This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1951 2010-07-31 19:45:22

star-flight
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

i would like to be a curator beacuase i know alot of people who would like to have one of their projects on the front page. many people have never been on the front page and i think he or she makes very good projects.

#1952 2010-07-31 21:23:55

emilypie
Scratcher

I would like to be curator, because I really think that there are good projects out there, that need more views. If I were curator, I would chose projects, not too complex, but also, not too simple. I already have the projects i will be curating for one week of my curator shift planned out. I would hate for all that planning to go to waste.

I will try to curate 3 projects per 24hrs. I know, it sounds like very little, but i want each project to have around the same amount of time to be in the spotlight, so that means 8hrs per project, and then I can sleep, too.  big_smile  And, come on, that's 42 projects in all!...I think, hehe, I never get good grades in math.  roll

Anyway, I will curate ALL different genres of projects (1s 1s, art, tutorials, etc.), but I will try to keep it in the same topic. For my first week of being curator, I will keep most of the projects I curate with an electronic-ish type of topic (pixled games, calculators, 3D thing-a-ma-jigs, etc.). For my second week, the topic will switch to anime (art, anime dress ups, anime drawing tutorials, animations, etc.), because I LOVE anime! I know what you are probably thinking "anime has NOTHING to do with programing, or even scratch itself!" well, THAT'S where you're wrong! Think about, anime is art, and where would programming be without art? I mean, how can you have a good scrolling game, if your sprites don't look good? Who wants to play a virtual game of tag, if your character just looks like a blob?  I don't know, so that means art is the foundation of good games and animations.  wink  Of course, I will still chose SOME projects outside these topics, but it will generally stay the same.  wink

I hope you consider choosing me to be the next curator; it would be a great honor!  tongue

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#1953 2010-07-31 21:28:14

Ninja-Moley69
Scratcher

I Wanna Be A Curator Because I Like To Favorite Stuff That's Looked Over, And I Believe All Scratchers Deserve A Chance At Fame.
Kthxbye
<3

#1954 2010-07-31 21:33:41

turtlewarrior
Scratcher

I definitely want to be a curator. And, here are a few good reasons why:

1:I make helpful comments whenever and wherever possible.

2:I know plenty of great games by other authors that deserve more views.

3: If selected as a curator I would search through all of scratch and pick only the finest, most wonderful projects there are, then carefully examine each one and pick 3 for the front page

4: I would never EVER put up projects because of bribery, and the projects would appeal to all audiences, girls, boys, and programmers alike

5:While I don't have as much projects as other people, I am planning on making 8 more over the summer. Also, unlike many scratchers most of mine will be very high quality

6: I have a lot of experience  watching movies, then rating them in my head, so I'll be able to pick some enjoyable ones.

7: While the attention is nice, that's not one of the reasons I want to be a curator. I want to be a curator because I think it could benefit scratch and it's many many many people.

8: Instead of just saying " I want to be a curator" I actually took the time to make this list

9: I see a lot of projects that don't get the credit they deserve.

Just adding on to what I could do:

10: A lot of people think that projects with a small amount of scripts should not go on the front page, but I would put projects ranging from 50 scripts to 500!

11: I go on scratch every day

12: I could select projects every 2 days. Of course I could do it every day but the projects I choose need attention for a solid amount of time.

13:Honestly, I think the "recommended gallery" is a wonderful idea and I will check out there first

14: Instead of JUST looking at programmers that are well known ( but I will look at them as well) I will search around scratches newest projects and see if any of those might make it into my decision

15: Here is how I'll work: First I'll search well known and not-so-well known artists, not giving any special exceptions to my friends, then I will pick about 10 to 20 to be considered. I will replay all of them, and get my family and friends to vote on it so I can have projects that are accepted by adults, kids, boys, and girls. That should narrow it down to about 5. Then, I'll select the 2 with either 1)The least amount of work that looks done (so I'll look through the scripts, the length of the scripts and the creativity of the game) and 2) The one least best liked by everyone. So the other three will be on the front page!

While I'm at it...

16: I'm a fairly experienced scratchers who has made many games which I've not yet uploaded to Scratch. I will look out for unique games whenever possible.

17: I've been in Scratch for over a year.

