This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#2176 2010-09-28 03:57:14

iCode-747
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Gettys is curator. Congrats.  big_smile

-End Transmission-

#2177 2010-09-28 05:54:20

harsh183
Scratcher

I would Like to be a curator for two days. big_smile

#2178 2010-09-28 06:19:58

Thugs4less
Scratcher

Awesome, I would love to be a curator. I have explored scratch online for ages looking for really good games and I have seen so many that are awesome with only twelve or thirteen views and a few love-its! I believe that these scratchers have spent extreme periods of time working on these and I believe that they need to be somehow recognised for their effort and creativity.
I know scratch isn't a competition to see who can have the most love-its or views but good scratchers must at least be rewarded some way or another.
As a curator I would spend ages tracking down good projects (not necessarily with a small amount of views, but I will try stick to projects with less than 100 views) and try get them approved. I will try stick to the topic of sport, I will look for projects that are the actual sport made into a project but if the subject is to narrow I will be happy to change to something more vast like quizes, reinvented games, gameshows, virtual tours (like paddle2see's project), etc.

I think this curator idea is great so please consider me.

Last edited by Thugs4less (2010-09-29 21:19:49)

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.  tongue   cool

#2179 2010-09-28 13:49:14

pickle123
Scratcher

DawnLight wrote:

fullmoon wrote:

This is a great idea! I'd love to be a curator!

Me too! Since I have joined scratch I have always wanted to play a major role of the scratch community in some way.Scratch is my favorite thing to do 100%. This is like one of my dreams come true If I get to become a curator. I hope I become one! big_smile

same here! i would love to become a curator, is there an age i have to be? If i Can't be a curator somone else please curate this.  smile

#2180 2010-09-28 15:21:06

Caramellstar51
Scratcher

I would like to be the curator because a lot of people have great projects and work hard on them, but no one watches them. I would like to help these scratchers (maybe even including me) by posting their projects as curator, and showing their skill to the comunity.  smile

Why so BRITISH?

#2181 2010-09-28 15:39:40

lilacfuzz101
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

emilypie wrote:

lilacfuzz101 wrote:

Some examples: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/johndo77/1268894 really great choices game
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/PacMan3/1273798 Dot Game by PacMan3- i tried to get this featured!
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/HelenWonky/1116484 awesome game based on the big bang theory!

i notice that you said you would curate games without many views, your first example, however, have over 100 views.  hmm

I think it is the quality she is pointing out.

yes. exacly.  smile

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzqaicLrY01r5wdo7o1_500.gif

#2182 2010-09-28 15:49:44

moocow98
Scratcher

lilacfuzz101 wrote:

a good deal of projects that get on the front page these days... seem to have minimal programming... press space to see art

i  agree.. i realize that I have posted some projects like this, but my focus is improving my programming skills. I've noticed that scratch seems to havesplit into a few "communities" of people:
-the artists
-the gamers/programmers/advanced programmers(OS's, etc.)
-and the people who seem to post random projects with no point- i.e. squidward falls while i play unfitting music.

The people from each area seem to know each other and talk to each other- I am part of the artists and the programmers,so if i were curator, I would try to honor people who cared about scratch- both the programmers and the artists, because I think those are both legitimate uses of scratch, but careless stuff isn't.

MOOCOW'S PAGE!! The weasley twins' epic quotes! "You'd know all about that, wouldn't you, Mad-Eye?... Just tryin' to diffuse the tennnsion."
*balances fork in ear, picks up coffee mug.* 'Morrrnin."

#2183 2010-09-28 18:39:22

Themaster11
Scratcher

I would awesomely love to be I curator I think about it all the time

#2184 2010-09-28 19:44:27

ricflair
Scratcher

i would want to become a curator because if there is an awesome game that deserves more views or attention then i'll select it. another reason is because i'm not going to favor me or my friends ( unless their project was really good but i will never put mine on the front page.) and that is why i should become a curator

-ricflair

#2185 2010-09-28 19:46:09

emilypie
Scratcher

ricflair wrote:

i would want to become a curator because if there is an awesome game that deserves more views or attention then i'll select it. another reason is because i'm not going to favor me or my friends ( unless their project was really good but i will never put mine on the front page.) and that is why i should become a curator

-ricflair

how about saying what kinds of projects you would like to curate? like animations, games, art, etc.

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#2186 2010-09-30 13:01:54

happypickle
Scratcher

i would like to show projects that dont have many views so other people can be happy

now pay attention i can only kill each of you once   cool

#2187 2010-09-30 14:14:52

TheGuyWithTheFace
Scratcher

well, I've already asked several times, and for all I know, you may have said yes, but I got locked out of my email, and wouldn't have known. I just made a new email, so now I'll know for sure. In the past I've said I wanted to be curator so I could recommend their underviewed projects. Now i realize, it's not about that. Its about EVERYONE who deserves a bunch of good comments and views. If I get selected, I'll Post a blank project just for people who want to comment on what they want to be curated. I won't just do ones by people I know, but by anyone with a good project with under 10 views per week, whether it's an art, music, animation, game, stimulation, or story project. I'm on every day, so every day i'd add one more project. thats 14 projects for 2 weeks, and each one would be on for 3 days.

