This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-10-08 11:15:24

CDscratcher79
New Scratcher

sprites not detecting other sprites

Basically my game is walls moving towards you and when they touch you you die. But, after a few walls Blinky from pacman appears and throws grenade sprites at pacman after a few seconds those blow up and create an explosion. that explosion appears for 0.4 seconds. When pacman is where the explosion will be and it explodes it doesnt respond to when touching explosion broadcast game over. I've tried everything. Please help!

#2 2010-10-08 14:49:49

Wolfie1996
Retired Community Moderator

Re: sprites not detecting other sprites

Hmm - would you mind uploading the project to the website, so that we can take a look at the scripts for you?  smile

"...Jargon - the practice of never calling a spade a spade, when you might instead call it a manual earth-restructing implement..." - Bill Bryson, Mother Tongue

#3 2010-10-09 16:33:14

Nexstudent
Scratcher

Wolfie1996 wrote:

Hmm - would you mind uploading the project to the website, so that we can take a look at the scripts for you?  smile

That would be very useful. I'll help as well.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9325/vedder.jpg

#4 2010-10-10 13:08:44

CDscratcher79
New Scratcher

Sorry for wasting your time, but I figured it out. However, I just ran into another problem. It's the same thing except with sprites shooting at another sprite. I'll upload it, but in order to see my problem you will need to get through the first five levels to reach this boss fight. Or, I guess you could download it. It will be called "Pacman Wall Dodger".

#5 2010-10-10 13:15:16

FlexiStudio
Scratcher

CDscratcher79 wrote:

Sorry for wasting your time, but I figured it out. However, I just ran into another problem. It's the same thing except with sprites shooting at another sprite. I'll upload it, but in order to see my problem you will need to get through the first five levels to reach this boss fight. Or, I guess you could download it. It will be called "Pacman Wall Dodger".

I'll take a look for you. What do you want to do? Make the sprites stop shooting at a certain sprite and make them shoot at a different one?  tongue

Hey I'm back!-
FlexiStudio

#6 2010-10-10 13:28:19

CDscratcher79
New Scratcher

Ok, here's how the boss fight works. When pacman collects cherrys he starts shooting lasers out of his eyes(another problem-just make sure thatyou collect the cherries before they reach 0 x). Then, a giant ghost glides to x:135 y:0 then starts a cycle of maving down, then up(using glide), and yes, I know the touchng sprite doesn't work during a glide. But, when the boss stops for 1 second, it still doesn't work. Basically when the laser hits the boss, I want the boss to lose 10 health, BUT make pacman keep shooting at the ghost until he is dead or game over. The problem is in order to make the laser look realistic I have to make it glide, stop where the boss is for 0.01 seconds then move again. Now during that 0.01 seconds I told it 'If touching sprite20(sprite that is shaped exactly like the boss but underneath, broadcast game over, and you know what that means, so yeah. That's my problem.

#7 2010-10-10 18:09:15

CDscratcher79
New Scratcher

Ok, I just posted it. It's the only level on my profile, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Also, if you want to, I'm trying to create a pacman game, and if you could help me with it... I'm pretty far into it and the code isn't too bad I think. It just has some glitches.

Board footer