This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-08-25 03:54:45

supermassive
New Scratcher

Hi!

Hello, I'm supermassive and I'm new to Scratch. Some dude called helltank introduced me... I was getting tired of 4Chan and its irritating spammers. Helltank told me nobody swears, spams, trolls or flames here. Is this true? Sounds nice!  big_smile 

Regards,
-Supermassive

#2 2010-08-25 04:07:00

Chrischb
Scratcher

Re: Hi!

Welcome, suppermassive!  smile  Have a great time here; there's a lot to do.
Unfortunately, there are some cases of the problems you mentioned above - but don't worry! They're rare, and with a click of the report button and some text the moderators will fix it for you.  wink

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#3 2010-08-25 04:23:35

iCode-747
Scratcher

Welcome, supermassive!

Nice username.  smile

Mostly what you've said is true. We're a pretty clean community, and as Chris said, if you find something that may be inappropriate for the rest of the community, just click the report button.  big_smile

-End Transmission-

#4 2010-08-25 05:22:39

supermassive
New Scratcher

Well, I've been exploring the forums a little, and I'm surprised at the maturity of the users! How DO the moderators do it? Anyway, I saw some people saying that they wanted to "close" a thread(or as you call it here, topic). But I don't see any "close" button. What does it do anyway? Sorry if I'm a noob.

Regards,
Supermassive

PS:@icode-747:I got inspired by the Muse song that was playing on my fav book series' movie, Twilight. The song is Supermassive Black Hole  tongue

#5 2010-08-25 05:24:28

calebxy
Scratcher

Only moderators or the Scratch Team can close threads.  smile

I'm making my own Doctor Who series!  big_smile  See the first episode here.
And please join Story Zone!  big_smile

#6 2010-08-25 05:39:39

helltank
Scratcher

Maybe he means reporting a post to request closure? Anyway, hi supermassive, good to see you.

PS:Close means a thread that you can't post in anymore. I'll tell you more at school.

Error:Signature could not load. Please wait for an indefinite amount of time, until you realize you're gullible and go off to look for another potentially interesting signature to stare at.

#7 2010-08-25 11:56:14

gettysburg11
Scratcher

supermassive wrote:

Well, I've been exploring the forums a little, and I'm surprised at the maturity of the users! How DO the moderators do it? Anyway, I saw some people saying that they wanted to "close" a thread(or as you call it here, topic). But I don't see any "close" button. What does it do anyway? Sorry if I'm a noob.

Regards,
Supermassive

PS:@icode-747:I got inspired by the Muse song that was playing on my fav book series' movie, Twilight. The song is Supermassive Black Hole  tongue

Welcome!

And only moderators and admin can close threads, but users can report them so mods and admin can see that the original poster wants it closed and can close it faster.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh184/mnacmilan/LOGO_ACMILAN-Splash.gif

#8 2010-08-25 18:53:00

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

supermassive wrote:

Regards,
Supermassive

XD, we don't. The Scratch community is generally friendly and willing to help each other out. Like Chrischb mentioned before, the forums are not totally swear/spam/troll/flame proof (there have been a few cases here and there), but us mods and the Scratch Team work together to quickly find a solution to the situation, drawing on understanding and reflection of Scratch community values.  smile

As others mentioned before, no close button, and only mods can close topics (which is why you sometimes see some people asking for topics to be closed). But the report button tends to be faster.  smile

Welcome to the Scratch Forums, supermassive!  smile

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#9 2010-08-25 19:27:57

samurai768
Scratcher

supermassive wrote:

Regards,
Supermassive

OMG my mom loves that song! She sings it all the time.

Welcome to Scratch!

#10 2010-08-25 21:17:35

rufflebee
Scratcher

Welcome to Scratch! If you have any questions about it, you can ask them in the All About Scratch forum. Or I guess you could ask Helltank XD
Like others said, the community here is nice, mainly. If you ever come across something here that violates Scratch's Terms of use, you can report it so a mod can check it out.

http://i44.tinypic.com/34e9cab.png

#11 2010-08-26 03:08:54

supermassive
New Scratcher

Wow! I didn't know so many ppl would come to this thread 0_0. Anyways, helltank told me everything. Me, him and ohmygawd are now working on a complicated game that involves ACTUAL SCROLLING! I'm so excited.

#12 2010-08-26 03:09:44

helltank
Scratcher

Now, now, supermassive, don't reveal too much!  wink  We want it to be a surprise, remember?

Error:Signature could not load. Please wait for an indefinite amount of time, until you realize you're gullible and go off to look for another potentially interesting signature to stare at.

#13 2010-08-26 09:39:35

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

Board footer