Thanks for considering me!

#2188 2010-09-30 21:13:53

Davyrox
Scratcher

If I could be a curator, I would select the projects that slip under the radar, yet are very well done. They get a relatively small amount of views, but tons of love its, and are never seen again. Since I'm on almost every day, I could easily credit the genius's behind these underrated projects.  big_smile

#2189 2010-09-30 21:51:58

RocksAndFire
Scratcher

I would love to be a scratch curator! I know how everyone says "I want to pick projects that need more views" As their only reason. I think you should pick me because
1. I have been on scratch for over a year
2. Before I would curate anything, I will look at the code
3. I am not too incredibly biased, but of course I won't curate the random meme or anything like that

My interests are
1. Games
2. Simulations
3. Anything with good programming
4. Good graphics.
I won't curate anything that doesn't do anything, of course.

I hope you will consider me!

#2190 2010-10-01 00:59:14

throughthefire
Scratcher

I would like to be a Curator! I would Curate any game that has one or more of the following things:
1: Great Gameplay
2: Good idea/story
3: Good Graphics (they don't have to be the best, though)
4: Games that have a lot of potential, but still need some help in realizing that potential

Please consider me for a Curator, because I have been a scratcher for over a year, and I have experience choosing good projects, because I do that every week for my Scratch podcast!

Back. For now. Maybe.

#2191 2010-10-01 06:20:59

nasami
Scratcher

I want to be curator to show those projects that doesn't have a long and hard scrips , just projects that have a innovative idea and simple script with high output. but I want to be curator  after SUMMER because I'm so busy now!

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. Albert Einstein

#2192 2010-10-01 10:33:01

werdna123
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator because I know the sort of projects people like, and I'd choose one which isn't too well known. I'd usually choose projects that are scrollers, platformers, mazes etc, but I'd also choose projects which aren't the same as any old project, for example, if you remember the one level maze. It wasn't just a maze, it had all sorts of fun features! But I wouldn't just choose a random project with few views, I'd choose one which actually made you want to keep playing!                                     

Thanks for reading  smile

#2193 2010-10-01 10:44:42

Willig
Scratcher

i would like to become curator because i have seen some truly fantastic projects that don't get nearly enough views and deserve it! I have no specific interests in projects however I am rather precise when it comes to effort. Thankyou for listening <move( a )steps> into the future of scratch

I am Willig! Nuff said!

#2194 2010-10-01 13:07:44

OldWheezerGeezer
Scratcher

I would like to be curator because I have seen many great projects that don't have a lot of views. My goal would be to help those scratchers get more view on their projects. My main focus is on fun and funny animations and games. Thanks, and Scratch On!  smile

#2195 2010-10-01 16:24:37

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Lightnin wrote:

When applying to be curator, it's good to give some thought to the kind of projects you'd like to show. "Cool projects that most people have never seen!" is a nice idea, but it doesn't really give us a good sense of what you like and why. We want to know what makes a project interesting to you.

Try viewing the projects in your favorites, and see if you can find a theme that describes them. Talk about that theme in your post, and consider providing a few links to good examples of that theme.

For example, I really like projects that use sound input from the microphone to draw interesting designs on the screen. Here's an example of one that I recently added to my favorites: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/MitFan/874786

Let's not forget this, everyone! Explaining what projects you want to choose helps the Scratch Team pick the curators.  smile

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#2196 2010-10-01 20:32:23

zorket
Scratcher

Repeat: I would curate projects that do not have 10 remixes or loveits or favorites. I would curate projects with good music and secrets, and doesn't have one thing off the line, exept for attention.

Marzipan11 must learn to not spoil

#2197 2010-10-02 05:21:12

VelosiStar237
Scratcher

Id like to be on as I love making ARTY MATHY projects! I love scratch and would be a great curator if possible!!!

#2198 2010-10-02 16:45:03

Nitezscratch
Scratcher

I wouldn't mind being a curator I suppose.  My viewers say I have some of the best games on Scratch, and I would certainly like to help bring games back to the homepage.  Good games that is...

http://nitezproductions.com/box.pnghttp://nitezproductions.com/sig.gifhttp://nitezproductions.com/box.png

#2199 2010-10-03 17:21:22

demango
Scratcher

Could I please be a curator? I love art projects, games, and musical projects.

http://i55.tinypic.com/302phc8.gif

#2200 2010-10-03 22:19:17

ScatteredDreams
Scratcher

I wish to be curator because I like showing the talents of others. I specifically show appropriate art that others did well, projects experimenting with physics, and enjoyable, well programmed games.

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/1596703&amp;trans=1.jpg
This is Erika! She looks SO much like me. She is my favorite pet on Chicken Smoothie, and she's ALL mine!

Board footer