This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#2226 2010-10-09 18:59:33

emilypie
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

deme72 wrote:

I would like to be a curator because I would like to see more games not just mostly (emphasis on mostly) fail animations on the front page.:cool

I think you meant to say  cool  instead of :cool i'm sorry, i just HAD to correct that. ^^;

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#2227 2010-10-09 19:57:12

alpaugh
Scratcher

sighn me up:)

#2228 2010-10-09 21:55:38

ethanco
Scratcher

I would like to become a Curator. I would choose games/media makers that I think show expectational coding and/or graphics. I have been on scratch for about a year.

Last edited by ethanco (2010-10-09 21:57:26)

#2229 2010-10-10 01:19:53

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

cheddargirl wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

When applying to be curator, it's good to give some thought to the kind of projects you'd like to show. "Cool projects that most people have never seen!" is a nice idea, but it doesn't really give us a good sense of what you like and why. We want to know what makes a project interesting to you.

Try viewing the projects in your favorites, and see if you can find a theme that describes them. Talk about that theme in your post, and consider providing a few links to good examples of that theme.

For example, I really like projects that use sound input from the microphone to draw interesting designs on the screen. Here's an example of one that I recently added to my favorites: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/MitFan/874786

Let's not forget this, everyone! Explaining what projects you want to choose helps the Scratch Team pick the curators.  smile

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#2230 2010-10-10 01:35:14

kayybee
Scratcher

alpaugh wrote:

sighn me up:)

I believe you mean sign me up.
If you would like to become curator, explain why! The scratch team will have a much easier time choosing.

#2231 2010-10-10 01:45:17

kayybee
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

To whom it may concern:
      I am interested in becoming a curator for the following reasons:
1. I would like to show interesting, good yet simple projects that I believe should be revealed to the world that currently are not.
2. I would like to make people feel better about their skills on Scratch by making some users get on the front page.
3. I think this is an interesting job and I am curious to receive a job on Scratch.
4. I would like to make new friends and discover projects more often.
I believe I am qualified enough to become a curator for the following reasons:
1. I think I am a very good Scratcher, nevertheless good at evaluating.
2. I can judge the quality of a project not just based on how much I like it, but how much the community would like it and compared to their Scratching skill.
3. Even though I am only 3 months old on Scratch, I have learned an awful lot of things. I learn quickly and I can easily catch onto the curatorship.
4. I can pick a diverse variety of projects and will always make sure there are different types of projects that I curate.
5. I am on Scratch every day and I was on Scratch everyday since I started, so I can view new projects every day.
6. I will not just pick games or art, I will also pick educational projects.
7. I will not just judge projects by how good they are, but how good they are compared to their level.

Thank you for reading this message for the Scratch Team. Please choose me as the next curator. Thank you and Scratch on!
                                                                        -kayybee   smile

To all of the people who want to be curator:

This is my speech, and I was chosen for curator several months later. If you would like to be curator, follow these tips:
1. Your speech or reasons do not have to be as long as mine, but you should make it longer than "I want to be curator"
2. I forgot to do this in mine, but you should include examples of what projects you might curate. Like cheddargirl said, it helps the scratch team choose.
3. Try to use correct grammar and spelling. Not only does it make it easier to read, but it makes a better impression on who you are.

#2232 2010-10-10 15:36:20

ldf11
Scratcher

May I be a curator? I have a good sense of awesomeness  big_smile  :cool

That is NOT how you spell Pinkie Pie.http://www.theotaku.com/guru_results/2946_pinkiepie.jpg

#2233 2010-10-10 17:46:24

emailstop
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Lots of Scratchers have told us they want to show their favorite projects on the Scratch homepage. So we created a new role called "Scratch curator."

You can find more information here:
http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Become_a_Scratch_Curator

If you'd like to become a curator, reply to this forum thread. Tell us the kind of projects you'd like to show, and why you want to show them. We'll choose curators that represent the diversity of the Scratch Community - girls, boys, gamers, storytellers, animators - Scratchers of all kinds! We especially like to choose Scratchers who have been helpful and contributing members of the Scratch community.

