This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#2376 2010-11-08 20:02:49

emilypie
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Jonathanpb wrote:

-iNetMaster- wrote:

I would like to be curator.
I would choose unrecognized projects(not mine, of course!) that I feel the Scratch Community would like. Such as art, 3D, Platformers, and other projects such as music or animation.

That is why I want to be curator.

Nice simple concise speech that gets to the point.  smile  Good luck!

However, it appears to be lacking examples, and a clear topic. He/she should only chose one or two; art, 3D, platformers, music, and animation is too much of a variety, unless you are doing what i'm doing, a new topic every time you curate 3 new projects. they also need one or two examples to show the scratch team they are prepared.  smile

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#2377 2010-11-08 21:20:03

emilypie
Scratcher

I know I sound REALLY impatient here, but, hey, I'm an impatient person, but what time does the curators shift start, approximately? ^^;

#2378 2010-11-08 21:30:00

-iNetMaster-
Scratcher

Well basically I just choose interesting projects that deserve to be front-paged

#2379 2010-11-08 21:32:04

emilypie
Scratcher

-iNetMaster- wrote:

Well basically I just choose interesting projects that deserve to be front-paged

ok, if you REALLY can't get a good topic, but you need examples, too. go find 2 or 3 projects you would curate, and link to them here! good luck with becoming curator!  smile

#2380 2010-11-08 23:29:54

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

emilypie wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

-iNetMaster- wrote:

I would like to be curator.
I would choose unrecognized projects(not mine, of course!) that I feel the Scratch Community would like. Such as art, 3D, Platformers, and other projects such as music or animation.

That is why I want to be curator.

Nice simple concise speech that gets to the point.  smile  Good luck!

However, it appears to be lacking examples, and a clear topic. He/she should only chose one or two; art, 3D, platformers, music, and animation is too much of a variety, unless you are doing what i'm doing, a new topic every time you curate 3 new projects. they also need one or two examples to show the scratch team they are prepared.  smile

I think it's fine to do more than two types of projects - if I were a curator, I'd try and show all kinds of projects. ^_^

emilypie wrote:

I know I sound REALLY impatient here, but, hey, I'm an impatient person, but what time does the curators shift start, approximately? ^^;

You're already a curator... and if I'm right, you'll have until the 21st.  smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#2381 2010-11-09 00:42:51

GizmoGadget5
Scratcher

I would love to beome a curator the the traits for a project picked by me are

a.hilarious (did I spell that right i'm sorry if I diddnt i'm not the best speller around)

b.realy realy fun

c.things with verry complicated scripts (but still fun of coarse i'm not boring)

d.mind boggaling awesomesauce (again i'm sorry if i spelled it wrong)

please please please pick me no pressure although it'll be a bucket of fun!

big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

#2382 2010-11-09 16:57:00

emilypie
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

emilypie wrote:

You're already a curator... and if I'm right, you'll have until the 21st.  smile

i wasn't when i posted that.  tongue

#2383 2010-11-09 17:26:07

buddies
Scratcher

i really wont to be a curator... so i can give really goodd animations and games with no views to get on front page and gets lots and lots of views... SCRATCH ON!!!!!!!!!!!

#2384 2010-11-09 19:56:37

-GizzardGulp-
Scratcher

Zelda123 wrote:

I would enjoy doing this. Will the position be permanent or will there be a few every month or so?

it's not permanent. i think

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k607/Max_Levine/SnoutmolStudios.png

#2385 2010-11-09 20:06:32

emilypie
Scratcher

every 2 weeks a new one is chosen, i believe, that means my shift ends November 21st.  smile

#2386 2010-11-09 20:18:26

pannulaa1
Scratcher

Me id love to i would show platformer and level games i think i already have a few unseen ones thankyou anyways plz consider

#2387 2010-11-10 13:36:43

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

Here is another try (to get the message out  big_smile  ) on proposing to be a curator:

I would like to become a curator because:

1. I would pick projects of all types, music, platformer, animations, art, simulations, and all other general games.

2. I know A LOT of Unknown project creators (just look at my friends list) and I see several new projects each day.

3. I would search through the 'Show and Tell' Article on the Scratch Forums. I would also make a project called 'propose your best projects here' so scratchers can link their and other people's projects for me to explore.

4. With these 2 resources for projects, I will plan to add a new project every twelve hours, giving the picked project about 36 hours on the front page and give it a healthy boost of 300 views.

5. I have been on the scratch website about a year now and I have a good taste of projects ( not just os's  big_smile  ), and will also take into account how many good and deserving projects they have made which shows that they are a good scratcher.

