This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-10-29 18:00:31

Hoiol
New Scratcher

Project doesent work the same way on-line than off-line

Hi everyone!

I just found out about Scratch a couple of days ago and was amazed. I started working on my own project immediately and today I thought I had it, but here is the thing: When I open the game in my computer using scratch it works perfect, then I upload it to the Scratch website and it doesn’t work the same way. Any clue why this might be happening?

This is the project I’m talking about: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Hoiol/1383145

Sorry for the Spanish introduction, just press “c” to start playing. I promise to make a bilingual version if I can figure out how to make it work properly!

Thank you all in advance!

#2 2010-10-29 18:04:42

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Re: Project doesent work the same way on-line than off-line

The Scratch program is written in Squeak, but the online player is written in Java - the Java player has to translate the Squeak stuff into Java. Some bugs occur, and Java functions a bit differently anyway. See the Scratch Wiki article on the Java Player!

Last edited by Jonathanpb (2010-10-29 18:05:53)

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#3 2010-10-29 18:17:25

Hoiol
New Scratcher

Thanks Jonathan for you super-fast response!

I understand. I’ve read the article and it says bugs are most likely to occur with complex applications involving long numbers, complex maths, etc. However mine is a very simple one (it’s my first try). I’ve tried to simplify the game as much as I know, but I’m still having issues… I've also tryed the experimental viwer... same thing...

Would anyone be so kind of taking a look at my code and give me some tips? I would really appreciate it!

#4 2010-10-29 22:55:05

Hoiol
New Scratcher

I managed to solve it!

I had to rewrite the whole gaming, uploadint every time I entered a new script to test if ti was working, but in the end it did!

Thank you for your help! and please check the game if you feel like it, any feedback is wellcome!

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Hoiol/1383691

Board footer