I WANT TO BECOME A SCRATCH CURATOR

#2234 2010-10-10 18:19:47

Rippedsoul
Scratcher

I would like to be a Scratch curator because:
I would like to see more good animations that have barely been viewed on the front page.
I would like to make the most out of being a curator and not just put my friends up trhere, I would actually put good animations, games, or whatever I thought were terrific and deserving.
I would make the best choices I can.
I would love to make less viewed good things viewed more, usually the GOOD games or animations barely get viewed.

Thanx!!  smile

#2235 2010-10-11 10:34:17

bananaman114
Scratcher

To whomever it may be a concern to,

I would like to be a curator. I have found many good... no... thats not the right word... AMAZING!!! Scratch  projects that are two old to be frount paged, and need more attention. I have found Rpgs, and and mild shooters that were amazing. But then, I found him. XplodingEggs. He makes great projects and has what, maybe, 7 views? So, the projects I would curate would be like his stuff. Oh yeah,...

If I were a curator, I would only pick my friends projects if they were curate-worthy.
Thanks. I hope you consider me as curator. Bye!

-bananaman114

the sun still shines

#2236 2010-10-11 12:51:43

XplodingEggs
Scratcher

bananaman114 wrote:

To whomever it may be a concern to,

I would like to be a curator. I have found many good... no... thats not the right word... AMAZING!!! Scratch  projects that are two old to be frount paged, and need more attention. I have found Rpgs, and and mild shooters that were amazing. But then, I found him. XplodingEggs. He makes great projects and has what, maybe, 7 views? So, the projects I would curate would be like his stuff. Oh yeah,...

If I were a curator, I would only pick my friends projects if they were curate-worthy.
Thanks. I hope you consider me as curator. Bye!

-bananaman114

Well, would you curate just my stuff? I don't think thats a very good idea... But yeah, thanks!

http://i54.tinypic.com/102kqr7.jpg

#2237 2010-10-11 21:03:21

soupoftomato
Scratcher

I want to be a Scratch Curator. I would choose games that you can tell had a lot of hard work and sweat put into them. Ones with a great feel of quality. If I got the position, I would showcase the projects that give a great impression about the abilities of our community, that even lesser known people can achieve. The type of projects I would pick, would be the ones you'd want as a first impression.

I would mainly be interested in showcasing games that are so addicting you start to pound your keyboard. One's you can enjoy over and over. I would also like to feature simulations. I am interested by how advanced they, and the fact I would never pull one off in a billion years. XD

I have been on Scratch for around 1 and a quarter years, and have developed a great love for it, and the community. I am generally well-known, and love to see projects I know were worked hard on.

Please consider making me curator.

Thanks,
Soup

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#2238 2010-10-12 14:51:33

mathieudell
Scratcher

Dear scracth,
i think the idea of being a curator is a grest way to show projects you personally think should get more views. it will also help new scratchers get an idea of good projects are.
please make me a curator because i love scratch!!!!!!!!
thanks
mattdell

#2239 2010-10-12 14:54:37

FlexiStudio
Scratcher

Hey Scratch Team!
I think being a Curator would be great! I have dozens of projects in mind and would cover a large variety of styles. Quite a few people know me and I really want to see the projects people have worked hard on - on the front page  big_smile

Last edited by FlexiStudio (2010-10-12 14:54:49)

Hey I'm back!-
FlexiStudio

#2240 2010-10-12 15:15:16

poopo
Scratcher

Hello!
I would love to be Curator and show the Scratch community some of my favorite projects.
Although veiws would play a small factor in my choosings, quality would be the biggest component in my choices.
Games would be my main focus, but occasionally an animation comes up that makes you laugh or you just plain enjoy. Good games engage you and no matter how frustated you get you want to keep going until you beat the whole game! My favorite type of game is platformers because you never no what the next level may hold.
I also enjoy projects where you can make something and then see it in action, such as this.
Thank you,
poopo

http://i45.tinypic.com/28rnqki.jpg

#2241 2010-10-13 07:17:21

08jackt
Scratcher

I know I've already applied like 50 gazzilion million trillion times, but since it's already been a few months, I've decided to give it one last go.

