This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-09-20 20:40:16

tchan5158
New Scratcher

New and relieved to find this :D

Hi!  My cousin in highschool told me that they were using Scratch to make stuff.  I didnt what what it was, so I tried it....and WOW it looks great!

Finally a language I might have a chance to use to complete a game.  I've been trying these past years with different languages and in-game mods and free game creators, but so far I just couldn't get past the technical difficulties.

I'm more of an artist than a programmer, and I really hope this program can help me make my dream game(s)!   big_smile

-Tommy

#2 2010-09-20 20:48:27

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Re: New and relieved to find this :D

Welcome to Scratch! Glad to see you like it so far  smile

Should you ever need any help whatsoever with the Scratch Program, or are maybe stuck creating a game, please feel free to ask in the All About Scratch forum... There are so many great people there and I wouldn't be half as incredible (modest, I know) as I am today without the help of some of the awesome Scratchers in that forum.

But maybe that's just me... Whether or not you choose to ask for assistance is up to you - the point is, have fun and enjoy Scratch!  big_smile

#3 2010-09-21 01:17:27

Chrischb
Scratcher

Welcome!  smile  For further help, you could also try viewing the Scratch Wiki - it's not entirely for programming help, but it does explain a lot.  big_smile

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#4 2010-09-21 01:35:08

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

tchan5158 wrote:

Hi!  My cousin in highschool told me that they were using Scratch to make stuff.  I didnt what what it was, so I tried it....and WOW it looks great!

Finally a language I might have a chance to use to complete a game.  I've been trying these past years with different languages and in-game mods and free game creators, but so far I just couldn't get past the technical difficulties.

I'm more of an artist than a programmer, and I really hope this program can help me make my dream game(s)!   big_smile

-Tommy

Hey tchan5158, welcome to the Scratch Forums! Glad to hear that you're getting the hang of coding in Scratch! Good luck with your dream game!  smile

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#5 2010-09-26 16:41:59

FlexiStudio
Scratcher

tchan5158 wrote:

-Tommy

Daja Vu  tongue  Same happened with me. I was using more complicated game creators with the proper coding and stuff. I got the hang of it and I still code games for the internet (Txt Based games ie; mafia) but, my bro introduced me to scratch and it cuts game making into the half the speed. And the website you can upload it to is just the icing on the cake  cool

Hey I'm back!-
FlexiStudio

Board footer