This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#2401 2010-11-11 12:32:05

Skywatcher
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Oh, and I will only choose projects that have less than 75 views and less than 10 love-its

Thanks for a great first year!  smile

~Sky_Chan~

"I have jumped for a tree, jumped for a raven, jumped for a cougar. I shall jump for the sun!" ~Faolan~  ~Sky_Chan~/~Moon_Chan~

#2402 2010-11-11 12:44:33

pannulaa1
Scratcher

ns why I would be a good curator:
1. I love Scratch and am a frequent scratcher finding many fascinating projects
2. Since I am a new scratcher, I can represent the diverse community of scratchers because curators are usually Scratchers. I think I would represent some of the Scratch population.
3.I have made many show and tell posts showing the world new scratchers that have great projects. This proves i can find good unseen projects.
4. I make frequent prodjects and I now have a good idea on ok prodjects Good prodjects

What I will Curate
•I am a big fan of games and 1s1s's platformers, level games, and scrollers. But will also currate animations if they deserve it
•I am sorry for you animators; I usually curate projects that show a great understanding of Scratch and projects that can be played to represent this.

What I will Not Curate
•Projects that break the rules of the topic purpose to get projects featured/curated
-This means no violence, no crude humor, and games must be PG rated projects with less than:
and/or
15 love its

Thank you, thats why I think I deserve to be a curator.

#2403 2010-11-12 00:12:24

XplodingEggs
Scratcher

pannulaa1 wrote:

2. Since I am a new scratcher, I can represent the diverse community of scratchers because curators are usually Scratchers. I think I would represent some of the Scratch population.
3.I have made many show and tell posts showing the world new scratchers that have great projects. This proves i can find good unseen projects.
4. I make frequent prodjects and I now have a good idea on ok prodjects Good prodjects

What I will Curate
•I am a big fan of games and 1s1s's platformers, level games, and scrollers. But will also currate animations if they deserve it
•I am sorry for you animators; I usually curate projects that show a great understanding of Scratch and projects that can be played to represent this.

What I will Not Curate
•Projects that break the rules of the topic purpose to get projects featured/curated
-This means no violence, no crude humor, and games must be PG rated projects with less than:
and/or
15 love its

Looks great!  big_smile

http://i54.tinypic.com/102kqr7.jpg

#2404 2010-11-12 06:09:14

warriorwolfgirl
Scratcher

I wanna do it  smile

#2405 2010-11-12 06:16:16

12three
Scratcher

warriorwolfgirl wrote:

I wanna do it  smile

You should say why if you want them to pick you.  smile

#2406 2010-11-12 22:54:58

JJmanrulez
Scratcher

I would like to become a curator, I believe I am ready for it. I like all sorts of projects as long as they are entertaining. Most of the projects I like though, are games and animations.

#2407 2010-11-13 00:10:00

pannulaa1
Scratcher

XplodingEggs wrote:

pannulaa1 wrote:

What I will Curate

What I will Not Curate
and/or
15 love its

Looks great!  big_smile

Thanks!

#2408 2010-11-13 02:48:49

ojmaflic
Scratcher

I would like to be scratch curator because I know that there are tons of scratch projects out there which are fantastic, but hardly any views or loveits. And there are some good projects that tons of kids love.

http://i.imgur.com/9rdPg.png
Dragon O-S, The Easiest O-S Ever!

#2409 2010-11-13 07:05:10

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

Here is another try (to get the message out  big_smile  ) on proposing to be a curator:

I would like to become a curator because:

1. I would pick projects of all types, music, platformer, animations, art, simulations, and all other general games.

2. I know A LOT of Unknown project creators (just look at my friends list) and I see several new projects each day.

3. I would search through the 'Show and Tell' Article on the Scratch Forums. I would also make a project called 'propose your best projects here' so scratchers can link their and other people's projects for me to explore.

4. With these 2 resources for projects, I will plan to add a new project every twelve hours, giving the picked project about 36 hours on the front page and give it a healthy boost of 300 views.

5. I have been on the scratch website about a year now and I have a good taste of projects ( not just os's  big_smile  ), and will also take into account how many good and deserving projects they have made which shows that they are a good scratcher.

6. I will only pick projects that have less than 100 views, and that have less than 20 love-its. I will however pick projects that are in a series and the predecessor has been curated before. I have seen A LOT of good projects and I knew how I felt when I first published my first OS. (Thanks LS97  big_smile )

7. I will favour and more likely curate projects that run well online (or at least run well online), and make sure that there is no offensive material in them (that's for you, kids), and that they will be exciting to all audiences (not 'Barbie Dress-Up).

8. I will be fair and give each project the same chance (unless it falls into the previous paragraph), regardless who made it. I will not however curate projects where the creator will likely to be mean to his commenters or just not say anything to them.

Those are some of the reasons why I think I should be a curator.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=optimaxdj.jpg&res=medium
Treat others as you would like to be treated  smile

#2410 2010-11-13 09:13:31

emilypie
Scratcher

Optimax-DJ wrote:

Here is another try (to get the message out  big_smile  ) on proposing to be a curator:

1. I would pick projects of all types, music, platformer, animations, art, simulations, and all other general games.

2. I know A LOT of Unknown project creators (just look at my friends list) and I see several new projects each day.

3. I would search through the 'Show and Tell' Article on the Scratch Forums. I would also make a project called 'propose your best projects here' so scratchers can link their and other people's projects for me to explore.

4. With these 2 resources for projects, I will plan to add a new project every twelve hours, giving the picked project about 36 hours on the front page and give it a healthy boost of 300 views.

5. I have been on the scratch website about a year now and I have a good taste of projects ( not just os's  big_smile  ), and will also take into account how many good and deserving projects they have made which shows that they are a good scratcher.