6. I will only pick projects that have less than 100 views, and that have less than 20 love-its. I will however pick projects that are in a series and the predecessor has been curated before. I have seen A LOT of good projects and I knew how I felt when I first published my first OS. (Thanks LS97  big_smile )

7. I will favour and more likely curate projects that run well online (or at least run well online), and make sure that there is no offensive material in them (that's for you, kids), and that they will be exciting to all audiences (not 'Barbie Dress-Up).

8. I will be fair and give each project the same chance (unless it falls into the previous paragraph), regardless who made it. I will not however curate projects where the creator will likely to be mean to his commenters or just not say anything to them.

Those are some of the reasons why I think I should be a curator.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=optimaxdj.jpg&res=medium
Treat others as you would like to be treated  smile

#2388 2010-11-10 13:39:17

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

pannulaa1 wrote:

Me id love to i would show platformer and level games i think i already have a few unseen ones thankyou anyways plz consider

To get the best chance at becoming the curator then make your posts longer and more interesting, and give more reasons  big_smile  We all want to be a curator, but only if we try hard and post speeches.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=optimaxdj.jpg&res=medium

#2389 2010-11-10 19:27:02

croum
Scratcher

can i?plz!!

#2390 2010-11-10 19:57:13

kayybee
Scratcher

Okay, let me say this one more time. croum, if you want to be curator, try to post a longer speech, at least several sentences. Include:
•why you want to be curator
•what makes you a good curator
•what kind of projects you want to curate
•examples of projects you want to curate
and you should be ready. That will ensure you of a higher chance of being chosen as curator.

#2391 2010-11-10 22:11:07

pannulaa1
Scratcher

Optimax-DJ wrote:

pannulaa1 wrote:

To get the best chance at becoming the curator then make your posts longer and more interesting, and give more reasons  big_smile  We all want to be a curator, but only if we try hard and post speeches.

Ill Tr that

#2392 2010-11-10 22:14:21

foxyzilla
Scratcher

Ello!  big_smile  I would like to be curator if possible!I like any games and random projects,and when i mean random,i mean like 100 times!Ok I think thats it... Bye!  ~foxyzilla

#2393 2010-11-10 22:20:31

foxyzilla
Scratcher

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/foxyzilla/1231671# I also make games of my own,even if there not perfect!Ive made about 7,some multi lvls.   tongue

#2394 2010-11-10 22:20:43

pannulaa1
Scratcher

I would Like to become a currator
reasons why id be a good one
1. I Love scracth am and a freequent scratcher finding Many fastinating Prodjects
2. Since I am a knew newscratcher i can represent the Diverse cumunitty of scratchers, Since Currators are ussually Scratchers I think I would represent some of the cratch population
3.I have made MANY show and tell posts showing the world new scratchers that have great prodjects   this proves i can find good unseen prodjects

What I will Currate
I am a big fan of games and 1s1s's platformers, level games and scrollers
I am sorry for you animators i ussually currate prodjects that show a Great understanding of scratch and that can be played to represent this

What I will not currate
No projects that brake the rules of The aTopic Purpouse to get prodjects featured
this means no violence no crude hummor and games must be PG rated prodjects over 125 views will not be currated No more thank 15 love its

Thank you thats why I think i deserve to be a currator

#2395 2010-11-10 23:09:42

kayybee
Scratcher

@panulaa1-Let me fix your grammar, spelling, usage... for you.

pannulaa1 wrote:

I would like to become a curator
Reasons why I would be a good curator:
1. I love Scratch and am a frequent scratcher finding many fascinating projects
2. Since I am a new scratcher, I can represent the diverse community of scratchers because curators are usually Scratchers. I think I would represent some of the Scratch population.
3.I have made many show and tell posts showing the world new scratchers that have great projects. This proves i can find good unseen projects.

What I will Curate
•I am a big fan of games and 1s1s's platformers, level games, and scrollers.
•I am sorry for you animators; I usually curate projects that show a great understanding of Scratch and projects that can be played to represent this.

What I will Not Curate
•Projects that break the rules of the topic purpose to get projects featured/curated
-This means no violence, no crude humor, and games must be PG rated projects with less than:
and/or
15 love its

Thank you, thats why I think I deserve to be a curator.

I think you should include some examples of what you might curate. Also, you did choose a wide variety of projects (good job for that) but people can show a great understanding of Scratch with animations too. It's not just games... Animator vs. Animation is a great way to show understanding of flash, and it's an animation, not game... The rest is good, but the reason why the Scratch Team does not always choose new scratchers and scratchers is because sometimes new scratchers do not understand, (eg. they might choose a project already front paged, a sort of good project (when there are tons of better ones) a person that's famous...) but I think you understand. Good luck!

