This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-08-24 06:36:14

idkdude
Scratcher

I have no friends :(

Hi. I'm not really a new scratcher anymore, but I feel new to the community still  sad .  I add everybody whose projects I really really like, but I'd like to follow the projects of more scratchers AND have more scratchers follow my projects.

Just take a look at some of my projects to see what I'm about, and please add me as a friend if my projects interest you  smile ! I'm also looking for some people whose projects can teach me a thing or two about scratch.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh43/smuthered/sigg-1.jpg

#2 2010-08-24 06:39:29

helltank
Scratcher

Re: I have no friends :(

Actually, all you have to do is visit people's profile page and click add as friend. You will be able to view their latest projects! Oh, and I can teach you all about Scratch... although I joined later XD

Error:Signature could not load. Please wait for an indefinite amount of time, until you realize you're gullible and go off to look for another potentially interesting signature to stare at.

#3 2010-08-24 17:25:42

idkdude
Scratcher

Haha I know, but I only have a few friends so far  sad

I'm just looking for more with this thread :S

#4 2010-08-29 17:57:34

Ravenshade
New Scratcher

Ello! I am Ravenshade of Riverclan! Sorry if im intruding, but i saw your post, and, well... i want to be friends!

#5 2010-08-29 21:48:12

Jwosty
Scratcher

Ravenshade wrote:

Ello! I am Ravenshade of Riverclan! Sorry if im intruding, but i saw your post, and, well... i want to be friends!

Eh, I don't think you're intruding.  tongue

http://i39.tinypic.com/18ert5.png Google it.  smile

#6 2010-08-29 21:50:09

Jwosty
Scratcher

idkdude wrote:

Hi. I'm not really a new scratcher anymore, but I feel new to the community still  sad .  I add everybody whose projects I really really like, but I'd like to follow the projects of more scratchers AND have more scratchers follow my projects.

Just take a look at some of my projects to see what I'm about, and please add me as a friend if my projects interest you  smile ! I'm also looking for some people whose projects can teach me a thing or two about scratch.

Here's a suggestion:

Try talking with the people a LOT and complimenting them for a while. Then, if you think they seem to, like you, than add them! It works for me...  smile

Also: I can't really look at your projects on this computer, but I bet they are really cool!

http://i39.tinypic.com/18ert5.png Google it.  smile

#7 2010-08-30 01:16:31

Chrischb
Scratcher

idkdude wrote:

It's always like that at first, but don't worry - there are many ways to fix that!  big_smile

For example, you could use the Text-based games forum (this worked great for me  big_smile ), make friends in the Miscellaneous forum, or if it suits you try the Scratch Wikismile

You can also try commenting on projects that are similar to yours; the user who shared the project likely will have similar interests. If you find you're having a friendly discussion, keep it going - you may soon have a new friend!  smile

None of these methods can be guaranteed to work, but I'm sure you'll have a bunch of friends someday. ;D

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#8 2010-08-30 02:08:33

idkdude
Scratcher

Chrischb wrote:

idkdude wrote:

It's always like that at first, but don't worry - there are many ways to fix that!  big_smile

For example, you could use the Text-based games forum (this worked great for me  big_smile ), make friends in the Miscellaneous forum, or if it suits you try the Scratch Wikismile

You can also try commenting on projects that are similar to yours; the user who shared the project likely will have similar interests. If you find you're having a friendly discussion, keep it going - you may soon have a new friend!  smile

None of these methods can be guaranteed to work, but I'm sure you'll have a bunch of friends someday. ;D

Haha yeah, I try to leave really detailed advice to show people I care about the community, but it hasn't worked yet  hmm ... I also think that complimenting games is important: I try to look through lots of random, under-appreciated Scratchers' games and leave nice comments.  Maybe I just have to wait longer.

Go ahead and add me if you're interested  tongue

#9 2010-09-04 16:33:52

FlexiStudio
Scratcher

I thought I was all alone at the start, but see what has happend? loads of people want to help you out! You will make more friends in time so ther is nothing to worry about!  smile

Hey I'm back!-
FlexiStudio

#10 2010-09-14 19:49:49

Jrocket97
Scratcher

I was alone in the beginning. Just recently people are noticing who I am.

#11 2010-09-15 18:25:22

greggypetty
New Scratcher

If you want, you can add me as a friend, though I have no projects.  I liked the Rainbow one!

#12 2010-09-15 18:56:49

undercovergeek
Scratcher

Add me! LOL I add any random person on Scratch  big_smile  JKS! But I DO have a decent amount of friends
~undercovergeek

Writer for The Scoop
All you need to know, when you need to know...

Board footer