This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-07-23 19:22:27

LalyCardozo
New Scratcher

Sensors in general

Hello I'm a new user of Scratch. I have to do a research about Scratch for my university. In my class, Teachers are developing a robot called Butia. This one is like a base for the XO Laptop. In this base there are integrated some buttons, sensors, motors and a pair of wheels. I read about PicoBoar. I want to know, Is there some library or something like that to use any king of sensors with Scrath? We have to develop a program in order to children can use the robot through Scrath. They have to program using like pieces and this ones are going to send orders to the robot. I want to do homework by my self, only I would like some information about how to "conect" other sensors through Scratch

Thank you!  smile 

Laly.

#2 2010-07-23 22:16:48

ScratchReallyROCKS
Scratcher

Re: Sensors in general

LalyCardozo wrote:

Hello I'm a new user of Scratch. I have to do a research about Scratch for my university. In my class, Teachers are developing a robot called Butia. This one is like a base for the XO Laptop. In this base there are integrated some buttons, sensors, motors and a pair of wheels. I read about PicoBoar. I want to know, Is there some library or something like that to use any king of sensors with Scrath? We have to develop a program in order to children can use the robot through Scrath. They have to program using like pieces and this ones are going to send orders to the robot. I want to do homework by my self, only I would like some information about how to "conect" other sensors through Scratch

Thank you!  smile 

Laly.

No. Sorry, Scratch is intended to be simple so they didn't include any libraries into it. If you really want to, you could look into the Source Code to see what you could do. There are some pretty experienced programmers in the Advanced Topics forum that could help you with this if you really want to take a step into the inner workings of Scratch.

I hope this helps  smile

Last edited by ScratchReallyROCKS (2010-07-23 22:17:07)

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/3806/sigmad.png

#3 2010-07-29 11:35:52

BeccaLLins
New Scratcher

This is good online education for children who are learning new languages, and creating their own animations by using their imaginations than staying outside playing with other kids the whole. Aside from socializing with other peers they are also have the right to learn many things and this is what Scratch will be teaching them.

#4 2010-08-03 21:38:37

mgaines
New Scratcher

Sorry newbie here, So is scratch a stand alone platform that can only be used here?

Board footer