I actually posted this a year ago. I don't know why I said that though, so I'll stop talking now.

Last edited by turtlewarrior (2010-08-01 11:45:58)

#1955 2010-08-01 08:11:41

werdna123
Scratcher

I think if you where to choose me as curator I would choose platform and scrolling games, made by users who don't get noticed so much for there talent. But I would choose project with something different for example, I wouldn't choose one which was just a platformer with nothing much in it, but I would choose ones with, maybe, Power ups.

Thanks for your time

---Werdna---

#1956 2010-08-01 16:10:41

funnyman1120
Scratcher

i want to be curator, but not for fame, but for the people. i have tried to get great projects on the front page by puting them in my newspaper, didn't work. i tried telling people about them alot, never worked. i remember being on the front page featured. it felt great, i would want to give that enjoyment to other people. some of the games i would put in would be the ones from my newspapers.

I hope you chose me for curator, not so i will get famous, but so other people will!
smile  Scratch On!

Check out my website for updates on all your favorite games! Funnyman1120's Website

#1957 2010-08-01 16:31:41

PinkZebra779
Scratcher

I would love to be curator!  I like virtual pet projects, art projects, and anything that stands out!

Check out my character's (Miu's) website @:www.miusblog.weebly.com

#1958 2010-08-01 20:30:08

midnightleopard
Scratcher

pwease?

http://pwp.wizards.com/5103673563/Scorecards/Landscape.png

#1959 2010-08-02 10:24:13

zelda456
Scratcher

I would like to be a Curator,I will not however suck up to the program by doing all these promises,I will choose the ones I feel need to be reconized. smile

Last edited by zelda456 (2010-08-02 10:29:36)

You Can't spell slaughter with out laughter
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2008/028/0/9/Itachi__s_laugh___EDIT___by_Fox4859.gif

#1960 2010-08-02 14:54:27

rcs2112
Scratcher

I would LOVE to become a curator! I would choose the most loved, and most commented on projects to be on the front page!
My Life is scratch.
My DREAM is to become a curator.
Thanks!    smile

#1961 2010-08-02 15:14:05

turtlewarrior
Scratcher

rcs2112 wrote:

I would LOVE to become a curator! I would choose the most loved, and most commented on projects to be on the front page!
My Life is scratch.
My DREAM is to become a curator.
Thanks!    smile

There's already seperate sections on the front page for the most loved and.

Last edited by turtlewarrior (2010-08-02 15:14:39)

#1962 2010-08-02 19:35:28

JULLY5647
Scratcher

oooooooooooooossssssssssssssooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee<pen down>

#1963 2010-08-02 19:50:01

ScratchReallyROCKS
Scratcher

I quote what I said many, many pages back.

ScratchReallyROCKS wrote:

I think I might want to be a curator, one question though, what if you favorite all your projects? Won't it seem a little weird for people? (Not that I have, I'm just asking.)

EDIT: Oh yeah, will it automatically update when you favorite new projects?

plus, I add more:

I browse the Scratch website every day, looking for projects that I like, and only the ones I really like make it to my favorites. I only choose the very best (in my opinion) and I think most of them deserve to be recognized. There is a lot unknown talent on Scratch, and I think I would bring some of it to the rest of the community.  smile

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/3806/sigmad.png

#1964 2010-08-02 22:13:30

funnyman1120
Scratcher

what if there is already a project on your favorites and you want it on the front page

Check out my website for updates on all your favorite games! Funnyman1120's Website

#1965 2010-08-02 22:29:29

knight5656
Scratcher

does anyone know who will be curator after leebee? Kayybee told me she curated one of my projects, but that doesn't make sense because she isn't, and never was curator.  hmm

This paragraph has odd things to it. It looks a normal paragraph, but this is not a normal paragraph, if you know what is funny about it, post your thought in a location so that I will find it. if you think that it's normal, look at my writing! You might think it's normal, if you think coaching will aid you, try that! But not many humans will find odd things about this paragraph.

