This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2008-05-08 12:19:49

likegames
Scratcher

Re: Can't get to the conference?

my COUSIN lives in cambidge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand trinary, those who don't, and those who think this is the same old signature.
Three lines! (and base three!)

#27 2008-05-08 12:20:51

likegames
Scratcher

my cousin luives in cambridge

There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand trinary, those who don't, and those who think this is the same old signature.
Three lines! (and base three!)

#28 2008-07-13 03:39:10

occedhead
Scratcher

Perhaps you could set up a few satellite locations where scratch-ers can congregate and participate online (college campuses?).  Then at least they'd be able to network and share ideas.

#29 2008-07-15 15:35:48

newareagle
Scratcher

I think we should create a small live chatroom with the discussor, and we can comments on things they say. I know most of it is on phychiological and educational benefits of kids interacting and creating on scratch, so talking to the users themselves would help the visitors understand the complexity and social understructure of Scratch. If you see all the kids "quitting" and "cyber-bullying" the guests would most likely understand the normal pros and cons of Scratch, and what it has done to everyone who plays it.

My Guitar Hero Game.
8/9 Projects on the Front Page at Once!

#30 2008-07-24 17:45:55

Jackson_Computers
Scratcher

Hi, I was wondering if anyone at the Scratch conference would have a simple webcam so that they could stream one or two of the sessions via http://www.ustream.tv/channel  An announcement for the streamed session could be made on this forum as well as on your twitter account.  It would be one way to pull in your remote audience who could not attend live but would like to participate in some way.  Thanks very much. It looks like some you have some really interesting sessions.

#31 2008-07-24 22:07:19

Cyclone103
Scratcher

Jackson_Computers wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone at the Scratch conference would have a simple webcam so that they could stream one or two of the sessions via http://www.ustream.tv/channel  An announcement for the streamed session could be made on this forum as well as on your twitter account.  It would be one way to pull in your remote audience who could not attend live but would like to participate in some way.  Thanks very much. It looks like some you have some really interesting sessions.

I have a webcam, so a fun idea might be to have several laptops set up, from which users can view, and act as though they are actually there. Or at least, floating heads trapped in computers. I would participate for sure  tongue 

If anyone sets this up, please alert me and direct me over to the correct sites for webcam participating.

All your base are belong to us

#32 2008-07-24 22:13:39

Bluestribute
Scratcher

Cyclone103 wrote:

Jackson_Computers wrote:

I have a webcam, so a fun idea might be to have several laptops set up, from which users can view, and act as though they are actually there. Or at least, floating heads trapped in computers. I would participate for sure  tongue 

If anyone sets this up, please alert me and direct me over to the correct sites for webcam participating.

I got a webcam (well, iSight) too. Though it depends what presentation it would be for, because I don't really care what other educators do to it, as long as it doesn't concern wrecking Scratch

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1204/bluestributett4.jpg
That's my PSN ID. I know tons of COD4 glitches. Add me as your friend. Oh, and get a headset

#33 2008-07-24 22:15:21

Cyclone103
Scratcher

Um, what? Do you mean "I don't want to see the educational part unless it involves squeak hacking"? I would be glad just to get to sorta meet the ppl I have been talking to for about 4 months now, including you. I would love to meet you!

#34 2008-07-24 22:16:59

Bluestribute
Scratcher

Cyclone103 wrote:

Um, what? Do you mean "I don't want to see the educational part unless it involves squeak hacking"? I would be glad just to get to sorta meet the ppl I have been talking to for about 4 months now, including you. I would love to meet you!

I would probably watch squeak hacking tutorials… and yeah, it would be kinda cool to SEE everyone on Scratch, as you would be a floating head and shoulders on a screen  tongue

That's my PSN ID. I know tons of COD4 glitches. Add me as your friend. Oh, and get a headset

#35 2008-07-24 22:20:08

Cyclone103
Scratcher

Bluestribute wrote:

Cyclone103 wrote:

I would probably watch squeak hacking tutorials… and yeah, it would be kinda cool to SEE everyone on Scratch, as you would be a floating head and shoulders on a screen  tongue

I REALLY want to go, even if just to meet people. And doing it for free on your computer screen, while appearing as a head and shoulders? Just an added bonus!

#36 2008-07-24 22:20:54

Bluestribute
Scratcher

Cyclone103 wrote:

Bluestribute wrote:

Cyclone103 wrote:

I REALLY want to go, even if just to meet people. And doing it for free on your computer screen, while appearing as a head and shoulders? Just an added bonus!

Well, I guess it would be kinda cool. I guess inform me if this happens too, and I will see what I can do to appear  tongue !

#37 2008-07-25 09:00:58

Bluestribute
Scratcher

Jackson_Computers wrote:

I posted this message in a different section, but thought that I would post it here as well.   It is possible to stream a session if someone has a webcam.  If a webcam is not available, it is also possible to use ustream to stream only the audio.  If you set up an account (takes a few minutes) and twitter the link and post it here perhaps others who have an interest will connect.  The quality is very good. I've connected with many remote sessions this way. http://www.ustream.tv/  There is no charge for ustream. You have the option of recording the session.

See, the webcam idea is a good idea (obviouslyy. Look above), but just broadcasting videos (what the other suggestion sounds like) is already happening using qix. They have everything in the topic below this.

#38 2008-07-28 12:38:06

thebeatleslovr
Scratcher

wow, i dont have a web cam, but i would love to watch it!! omg i wanna go so bad!! please tell me anyone where id go to see it, and if its happening!

Im probaly drawing manga or reading manga..... don't interupt my fun while it lasts! XD

#39 2008-07-28 13:00:08

SonicPops
Scratcher

thebeatleslovr wrote:

wow, i dont have a web cam, but i would love to watch it!! omg i wanna go so bad!! please tell me anyone where id go to see it, and if its happening!

Sadly it has ended  sad

smile  Go Crank. Inc!  smile
Not much to say  wink

Board footer