz101
Scratcher

hey everyone! just a suggestion to those who wish to be picked as a curator- try providing links to projects you would curate!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzqaicLrY01r5wdo7o1_500.gif

#2512 2010-11-24 21:30:28

awsomesouce
Scratcher

i would like to be one       i like projects that show the different aspects of how scratch can be used

#2513 2010-11-25 14:33:02

bg200
Scratcher

I want to be one about... educational projects

#2514 2010-11-25 21:09:44

bclark6
Scratcher

I would like become a curater by putting on funny videos and addictive games. I love Scratch and hope to make it better. Thanks! I have been on Scratch for a LONG time and hope u pick me.
                            Bye,
                                  bclark6

#2515 2010-11-25 22:57:00

deebee27
New Scratcher

I Believe I Should Become A Scratch Curator. Why? I will tell you why.

1. I go on scratch every day, and I am always uploading projects.

2. I explore the scratch website to find projects that may intrest other people, so I favorite them and love them so others can check them out. I also feel like it makes them feel like someone looked at their project and loved it.

3. I am constantly giving advice to other scratchers, and helping them if someone copied their project and didn't give credit. I go to the project and ask them nicely to give credit to the original creator.

4. I am always in galleries to role play with others, and when people say they feel ignored or upset, I talk to them and then they feel better.

5. In my opinion, some people become curator for fame. I do not want fame, I want other scratchers to see how hard others work on their projects.

6. I find that sprite and music packs are very useful, especially if you are looking for a certain song and or sprite.

7. If I ever see a drawing or animation that is AMAZING, but it doesn't have many views, I favorite it so others can see that scratcher's talent.

8. Many scratchers are quitting because people are not viewing their projects. To me, scratchers quitting is like a bird flying and then suddenly giving up and dropping to the ground. The bird was never able to show it's true ability to fly. The scrarcher was never able to show their ability to the scratch community. If I am picked to become a curator, I would curate that one project that might be their last upload because of lack of views. I really believe that scratchers deserve a CHANCE at being noticed. Me becoming curator would GIVE THE CHANCE to those scratchers.

In Conclusion, I believe Curators should give scratchers their time to shine. Please consider my proposal.

Thank You For Your Time.

-Deebee27

#2516 2010-11-26 05:39:26

kayybee
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

emilypie wrote:

Can we ever be curator more than once? If it's like, years apart? Just wondering.  tongue

I'm wondering too - I want to know so I can put the information in the Scratch Wiki article  big_smile

I do wonder. I would enjoy another shift.

#2517 2010-11-26 06:48:27

iChat
Scratcher

-GizzardGulp- wrote:

iChat wrote:

I would like to be a curator because I want to show puzzle games to the world. If you pick me, thank you a lot.
iChat

Puzzle games? what about other games that turn out to be good?

You are REALLY MEAN DUDE! But they are good!

#2518 2010-11-26 11:22:40

emilypie
Scratcher

iChat wrote:

-GizzardGulp- wrote:

iChat wrote:

I would like to be a curator because I want to show puzzle games to the world. If you pick me, thank you a lot.
iChat

Puzzle games? what about other games that turn out to be good?

You are REALLY MEAN DUDE! But they are good!

I think GizzardGulp meant "why just puzzle games, and not other good games?" not "why puzzle games, what about games that are actually good?" So, i don't think they were being mean, really.

@GizzardGulp: Puzzle games are a good topic to stick to, but I'm sure iChat would go off-topic here and there, but i think i would enjoy a curator who curates some puzzle games, actually.

#2519 2010-11-26 11:39:15

FighterX89
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator, because I think the more advanced projects, those made by creators who are innovating in Scratch, or just those who make good games, deserve to on the front page. I honestly think the Curator idea is a good idea that encourages Scratchers to express their creativity and their own ideas through Scratch.

Do you really want [size=20]this?[/size]

#2520 2010-11-26 11:49:29

JansonTodd
New Scratcher

Magnie wrote:

Interesting... Will there be a new row or just use the Featured row?

True they must be guiding others on what to do not only reprimanding and deleting post.Also they should consider what is bad for them is good for others.Let them be accommodating.Am not amused by their behaviors

#2521 2010-11-26 11:53:23

emilypie
Scratcher

JansonTodd wrote:

Magnie wrote:

Interesting... Will there be a new row or just use the Featured row?

True they must be guiding others on what to do not only reprimanding and deleting post.Also they should consider what is bad for them is good for others.Let them be accommodating.Am not amused by their behaviors

*cough cough* I have no idea what you just said what-so-ever, what it has to do with Mangie's post, and what it has to do with being curator overall.  smile

#2522 2010-11-27 10:07:38

AwesomeStudios
Scratcher

That sounds great! I would post tutorial projects and projects that give examples of actions on Scratch that scratchers, especially new ones, might need help on. Thank you and scratch on!

#2523 2010-11-27 10:16:12

AwesomeStudios
Scratcher

Here is a sample of a project demonstrating a simple property in Scratch I would post. I already helped someone with a glitch and fixed it.
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/randalpik/1443805

#2524 2010-11-27 13:53:44

cpumaster930
Scratcher

I'd definitely like to be curator!  I've seen quite a few unnoticed but good projects...

http://i.imgur.com/Qd0lu.png

#2525 2010-11-28 15:25:20

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

Here is another attempt to become a curator, and also to make a proposal that is longer than Jonathan's one.  So here it goes:

I would like to become a curator because:

1. I would pick projects of all types, music, platformer, animations, art, simulations, and all other general games.

2. I know A LOT of Unknown project creators (just look at my friends list) and I see several new projects each day.

3. I would search through the 'Show and Tell' Article on the Scratch Forums. I would also make a project called 'propose your best projects here' so scratchers can link their and other people's projects for me to explore.

4. With these 2 resources for projects, I will plan to add a new project every twelve hours, giving the picked project about 36 hours on the front page and give it a healthy boost of 300 views.

5. I have been on the scratch website about a year now and I have a good taste of projects ( not just os's  big_smile  ), and will also take into account how many good and deserving projects they have made which shows that they are a good scratcher.

6. I will only pick projects that have less than 100 views, and that have less than 20 love-its. I will however pick projects that are in a series and the predecessor has been curated before. I have seen A LOT of good projects and I knew how I felt when I first published my first OS. (Thanks LS97  big_smile  )

7. I will favour and more likely curate projects that run well online (or at least run well online), and make sure that there is no offensive material in them (that's for you, kids), and that they will be exciting to all audiences (not 'Barbie Dress-Up).

8. I will be fair and give each project the same chance (unless it falls into the previous paragraph), regardless who made it. I will not however curate projects where the creator will likely to be mean to his commenters or just not say anything to them.

(Where I stopped last time)

9. The amount of projects I see that have less than 50 views and are good enough to be curated is just incredible. I know so many scratchers are amazing and deserve to have their projects curated. But, just to show you, here are some of the scratchers that have good and worthy projects: 

Prestige

SeanCanoodle

ilikewaffles

zxcvbnmkj 

Dom818

hackjack

BigDolphin

10. In case I don't find any worthy projects ( I sound like a god  lol  ), I will ask my friends to help me find some and make sure that my front page curator page keeps on moving. I will also check previous curators favourites page and look at what projects they have favoured after their time as a curator.

There is 2 more points. 

More anyone?  big_smile

-Optimax DJ

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=optimaxdj.jpg&res=medium
Treat others as you would like to be treated  smile

Board footer