This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2008-07-28 14:05:25

Bluestribute
Scratcher

Re: Thanks for a great Conference!

SonicPops wrote:

Bluestribute wrote:

chalkmarrow wrote:

lol. yeah you did. i was the one that showed you and myredneptune the scratchboard program where the moths on the screen moved to where the light sensor was held...

i guess next year we should have the option of putting our user names on the name tags as well as our RL names.

Woah. How could Sonicpops not remember that? I would love to see that, but I didn't go…

Read, Bluestribute, READ! I never knew it was chalkmarrow because I only saw his nametag!

AAAH! I don't even remember his/her gender! > sad

Lol  lol

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1204/bluestributett4.jpg
That's my PSN ID. I know tons of COD4 glitches. Add me as your friend. Oh, and get a headset

#27 2008-07-28 14:30:53

Jens
Scratcher

It was the coolest event I ever attended. Thank you so much, Scratch Team!

Did I just write something shorter than chalkmarrow?  wink

Jens Mönig

#28 2008-07-28 14:44:34

chalkmarrow
Scratcher

Jens wrote:

Ja.

#29 2008-07-28 18:03:12

georgygrrl
Scratcher

I agree, it was terrific! I learned so much, mostly from the kids, but a lot from the grown-ups, too! Looking forward to next year!

#30 2008-07-29 04:15:48

Asger
Scratcher

Great event, loved it. Only next year, let's do it in Europe. Boston and that whole area is rather hot for me in summer.

#31 2008-07-29 04:17:03

Bluestribute
Scratcher

Asger wrote:

Great event, loved it. Only next year, let's do it in Europe. Boston and that whole area is rather hot for me in summer.

I don't think they can (I would like it. Never left USA) because the lab is in Boston at the campus

That's my PSN ID. I know tons of COD4 glitches. Add me as your friend. Oh, and get a headset

#32 2008-07-29 04:45:08

SonicPops
Scratcher

Bluestribute wrote:

Asger wrote:

I don't think they can (I would like it. Never left USA) because the lab is in Boston at the campus

Nooo...apparently the actually might have the conference near London! Well...that's what I was told  smile

Which is good for me, because it's not long away.

smile  Go Crank. Inc!  smile
Not much to say  wink

#33 2008-07-29 04:47:02

Bluestribute
Scratcher

SonicPops wrote:

Bluestribute wrote:

Asger wrote:

Nooo...apparently the actually might have the conference near London! Well...that's what I was told  smile

Which is good for me, because it's not long away.

And good if I go, because I would leave the US

#34 2008-07-29 04:51:45

SonicPops
Scratcher

Meee! I found a picture of meeeeeeeeeeeee!
I am young  big_smile  MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

http://scratch.mit.edu/conference/video/photo/Pages/8.html

smile  Go Crank. Inc!  smile
Not much to say  wink

#35 2008-07-29 04:58:49

deatheater
Scratcher

I wanted 2 go 2 the conference but I'm in Australia and that's nearly the oppisite side of the world  sad

#36 2008-07-29 04:59:16

Bluestribute
Scratcher

deatheater wrote:

I wanted 2 go 2 the conference but I'm in Australia and that's nearly the oppisite side of the world  sad

Depend what direction your going  lol

#37 2008-07-29 05:01:44

deatheater
Scratcher

Bluestribute wrote:

deatheater wrote:

Depend what direction your going  lol

go north and u'll never get there, oh well,  sad

#38 2008-07-29 23:15:20

mletreat
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

Opps!  Posted that from the wrong account!  Well, it was from me (Paddle2See) - as you probably already know.  And Lanie - thanks for the good wishes!  I'm not leaving until tomorrow so I'l be around for the rest of today.

It was great meeting you too!! Such a great experience to see you in person and discuss ideas for the Scratch community - have a great trip!

#39 2008-07-29 23:16:30

mletreat
Scratcher

Jens wrote:

Thanks you too Jens! So glad you could join us!!

