This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#2476 2010-11-20 14:10:54

emilypie
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Zichqec wrote:

i'd like to be curator. i'd curate projects that are really good but get no(or little) views.

it can't get no views - it'll have to be viewed by you! xD

And take a look at the first post for better instructions on making a curator speech.  smile

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#2477 2010-11-20 14:12:02

emilypie
Scratcher

moocow98 wrote:

yay!!! i'mm probably going to be curator december 6th-20th!!!!  smile

Great! Start planning now!  big_smile

Grr...60 second rule!  mad

#2478 2010-11-20 14:20:11

OrcaCat
Scratcher

I wanted to be a curator but I didn't explain anything so I will.

I like projects that would be almost impossible to make. I don't favorite things very much, because I use favorites so I can get a link to that project quickly. I will favorite projects more often if I become a curator. I have a question. How long do you get to be a curator? I have told two of my friends about scratch and they joined scratch.

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#2479 2010-11-20 14:38:13

emilypie
Scratcher

OrcaCat wrote:

I wanted to be a curator but I didn't explain anything so I will.

I like projects that would be almost impossible to make. I don't favorite things very much, because I use favorites so I can get a link to that project quickly. I will favorite projects more often if I become a curator. I have a question. How long do you get to be a curator? I have told two of my friends about scratch and they joined scratch.

you get to be curator for two weeks.  smile  so my shift'll end monday.  wink

#2480 2010-11-20 16:11:08

Skywatcher
Scratcher

The link on your siggy is awesome, Emilypie. :3 I made a card

"I have jumped for a tree, jumped for a raven, jumped for a cougar. I shall jump for the sun!" ~Faolan~  ~Sky_Chan~/~Moon_Chan~

#2481 2010-11-20 23:11:08

moocow98
Scratcher

emilypie wrote:

moocow98 wrote:

yay!!! i'mm probably going to be curator december 6th-20th!!!!  smile

Great! Start planning now!  big_smile

Grr...60 second rule!  mad

Yeah, I already started, got a few projects picked out,

MOOCOW'S PAGE!! The weasley twins' epic quotes! "You'd know all about that, wouldn't you, Mad-Eye?... Just tryin' to diffuse the tennnsion."
*balances fork in ear, picks up coffee mug.* 'Morrrnin."

#2482 2010-11-20 23:34:17

emilypie
Scratcher

Skywatcher wrote:

The link on your siggy is awesome, Emilypie. :3 I made a card

That was random and had nothing to do what-so-ever about being curator. :3 Let's stay on topic.  smile

#2483 2010-11-20 23:45:08

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Hi! I would like to be a curator.  smile

There are many projects out there that deserve more than what they have, and that bothers me. Curators get to help bring those projects out - I would really like to get a chance to do this too.  big_smile

I would try and cover all genres of projects - animations, games, tools, interactive art, music with the sound blocks, and such. The projects that are tools (like code encrypters and formula calculating) don't normally get on the front page, so I would like to feature these too.

Here's my schedule that I would use if I became curator (I'll change projects every two days):

Days 1 - 2: Animations - I'll try and pick ones with good animating, and ones where the sprites were drawn by the user and not imported.  smile
Days 3 - 4: Games - I'll try and pick ones that are unique and have good gameplay. Replay value would be nice too.
Days 5 - 6: Tools - useful projects that are easy to use and produce nice things. Analyzers and graphs would be there too, along with a processor of some sort.
Days 7 - 8: Projects that create music with the sound blocks. Multiple instruments and notes playing at the same time would be great, too - I know a user that creates a lot of these projects, and I'd like to curate one of them (here's one of the many music projects by that user). I'll also try and curate a music-maker project - then you get to make your own music!  big_smile
Days 9 - 10: Art - I'd curate some interactive art, but what I'd really like to curate is some pen art - it looks great, but it doesn't normally get much attention. Here's one that's awesome, and I think I would curate that.  big_smile
Days 11 - 14: I'll throw up some miscellaneous projects of all genres that I enjoyed, and hope that others will enjoy them too.  smile

Please consider me for being a curator - I would really appreciate it!  smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#2484 2010-11-21 07:41:43

TheSaint
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

Hi! I would like to be a curator.  smile

There are many projects out there that deserve more than what they have, and that bothers me. Curators get to help bring those projects out - I would really like to get a chance to do this too.  big_smile

I would try and cover all genres of projects - animations, games, tools, interactive art, music with the sound blocks, and such. The projects that are tools (like code encrypters and formula calculating) don't normally get on the front page, so I would like to feature these too.

