This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-12-03 11:38:37

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Projects depicting school violence

This kind of projects are immediately censored by the Scratch Administrators when they come to our attention. However, we are wondering if this enough and if not what other actions we should take. Given that most of the times we do not even have an email address of the creator seems like very little can be done, but we were wondering if educators familiar with formal learning environments have better ideas.

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#2 2007-12-04 19:19:54

mickchang
Scratcher

Re: Projects depicting school violence

I think you are doing all you can.  I'm having my class upload their project using 1 class login so we see all the projects together.  I'll admit there are some borderline projects where I've let students do a shoot'em up game or having bikini clad models, which is no worse than game rated "T", or "E".  But I don't object to Scratch admin holding to a tighter standard, and we can certainly abide by the Scratch terms of agreement.

Again thanks for all you do.  Our students love Scratch!

#3 2008-07-03 16:25:05

ninjax224
Scratcher

Re: Projects depicting school violence

Well, You Really have to determine if it actually depicts school violence, before you flag it. I think the scratch admin are doing a very good job of blocking projects, it would be time consuming to the fullest extent to do any better.

Board footer