#2396 2010-11-10 23:52:11

pannulaa1
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

@panulaa1-Let me fix your grammar, spelling, usage... for you.

pannulaa1 wrote:

I would like to become a curator
Reasons why I would be a good curator:
1. I love Scratch and am a frequent scratcher finding many fascinating projects
2. Since I am a new scratcher, I can represent the diverse community of scratchers because curators are usually Scratchers. I think I would represent some of the Scratch population.
3.I have made many show and tell posts showing the world new scratchers that have great projects. This proves i can find good unseen projects.

What I will Curate
•I am a big fan of games and 1s1s's platformers, level games, and scrollers.
•I am sorry for you animators; I usually curate projects that show a great understanding of Scratch and projects that can be played to represent this.

What I will Not Curate
•Projects that break the rules of the topic purpose to get projects featured/curated
-This means no violence, no crude humor, and games must be PG rated projects with less than:
and/or
15 love its

Thank you, thats why I think I deserve to be a curator.

I think you should include some examples of what you might curate. Also, you did choose a wide variety of projects (good job for that) but people can show a great understanding of Scratch with animations too. It's not just games... Animator vs. Animation is a great way to show understanding of flash, and it's an animation, not game... The rest is good, but the reason why the Scratch Team does not always choose new scratchers and scratchers is because sometimes new scratchers do not understand, (eg. they might choose a project already front paged, a sort of good project (when there are tons of better ones) a person that's famous...) but I think you understand. Good luck!

I think our right about animations i will have to rethink that one but for me standards of anamation are a little higher than standards of games also heres a prodject http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/GurkinC/916199 Please tell me if this is the kind of prodjects you
warned me about being a "not good enough to currate game"

#2397 2010-11-11 05:46:09

g618
New Scratcher

if i was to create the hompage os scratch it would be all highlights and things and make it feal to people that this is a wicked and that they would make them join this because this is a cool website and fun to do things with

archmage wrote:

I would like to be a curator if possible.

#2398 2010-11-11 09:22:51

emilypie
Scratcher

heff wrote:

boo

what? i don't think that relates to being curator.  hmm

#2399 2010-11-11 11:59:35

Optimax-DJ
Scratcher

Here is another try (to get the message out  big_smile  ) on proposing to be a curator:

I would like to become a curator because:

1. I would pick projects of all types, music, platformer, animations, art, simulations, and all other general games.

2. I know A LOT of Unknown project creators (just look at my friends list) and I see several new projects each day.

3. I would search through the 'Show and Tell' Article on the Scratch Forums. I would also make a project called 'propose your best projects here' so scratchers can link their and other people's projects for me to explore.

4. With these 2 resources for projects, I will plan to add a new project every twelve hours, giving the picked project about 36 hours on the front page and give it a healthy boost of 300 views.

5. I have been on the scratch website about a year now and I have a good taste of projects ( not just os's  big_smile  ), and will also take into account how many good and deserving projects they have made which shows that they are a good scratcher.

6. I will only pick projects that have less than 100 views, and that have less than 20 love-its. I will however pick projects that are in a series and the predecessor has been curated before. I have seen A LOT of good projects and I knew how I felt when I first published my first OS. (Thanks LS97  big_smile )

7. I will favour and more likely curate projects that run well online (or at least run well online), and make sure that there is no offensive material in them (that's for you, kids), and that they will be exciting to all audiences (not 'Barbie Dress-Up).

8. I will be fair and give each project the same chance (unless it falls into the previous paragraph), regardless who made it. I will not however curate projects where the creator will likely to be mean to his commenters or just not say anything to them.

Those are some of the reasons why I think I should be a curator.

#2400 2010-11-11 12:26:33

Skywatcher
Scratcher

:3 I didn't know that you were a curator, Emilypie :3

Well, anyways, I would want to be a curator because I've always loved Scratch and never want to stop.

Also, I'm going to be a one-year member soon and it makes me proud.
So, I would want to become a curator to help this amazing web site.
I like those kind of projects that make you think and use your imagination, like those "Create a Dog" kind of projects.  tongue  Or something.
This also gives me a chance to see the many wonderful projects that some Scratchers have created.
Thanks

~Sky_Chan~

"I have jumped for a tree, jumped for a raven, jumped for a cougar. I shall jump for the sun!" ~Faolan~  ~Sky_Chan~/~Moon_Chan~

Board footer