Here's my schedule that I would use if I became curator (I'll change projects every two days):

Days 1 - 2: Animations - I'll try and pick ones with good animating, and ones where the sprites were drawn by the user and not imported.  smile
Days 3 - 4: Games - I'll try and pick ones that are unique and have good gameplay. Replay value would be nice too.
Days 5 - 6: Tools - useful projects that are easy to use and produce nice things. Analyzers and graphs would be there too, along with a processor of some sort.
Days 7 - 8: Projects that create music with the sound blocks. Multiple instruments and notes playing at the same time would be great, too - I know a user that creates a lot of these projects, and I'd like to curate one of them (here's one of the many music projects by that user). I'll also try and curate a music-maker project - then you get to make your own music!  big_smile
Days 9 - 10: Art - I'd curate some interactive art, but what I'd really like to curate is some pen art - it looks great, but it doesn't normally get much attention. Here's one that's awesome, and I think I would curate that.  big_smile
Days 11 - 14: I'll throw up some miscellaneous projects of all genres that I enjoyed, and hope that others will enjoy them too.  smile

Please consider me for being a curator - I would really appreciate it!  smile

If it means anything I second the notion that jonathon becomes curator.

#2485 2010-11-21 09:25:46

gnk2200
Scratcher

Third it. (You know, besides me  tongue )

#2486 2010-11-21 11:57:18

majormax
Scratcher

And I 4th it.

#2487 2010-11-21 12:02:32

emilypie
Scratcher

Ok, guys, I think that there's a 90% chance Jonathan's gonna be curator now. xD Since so many people favor it. xD But just in case...

5th it. xD

#2488 2010-11-21 13:10:02

moocow98
Scratcher

6th it.

MOOCOW'S PAGE!! The weasley twins' epic quotes! "You'd know all about that, wouldn't you, Mad-Eye?... Just tryin' to diffuse the tennnsion."
*balances fork in ear, picks up coffee mug.* 'Morrrnin."

#2489 2010-11-21 16:39:47

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

Here is another try (to get the message out  big_smile  ) on proposing to be a curator:

I would like to become a curator because:

1. I would pick projects of all types, music, platformer, animations, art, simulations, and all other general games.

2. I know A LOT of Unknown project creators (just look at my friends list) and I see several new projects each day.

3. I would search through the 'Show and Tell' Article on the Scratch Forums. I would also make a project called 'propose your best projects here' so scratchers can link their and other people's projects for me to explore.

4. With these 2 resources for projects, I will plan to add a new project every twelve hours, giving the picked project about 36 hours on the front page and give it a healthy boost of 300 views.

5. I have been on the scratch website about a year now and I have a good taste of projects ( not just os's  big_smile  ), and will also take into account how many good and deserving projects they have made which shows that they are a good scratcher.

6. I will only pick projects that have less than 100 views, and that have less than 20 love-its. I will however pick projects that are in a series and the predecessor has been curated before. I have seen A LOT of good projects and I knew how I felt when I first published my first OS. (Thanks LS97  big_smile )

7. I will favour and more likely curate projects that run well online (or at least run well online), and make sure that there is no offensive material in them (that's for you, kids), and that they will be exciting to all audiences (not 'Barbie Dress-Up).

8. I will be fair and give each project the same chance (unless it falls into the previous paragraph), regardless who made it. I will not however curate projects where the creator will likely to be mean to his commenters or just not say anything to them.

Those are some of the reasons why I think I should be a curator.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=optimaxdj.jpg&res=medium
Treat others as you would like to be treated  smile

#2490 2010-11-21 16:59:04

emilypie
Scratcher

Optimax-DJ wrote:

Here is another try (to get the message out  big_smile  ) on proposing to be a curator:

1. I would pick projects of all types, music, platformer, animations, art, simulations, and all other general games.

2. I know A LOT of Unknown project creators (just look at my friends list) and I see several new projects each day.

3. I would search through the 'Show and Tell' Article on the Scratch Forums. I would also make a project called 'propose your best projects here' so scratchers can link their and other people's projects for me to explore.

4. With these 2 resources for projects, I will plan to add a new project every twelve hours, giving the picked project about 36 hours on the front page and give it a healthy boost of 300 views.

5. I have been on the scratch website about a year now and I have a good taste of projects ( not just os's  big_smile  ), and will also take into account how many good and deserving projects they have made which shows that they are a good scratcher.

6. I will only pick projects that have less than 100 views, and that have less than 20 love-its. I will however pick projects that are in a series and the predecessor has been curated before. I have seen A LOT of good projects and I knew how I felt when I first published my first OS. (Thanks LS97  big_smile )

7. I will favour and more likely curate projects that run well online (or at least run well online), and make sure that there is no offensive material in them (that's for you, kids), and that they will be exciting to all audiences (not 'Barbie Dress-Up).

8. I will be fair and give each project the same chance (unless it falls into the previous paragraph), regardless who made it. I will not however curate projects where the creator will likely to be mean to his commenters or just not say anything to them.

I don't think you need to repost this much.  smile

#2491 2010-11-21 17:20:22

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

Here is another attempt to become a curator, and also to make a proposal that is longer than Jonathan's one.  So here it goes:

6. I will only pick projects that have less than 100 views, and that have less than 20 love-its. I will however pick projects that are in a series and the predecessor has been curated before. I have seen A LOT of good projects and I knew how I felt when I first published my first OS. (Thanks LS97  big_smile  )

(Where I stopped last time)

9. The amount of projects I see that have less than 50 views and are good enough to be curated is just incredible. I know so many scratchers are amazing and deserve to have their projects curated. But, just to show you, here are some of the scratchers that have good and worthy projects: 

Prestige

SeanCanoodle

ilikewaffles

zxcvbnmkj 

Dom818

hackjack

BigDolphin

10. In case I don't find any worthy projects ( I sound like a god  lol  ), I will ask my friends to help me find some and make sure that my front page curator page keeps on moving. I will also check previous curators favourites page and look at what projects they have favoured after their time as a curator.