#1966 2010-08-02 22:57:45

TheRandomHippo
Scratcher

Id like to become curator id put funny and fun projects

#1967 2010-08-02 23:14:37

knight5656
Scratcher

knight5656 wrote:

does anyone know who will be curator after leebee? Kayybee told me she curated one of my projects, but that doesn't make sense because she isn't, and never was curator.  hmm

nevermind, I just realised that kayybee IS the curator, oops.  tongue   roll

This paragraph has odd things to it. It looks a normal paragraph, but this is not a normal paragraph, if you know what is funny about it, post your thought in a location so that I will find it. if you think that it's normal, look at my writing! You might think it's normal, if you think coaching will aid you, try that! But not many humans will find odd things about this paragraph.

#1968 2010-08-03 01:56:54

windowsapple
Scratcher

lol.

#1969 2010-08-03 11:09:09

blueman64
Scratcher

I would love to become a curator i would pick innovative project about thing that haven't been done or haven't been noticed

#1970 2010-08-03 15:37:30

BlueTaslem
Scratcher

I'd like to become a curator because I enjoy programming. I'm excellent at it, whether it's in Scratch or in Java. Because of this, I really appreciate the effort of overcoming Scratch's simplicity and creating very cool stuff.
Too many of those projects go unnoticed, and it would be nice to give some of the unknown programmers out there some credit.

#1971 2010-08-04 16:09:00

Ericthegreat
Scratcher

I would like to be the next Scratch curator because I have only been on Scratch for 2 weeks and i have already made a game with 190 scripts. In other words, I am always on scratch and the sudden that I could find a nice game or animation, right on the home page it would go.  There are loads of projects that go unnoticed except for their very debut on the front page as one of the recent projects.  I think that scratch needs more diversity on the front page, and i think that i would be great at helping those people that normally go unnoticed get noticed and feel better about their projects and keep on scratching.  If I were to go without having a single view on one of my really nice games for more than a week then i would probably quit, and so I do not want that to happen to other people.  Plus, as just a scratcher in general, I have already recommended and helped my school download scratch, and I have referenced scratch to 10 people that I know and they have made accounts. One example is annabanna822, she is my cousin and I got her started on scratch yesterday and now she just can't stop!  If I were to become the new scratch curator, I would pick projects that represent effort, no matter how beginning the concept is, because I want to encourage those who are still just beginning to continue scratching and hopefully be able to create a popular project for once.  I would also choose games and animations that represent a deal of programming time, and games with really good graphics.  I think it is a good idea to have great and amateur games represented because that way more people will be interested in this program.  I hope you have enjoyed my application and I hope to talk to you in the near future. Thanks for your time and don't forget, Scratch On!  smile

Check Out My Awesome New Projects:   Pokemon Battle Arena, and God Of War: Battle Of The Universe!
Scratch on!!!

#1972 2010-08-04 18:12:21

CoolerThanIce
Scratcher

I would like to be a scratch curator not only because I have diverse projects myself (Animations, sims games, platformers, drawings, stop motion etc.) but also because I would like to draw attention to the users just starting out on scratch and the users that are experienced at programming.

It is sometimes difficult to get popular on scratch, as it is difficult to advertise your projects, so I would draw attention to the great beginner scratchers, but also keep the public eye on the really great projects of both new and experienced scratchers alike.

I also use all sorts of games myself, shooters, sims, art, simulation, platformers, dress ups and more, so I would not ignore a genre of games just because I don't know it.

I've been using scratch for five years now, and it would be an honor to become a scratch curator.

#1973 2010-08-05 11:23:19

ilikepie2017
Scratcher

i would like to become a curator :-)

big_smile I <3 BASKETBALL, GIR AND PIE!! big_smile  LONG LIVE GIR!!!!!! PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/401242_med.png?t=2010-08-04+10%3A43%3A46http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/401242_med.png?t=2010-08-04+10%3A43%3A46

#1974 2010-08-05 17:20:10

ian528
Scratcher

I want to be a curator! I have lots of free time.

I would like to pick creative projects.
I will also pick projects that are great but dont get any views.

Last edited by ian528 (2010-08-05 17:23:06)

#1975 2010-08-05 17:25:57

adriangl
Scratcher

I would like to become curator of the home page. I would pick classic games, remixes of popular games, random things that are interesting to me, and funny animations. I would focus on unnoticed projects and remixes that take the original game to a whole new level.

Scratchin' since 2007

Board footer