6. I will only pick projects that have less than 100 views, and that have less than 20 love-its. I will however pick projects that are in a series and the predecessor has been curated before. I have seen A LOT of good projects and I knew how I felt when I first published my first OS. (Thanks LS97  big_smile )

7. I will favour and more likely curate projects that run well online (or at least run well online), and make sure that there is no offensive material in them (that's for you, kids), and that they will be exciting to all audiences (not 'Barbie Dress-Up).

8. I will be fair and give each project the same chance (unless it falls into the previous paragraph), regardless who made it. I will not however curate projects where the creator will likely to be mean to his commenters or just not say anything to them.

i think you are reposting too much.  hmm

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#2411 2010-11-13 11:21:19

Pengo595
Scratcher

I always wanted to get on that page!!! I made a show called Maki Defenders. I want to put that on!!!

#2412 2010-11-13 13:02:16

teddybear4545454
Scratcher

I would be interested in becoming a curator.I would like to be curator to give underappreciated animators, gamers and artists more attenion. I would feature mostly games and animation/ artwork and projects that I think had lots of time and effort put into them.  I would like to represent the Scratch communtity by featuring all kinds of projects however.   smile
                                                       Thank You,
                                                       Teddybear4545454

#2413 2010-11-13 16:15:51

mwhitey12
Scratcher

i want to be a scratch curator because i would love to see my favorite projects get more views and some of my favorites would change the way we think of scrtach of course in a good way the type of projects i would like to post as a curator would be simulators i would like to have them front paged because i think their interesting because they take  some hot product and they show it as a project i think it's pretty cool

#2414 2010-11-13 18:10:43

Skywatcher
Scratcher

XD Hi, Teddy!

"I have jumped for a tree, jumped for a raven, jumped for a cougar. I shall jump for the sun!" ~Faolan~  ~Sky_Chan~/~Moon_Chan~

#2415 2010-11-13 18:25:06

kayybee
Scratcher

@optimax-I'm pretty sure they get the message that you want to be curator, after like, two posts every page, you should post every 10 pages or so, but if you really want to be curator, maybe 5... Increasing your post rate won't help that much...

#2416 2010-11-13 19:56:41

natkat
Scratcher

I would definitely want to be a curator for scratch. If I was one, I would not choose projects that have already been chosen so many times as most viewed, I would choose new, unknown projects and introduce them to the scratch community. There are so many great projects that are not on the most viewed. I like a variety of projects, so I guess other people would, too, so that is what I will pick.  smile

#2417 2010-11-13 20:09:58

JJmanrulez
Scratcher

oh... I remember something! I would like to show the projects that are really great but people dont look at them. they deserve to be seen and i would like to show them. Like this project for example. May not have the best graphics but I find it entertaining: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/TEAMS/1321120

#2418 2010-11-13 21:56:37

happycd
Scratcher

i would like 2 b a curator. i like platformers and scrollers( especially ones that work online)  wink

#2419 2010-11-13 22:45:11

PyrosTheStickman
Scratcher

I would!!!I'd show whatever tickles my fancy^_^
http://uimg.ngfiles.com/profile/3341/3341789.gifhttp://newsimg.ngfiles.com/220000/220508___.GIF

#2420 2010-11-14 08:07:39

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

emilypie wrote:

Optimax-DJ wrote:

i think you are reposting too much.  hmm

I don't want to be forgotten like all of my other posts. But I guess I an posting a bit too much, I'll cut down on the posts. I just REALLY want to be a curator (doesn't everyone XD). Anyway, I will cut down on the posts  smile

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=optimaxdj.jpg&res=medium

#2421 2010-11-14 08:10:49

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

@optimax-I'm pretty sure they get the message that you want to be curator, after like, two posts every page, you should post every 10 pages or so, but if you really want to be curator, maybe 5... Increasing your post rate won't help that much...

Look above  smile

#2422 2010-11-14 08:55:09

hayleyalmes
Scratcher

i would like to also be a curator. I select games, music videos, and RPG forms

#2423 2010-11-14 12:13:06

Thehero
Scratcher

Hello, I have asked to be curator lots of times and did not know how to be one or that I didn't know that being a curator is a big responsibility. I did not understand about the scratch curator, I do know.

The first reason why I want to be a scratch curator is to put classic and hard-working programming projects on the front page. Lately, the front page has been filled with project I do not approve of, they did not work hard enough to earn those projects on the front page. I also want to give scratchers a chance to be on the front page, so I would select projects under 80 views. Sorry, but I will put the projects I want to curate on my next post. And remember all of you scratchers, being a scratch curator doesn't mean  you can favorite your own project, you have to earn it by yourself. I took a break from scratch and made me realize all this stuff. It just makes me want to cry.

#2424 2010-11-14 17:37:57

ninetails8
Scratcher

I would really like to be one  smile

#2425 2010-11-14 18:29:15

pannulaa1
Scratcher

Thehero wrote:

Hello, I have asked to be curator lots of times and did not know how to be one or that I didn't know that being a curator is a big responsibility. I did not understand about the scratch curator, I do know.

The first reason why I want to be a scratch curator is to put classic and hard-working programming projects on the front page. Lately, the front page has been filled with project I do not approve of, they did not work hard enough to earn those projects on the front page. I also want to give scratchers a chance to be on the front page, so I would select projects under 80 views. Sorry, but I will put the projects I want to curate on my next post. And remember all of you scratchers, being a scratch curator doesn't mean  you can favorite your own project, you have to earn it by yourself. I took a break from scratch and made me realize all this stuff. It just makes me want to cry.

Im sorry but the quote i found you said was a little offencive You havent made many games/ animations so i dont think you have the right to say they didnt work hard enough to be on the front page im sure they worked plenty hard

Board footer