There is 2 more points. 

More anyone?  big_smile

-Optimax DJ

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=optimaxdj.jpg&res=medium

#2492 2010-11-21 17:22:20

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

emilypie wrote:

Optimax-DJ wrote:

I don't think you need to repost this much.  smile

I posted a new one ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#2493 2010-11-21 18:31:32

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

emilypie wrote:

Ok, guys, I think that there's a 90% chance Jonathan's gonna be curator now. xD Since so many people favor it. xD

I wish xD; the Scratch Team will only choose people that they know would be a good curator.  wink  But thanks everyone.  big_smile

Optimax-DJ wrote:

Here is another attempt to become a curator, and also to make a proposal that is longer than Jonathan's one.  So here it goes:

6. I will only pick projects that have less than 100 views, and that have less than 20 love-its. I will however pick projects that are in a series and the predecessor has been curated before. I have seen A LOT of good projects and I knew how I felt when I first published my first OS. (Thanks LS97  big_smile  )

9. The amount of projects I see that have less than 50 views and are good enough to be curated is just incredible. I know so many scratchers are amazing and deserve to have their projects curated. But, just to show you, here are some of the scratchers that have good and worthy projects: 

Prestige

SeanCanoodle

ilikewaffles

zxcvbnmkj 

Dom818

hackjack

BigDolphin

10. In case I don't find any worthy projects ( I sound like a god  lol  ), I will ask my friends to help me find some and make sure that my front page curator page keeps on moving. I will also check previous curators favourites page and look at what projects they have favoured after their time as a curator.

There is 2 more points. 

More anyone?  big_smile

-Optimax DJ

That looks really, really good - you obviously put plenty of time into that, and it's a brilliant speech.  smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#2494 2010-11-21 18:59:14

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Jonathanpb wrote:

emilypie wrote:

Ok, guys, I think that there's a 90% chance Jonathan's gonna be curator now. xD Since so many people favor it. xD

I wish xD; the Scratch Team will only choose people that they know would be a good curator.  wink  But thanks everyone.  big_smile

Optimax-DJ wrote:

Prestige

SeanCanoodle

ilikewaffles

zxcvbnmkj 

Dom818

hackjack

BigDolphin

There is 2 more points. 

More anyone?  big_smile

-Optimax DJ

That looks really, really good - you obviously put plenty of time into that, and it's a brilliant speech.  smile

It is a nice speech, but versions of it have been posted a few too many times lately.  Patience is also an important quality in a curator. In the future, please repost at most once per month. Thanks.  smile

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#2495 2010-11-21 19:12:05

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

emilypie wrote:

Optimax-DJ wrote:

Prestige

SeanCanoodle

ilikewaffles

zxcvbnmkj 

Dom818

hackjack

BigDolphin

There is 2 more points. 

More anyone?  big_smile

-Optimax DJ

It is a nice speech, but versions of it have been posted a few too many times lately.  Patience is also an important quality in a curator. In the future, please repost at most once per month. Thanks.  smile

Sorry I wasted your time (walks off into the rain and disappears into the horizon)  smile

#2496 2010-11-21 20:58:38

HowardK
Scratcher

I would like to do it. People should be shown from their good works. I found a lot of good games that aren't popular, but are good. I think that they should be shown and recommended.<{  }>

#2497 2010-11-21 22:39:23

serventofGod
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator, I know you guys are busy so I won't be expecting to be picked or anything.   smile  I appreciate projects that show that the creator clearly had put time effort into that project, and/or humorous projects, that are sure to put a smile on your face. I really like a wide range of projects, art, animation, humor, ext....  smile

~Keep on scratch'n'!

big_smile  i am currently happy  big_smile

#2498 2010-11-21 23:52:10

RocksAndFire
Scratcher

I am still interested in being curator  smile  I have made numerous scratch projects, and while most of them were deleted, they were 99% games. So I guess you know what to expect from me, but you can expect much more then just games. I also love great ideas, simple or complex, in any subject at all. I will only curate anything deserving it. And the things I curate will have diversity.

Thanks for considering me

Last edited by RocksAndFire (2010-11-21 23:52:37)

#2499 2010-11-22 06:46:45

iChat
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator because I want to show puzzle games to the world. If you pick me, thank you a lot.
iChat

#2500 2010-11-22 16:53:08

-GizzardGulp-
Scratcher

iChat wrote:

I would like to be a curator because I want to show puzzle games to the world. If you pick me, thank you a lot.
iChat

Puzzle games? what about other games that turn out to be good?

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k607/Max_Levine/SnoutmolStudios.png

Board footer