This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-05-01 12:07:49

loiskertesz
Scratcher

Help - questions about sharing

I uploaded 2 projects hoping to link my webpage to them so my students could see the project.
I forgot that they can down load the finished project - eek!!

1.  how can I take the projects off your site?
2.  Just for my information, How would I link to the shared projects.  I tried using the info on the website but it did not work.

LK

#2 2007-05-01 12:59:11

kevin_karplus
Scratcher

Re: Help - questions about sharing

Try reading the thread at
http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=127

I finally got embedding to work on my web pages (except for the residual bugs in the Java interpreter of scratch programs---my web pages only work as well as the ones on scratch.mit.edu).

#3 2007-05-01 14:19:42

loiskertesz
Scratcher

ok - i figured out how to remove the projects.  Is there anyway to put them on this server but prevent the code from being downloaded?

#4 2007-05-02 16:48:22

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Currently there is no way to prevent people to download the code. This is a feature not a bug though. We want to encourage sharing (some people call it copying :-) We believe that sharing is an important part of building and learning. Also, in professional software development, very often things are built from zero. Scratch itself is based on Squeak, this website uses PHP, MySQL and some other pre-made applications that we just copied.

However, if enough people are interested in hiding code we might reconsider this. We are all about getting input from you, the community.

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

Board footer