This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-10-29 17:34:27

lilacfuzz101
Scratcher

What Every New Scratcher Wants to know...

NewScratcher wrote:

How do I get famous??????

Many will try to get famous by making projects like the ones they see on the front page. But that doesn't always work. My advice to New Scratcher and anyone really:

Make projects that intrest YOU! For example: When i first joined i made a few "remix me!" projects and tried to start a contest. But then I made projects based on things I was interested in and they started getting more views- one even got curated!

Moral of the story: Be YOU! If you copy, you look just like everyone esle who copies.

Other tips: Design Studios help- it picks random projects to show on the front page and who knows? Yours might get up there!

Any other tip suggestions?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzqaicLrY01r5wdo7o1_500.gif

#2 2010-10-29 18:29:36

lilacfuzz101
Scratcher

Re: What Every New Scratcher Wants to know...

suggest other tips for new scratchers if you think of any  big_smile

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzqaicLrY01r5wdo7o1_500.gif

#3 2010-11-01 18:57:37

Arly
New Scratcher

NewScratcher wrote:

How do i get to add pictures and links????????

To add links you have to be a Scratcher not a NewScratchers, NewScratchers are not dumb, well say what will you do if your a NewScratcher?

NewScratch wrote:

If i was a NewScratcher I WILL BEAT UP THE WALL BY MY HEAD BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! ow!!!

Okay???????? that doesn't make sense make your choice??

#4 2010-11-01 21:16:40

Lonny
New Scratcher

So how I get famous answer pl0x

#5 2010-11-01 21:49:03

emilypie
Scratcher

Hmmm, I agree/disagree. At first, I made games. I was pretty much the average scratch programmer. They got HARDLY any views, and just weren't good enough to compete with ones like 08jackt's. I deleted all of my games (even though I LOVED making them) and saw people like Pokemaster12's stuff on the front page. She got TONS of views, so I taught myself to draw. Not as good, of course, but I did. I looked at the top remixed, and saw all of the contests and memes. I made my first contest which got 3 remixes, but then made another which got 3rd top remixed and was my first front paged project. i made more contests, each one got more views. then i started making memes. My first on, 'the art meme' got 150 remixes, 1st top remixed. now all my other memes are popular to, but not AS popular. i've been front paged 5 or 6 times. then i realized i loved drawing, so i still to it. the end.  smile

moral of THIS story: Do what interests you, but don't be afraid to try new things. You may just get famous for it, and love doing it.  wink

also, NEVER, EVER, EVER copy! that is something that will REALLY bring your reputation WAY down. plus, I own a group (that, ironically is famous) called the CCC, and if chu steal, we will hunt chu down! xD

and becoming infamous...well, it's pretty easy, i assume, but you'd get mean comments rather than good. no one wants that!

oh, and remember, new scratchers', being famous may not be all it's cracked up to be; there was a time when i was pretty famous. i got about 120 views per project then, you go through a rush of messages for a few days, until the racket of you posting a new project dies down, and you get about 100 messages per day. that's how i reached 5000 (i would now have 6021 if i didn't delete them). plus, there are front page trolls, who basically go around the front page--especially top viewed--and say mean things to you.

hmm, this post is getting kinda long...maybe i should just make a guide for how to get popular? i say popular, because you cannot make a guide for how to get famous. it has a lot to do with luck. popularity is a whole other story.  smile

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#6 2010-11-02 20:29:07

RocksAndFire
Scratcher

emilypie wrote:

Hmmm, I agree/disagree. At first, I made games. I was pretty much the average scratch programmer. They got HARDLY any views, and just weren't good enough to compete with ones like 08jackt's. I deleted all of my games (even though I LOVED making them) and saw people like Pokemaster12's stuff on the front page. She got TONS of views, so I taught myself to draw. Not as good, of course, but I did. I looked at the top remixed, and saw all of the contests and memes. I made my first contest which got 3 remixes, but then made another which got 3rd top remixed and was my first front paged project. i made more contests, each one got more views. then i started making memes. My first on, 'the art meme' got 150 remixes, 1st top remixed. now all my other memes are popular to, but not AS popular. i've been front paged 5 or 6 times. then i realized i loved drawing, so i still to it. the end.  smile

moral of THIS story: Do what interests you, but don't be afraid to try new things. You may just get famous for it, and love doing it.  wink

also, NEVER, EVER, EVER copy! that is something that will REALLY bring your reputation WAY down. plus, I own a group (that, ironically is famous) called the CCC, and if chu steal, we will hunt chu down! xD

and becoming infamous...well, it's pretty easy, i assume, but you'd get mean comments rather than good. no one wants that!