#40 2008-07-29 23:20:48

mletreat
Scratcher

chalkmarrow wrote:

I have to agree with Paddle2See; It was an amazing conference, and an amazing place. If you ever needed motivation for studying hard and getting good SAT scores while at the same time embracing the Liberal Arts, drop into the Media Lab and take a tour. Unlike where I went to school, where grad students cluster in dark corners of a brick building tabulating heat transfer coefficients, the Media Lab is a hive of talented people working in lego-lined regions separated only by transparent partitions, and where you may be called upon at any moment to demo your idea.

I also learned about a place called RISD, which also looks cool, and which apparently emphasizes making purple dinosaurs out of legos while reciting zen koans about simplicity and Swiss Army knives. I may have misunderstood that last part, however...

lol...I think your description of the Media lab is spot on...RISD however, I cannot be so sure  wink

Thanks for joining us - it was a pleasure meeting you in person! I am glad you came away from the conference with such a positive experience  smile

#41 2008-07-30 00:44:40

chalkmarrow
Scratcher

mletreat wrote:

chalkmarrow wrote:

I have to agree with Paddle2See; It was an amazing conference, and an amazing place. If you ever needed motivation for studying hard and getting good SAT scores while at the same time embracing the Liberal Arts, drop into the Media Lab and take a tour. Unlike where I went to school, where grad students cluster in dark corners of a brick building tabulating heat transfer coefficients, the Media Lab is a hive of talented people working in lego-lined regions separated only by transparent partitions, and where you may be called upon at any moment to demo your idea.

I also learned about a place called RISD, which also looks cool, and which apparently emphasizes making purple dinosaurs out of legos while reciting zen koans about simplicity and Swiss Army knives. I may have misunderstood that last part, however...

lol...I think your description of the Media lab is spot on...RISD however, I cannot be so sure  wink

Thanks for joining us - it was a pleasure meeting you in person! I am glad you came away from the conference with such a positive experience  smile

lol, mle, i was just being obtuse re RISD. it also looks like an extremely cool place to hang out (though with a slightly lower nerd coefficient than mit). i'm still trying to come up with a one-block version of scratch in response to john maeda's comments  smile
it was a pleasure meeting you and the team, which goes without saying...

#42 2008-08-04 09:05:07

maryannsccs
Scratcher

I also want to add my thanks for the work you all did to make this such an inspiring conference.  The organization was flawless, but flexible. The food was great.  I immediately felt like a part of a welcoming learning community.  I loved watching people during the break times. Collaboration everywhere.  Clearly using technology does not have to be an isolating experience.  I've been planning ways to encourage that same collaborative energy for my students this fall.  Look forward to next year's conference. Thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited by maryannsccs (2008-08-04 09:07:05)

#43 2008-08-10 16:16:11

Silverkey17
Scratcher

SonicPops wrote:

chalkmarrow wrote:

SonicPops wrote:

NOOOO! I didn't see you!  sad  I wanted to see you so badly!

lol. yeah you did. i was the one that showed you and myredneptune the scratchboard program where the moths on the screen moved to where the light sensor was held...

i guess next year we should have the option of putting our user names on the name tags as well as our RL names.

I have the memory of a goldfish...I remember, but I don't remeber what you look like...lol

Goldfishes actually have good memory  tongue

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Silverkey17/247065 enter today! remix and add bio!  big_smile

#44 2009-02-20 07:06:40

golfer3
Scratcher

lol i also think golffishes have good memory

#45 2009-02-20 21:53:23

bosox397
Scratcher

what can they remember? that they are gold?  tongue  it would stink if one was bronze

Dear Scratch Users,
I'm done with scratch, or at least making projects. I have made one last big game, thats both fun and teaches a lesson about water. It'd mean a lot if you gave me feedback.                              http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/bosox397/569201

Board footer