Hey. I would like to be a Curator because I know SOOOOOO many projects which deserve more views. Because I've been on the website so long, i have a reallyyyyy long list of ones I would like people to see. Quality Games, Animations and just really interesting projects are included in this list. I don't really know what else to write so I'll leave it at that.  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/jgtswi.png

#2242 2010-10-13 15:14:08

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Hmm - why was this thread un-stickied?

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#2243 2010-10-13 15:15:23

gettysburg11
Scratcher

Lucario621 wrote:

Interesting...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh184/mnacmilan/LOGO_ACMILAN-Splash.gif

#2244 2010-10-13 18:38:15

emilypie
Scratcher

08jackt wrote:

I know I've already applied like 50 gazzilion million trillion times, but since it's already been a few months, I've decided to give it one last go.

Hey. I would like to be a Curator because I know SOOOOOO many projects which deserve more views. Because I've been on the website so long, i have a reallyyyyy long list of ones I would like people to see. Quality Games, Animations and just really interesting projects are included in this list. I don't really know what else to write so I'll leave it at that.  smile

lightnin said we should include examples of the projects we would curate, why don't you do that and your 50 gazzilion million trillion and 1st try may be your last! xD

that's what i did, and now i'm going to be curator after whoever is after rulfflebee... wink

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#2245 2010-10-13 19:05:30

hdarken
Scratcher

Here's my speech:

Hi, I am intrested in becoming a curator for the Scratch homepage. I would curate game that include games / simulation / animation, rpg, scrolling, etc. I will find the projects that have not had many views and make the projects front paged. I really hope that you will pick me.

-hdarken  smile

http://i.imgur.com/VskBk.png
http://i.imgur.com/tgxVZ.jpg

#2246 2010-10-13 21:27:41

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Lucario621 wrote:

I figured it didn't need to be, as people will often be linking to it from the Curator page, and bumping it back up again when posting.

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#2247 2010-10-13 23:39:23

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Lucario621 wrote:

I figured it didn't need to be, as people will often be linking to it from the Curator page, and bumping it back up again when posting.

Aw, I preferred it when it was stickied...  tongue

Thanks for sticking it again!  big_smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#2248 2010-10-13 23:48:38

Chrischb
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Lucario621 wrote:

I was wondering...  tongue

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#2249 2010-10-14 22:12:42

ricflair
Scratcher

Now i know that i already said y i should b a curator so i wont waste 2 much time here. The reason  i should b a curator is because i'm sort of an all around guy when it comes 2 what i like and don't like. To make it more clear incase u didn't understand what i said i'll break it down: If you're looking 4 a good game i'm the guy tocurate 1, If you're looking 4 art i'm the guy 2 curate 1, if you're looking 4 simulation i'm the guy 2 curate 1, Music u might want? well i'm the guy, Finally something 2 just make u laugh u can definetly count on me! This is y i should b a curator  smile

#2250 2010-10-14 22:20:23

platform710
Scratcher

ricflair wrote:

Now i know that i already said y i should b a curator so i wont waste 2 much time here. The reason  i should b a curator is because i'm sort of an all around guy when it comes 2 what i like and don't like. To make it more clear incase u didn't understand what i said i'll break it down: If you're looking 4 a good game i'm the guy tocurate 1, If you're looking 4 art i'm the guy 2 curate 1, if you're looking 4 simulation i'm the guy 2 curate 1, Music u might want? well i'm the guy, Finally something 2 just make u laugh u can definetly count on me! This is y i should b a curator  smile

Hey! you posted!  big_smile

http://i54.tinypic.com/2wn8hnb.gif

Board footer