oh, and remember, new scratchers', being famous may not be all it's cracked up to be; there was a time when i was pretty famous. i got about 120 views per project then, you go through a rush of messages for a few days, until the racket of you posting a new project dies down, and you get about 100 messages per day. that's how i reached 5000 (i would now have 6021 if i didn't delete them). plus, there are front page trolls, who basically go around the front page--especially top viewed--and say mean things to you.

hmm, this post is getting kinda long...maybe i should just make a guide for how to get popular? i say popular, because you cannot make a guide for how to get famous. it has a lot to do with luck. popularity is a whole other story.  smile

Who is the CCC?
You not famous.

#7 2010-11-02 20:38:31

emilypie
Scratcher

RocksAndFire wrote:

emilypie wrote:

Who is the CCC?
Your not famous.

it kinda depends on your definition of 'famous'  tongue

Last edited by emilypie (2010-11-02 20:58:58)

#8 2010-11-02 21:35:17

lasc12
Scratcher

Arly wrote:

NewScratcher wrote:

How do i get to add pictures and links????????

To add links you have to be a Scratcher not a NewScratchers, NewScratchers are not dumb, well say what will you do if your a NewScratcher?

NewScratch wrote:

If i was a NewScratcher I WILL BEAT UP THE WALL BY MY HEAD BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! ow!!!

Okay???????? that doesn't make sense make your choice??

Anyone can add links. The rest of your post is impossible to understand.

Thus I have spoken.

#9 2010-12-23 02:49:00

guyman55
Scratcher

lilacfuzz101 wrote:

NewScratcher wrote:

How do I get famous??????

Many will try to get famous by making projects like the ones they see on the front page. But that doesn't always work. My advice to New Scratcher and anyone really:

Make projects that intrest YOU! For example: When i first joined i made a few "remix me!" projects and tried to start a contest. But then I made projects based on things I was interested in and they started getting more views- one even got curated!

Moral of the story: Be YOU! If you copy, you look just like everyone esle who copies.

Other tips: Design Studios help- it picks random projects to show on the front page and who knows? Yours might get up there!

Any other tip suggestions?

how to i be popular i always get liek one view no remixed to add yourself stuff i wanna be jsut like everyone they have like 100+ views 85 + remixes and sutff

#10 2010-12-23 03:57:05

mathematics
Scratcher

Rancho from 3 Idiots (movie) wrote:

Don't chase success, chase excellence. Success will follow!

big_smile

#11 2010-12-23 12:19:30

complex
Scratcher

There are 4 ways of getting famous:
Release lots of decent quality animations, = swifty2's method.
Release animations and design lots of characters, fads, worlds, etc Maki-Tak's method.
Extreme programming, Archmage and Recycle49's method.
Games, 08Jackt and RHY's method.

Oh and a 5th way, but I hope the boogymonster will eat you if you do it. Mass spamming.
That is JJROCKERS method, and I hope the boogymonster eats him.

Last edited by complex (2010-12-23 12:22:14)

#12 2010-12-23 12:44:06

BaronVonBlade
Scratcher

complex wrote:

Release animations and design lots of characters, fads, worlds, etc Maki-Tak's method.

Oh and a 5th way, but I hope the boogymonster will eat you if you do it. Mass spamming.

I completely disagree with you on all of those examples
Except for the JJrocker guy, I've never heard of him

Last edited by BaronVonBlade (2010-12-23 12:44:49)

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6055/imagevxqx.jpghttp://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6055/imagevxqx.jpg

#13 2010-12-23 16:08:38

emilypie
Scratcher

complex wrote:

There is also creating memes and coloring contests.
And drawing super well. = Pokemaster12, -Skystar-, and -Nightfire-'s method.  big_smile

#14 2010-12-23 17:35:22

ssss
Scratcher

Well Kay's famous!

Hey.  It's me SSSS, back from the dead!  smile

Board footer