This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-10-28 21:13:09

Lord_fawful13
New Scratcher

tutorial request

can some one make a tutorial to make a <received broadcast>

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and leave the rest of the world wondering how the heck you did it.

#2 2010-10-28 21:28:43

bladezer
Scratcher

Re: tutorial request

If you mean 'when i receive ______' then right click on that block and click 'help'.

Basically whatever commands are attached to it happen only when the broadcast block is used in another script.

#3 2010-10-28 21:44:51

Lord_fawful13
New Scratcher

No. a boolen block that receives a broadcast

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and leave the rest of the world wondering how the heck you did it.

#4 2010-10-29 09:22:11

bladezer
Scratcher

Lord_fawful13 wrote:

No. a boolen block that receives a broadcast

Oh.

#5 2010-10-29 09:24:25

bladezer
Scratcher

Have this script:
[blocks]<when I receive[ something
<set{"continue"}to(1
[/blocks]
And here's the boolean:
[blocks]
<("continue"<=>1)>
[/blocks]

I hope that's what you wanted.

Last edited by bladezer (2010-10-30 02:10:34)

#6 2010-10-29 17:28:52

Lord_fawful13
New Scratcher

No, a [blocks]<received[  ]?> block

#7 2010-10-29 22:56:05

Lord_fawful13
New Scratcher

[block]<received[  ]?>[/block]

#8 2010-10-29 23:25:45

Umbreon101
Scratcher

i dont think there is a block like that yet. ive heard there'll probably be one in scratch 2.0, though. but there is a longer, more complecated way that involves a lot of work. take the "brodcast" block and the "change [] by ()" block. put "when flag clicked" all the other blocks, "brodcast ()" "change [] by (1)" "when i recive []" "if [] = (1)" then what u want it to do. and, no. i dont know how to do the blocks thing where u can get the blocks in a post. but there is no boolean "recive" block. hope this wasnt too confusing. i tend to confuse people when i start talking about scripts. im pretty sure this works, but i think there has to be a forever loop around the "if" block.

#9 2010-10-30 02:10:18

bladezer
Scratcher

Umbreon101 wrote:

i dont think there is a block like that yet. ive heard there'll probably be one in scratch 2.0, though. but there is a longer, more complecated way that involves a lot of work. take the "brodcast" block and the "change [] by ()" block. put "when flag clicked" all the other blocks, "brodcast ()" "change [] by (1)" "when i recive []" "if [] = (1)" then what u want it to do. and, no. i dont know how to do the blocks thing where u can get the blocks in a post. but there is no boolean "recive" block. hope this wasnt too confusing. i tend to confuse people when i start talking about scripts. im pretty sure this works, but i think there has to be a forever loop around the "if" block.

Yes, there isn't a received boolean but you can make one with what I had shown earlier.

#10 2010-10-31 10:00:58

Lord_fawful13
New Scratcher

bladezer wrote:

Umbreon101 wrote:

Yes, there isn't a received boolean but you can make one with what I had shown earlier.

Thats all well and good but it wont return the boolen to false if it doesn't reseve the broadcast

#11 2010-10-31 10:03:18

bladezer
Scratcher

Lord_fawful13 wrote:

bladezer wrote:

Umbreon101 wrote:

Thats all well and good but it wont return the boolen to false if it doesn't reseve the broadcast

Just have:
[blocks]<set{ "continue" }to(0[/blocks]
at the beginning of the script.

Last edited by bladezer (2010-10-31 10:04:43)

Board footer