This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1926 2010-07-27 18:49:37

bb4
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I'd like to be the curator, because i want to pick projects who dont get many views. And, the ones without much views they quit eventually. No one likes when people quit. Especially, if they are your friends on scratch. I would definitly be sad if one of my friends on scratch quit. So that is my I'd like to be curator  smile

#1927 2010-07-27 20:23:11

New Scratcher

I totally agree!

#1928 2010-07-27 21:03:42

melongirl
Scratcher

i would put up projects that are really good and dont have alot of views<3

#1929 2010-07-28 01:56:10

Beeman98
Scratcher

i would like to be a curator

http://i.imgur.com/rnXry.gif SCRATCH ON!

#1930 2010-07-28 10:07:08

fancydan
New Scratcher

What a great idea!

-----------------------------

#1931 2010-07-28 17:09:33

recycle49
Scratcher

Wolfie1996 wrote:

Well, I’ve been looking at this thread for a while now - since I noticed an interesting project on the curator spot. I didn’t actually consider becoming a curator until greenflash curated my project, MAZE 2, way back in mid-March. It was then I realised how it felt to see your own name on the front page. I knew then that I wanted to share this feeling with others – it was simply so good!

Now, you may be wondering “If Wolfie had been considering this opportunity since mid-March, why didn’t she apply for it?”. A number of reasons – the first being that I wanted to have an organised session as curator, so that I knew exactly what I’m going to curate each day. The second, is that I didn’t feel like writing a speech until now  tongue  (actually, I wrote this speech a month or so ago, but forgot to post it >.<)

I will choose three new projects every day, with a theme (eg, platformers, 1s1s games, OSes ‘n’ Apps, and more). I love projects that can be played over and over, without getting boring, or that can be learned from in some way (tutorials! TUTORIALS!  big_smile  I have only chosen two tutorials to curate so far  tongue ). Another point that I considered when creating my list of “picks” was finding something that would fit the genre, but still being a bit different to the other projects I choose for that day.

In fact, I have a list that currently has 26 projects of 12 different themes (my list is a little thin-on-the-ground at the moment – I have to work out two more genres, and find another 16 projects or so). As I said earlier, I’m planning on choosing 42 projects in total, as that is the answer to Life, The Universe a- wait a minute, in this case, it’s because I would have a 14 days, with 3 projects a day. Ideally, I’d choose 96 projects (‘cuz it’s the best numbah evah 8D), but that would mean that I would choose 6.9 projects per day... or one update with 3 new projects every 10.4 hours... which would mean that some people would have projects on at peak times, and others wouldn’t. And that’s unfair... D:

Back on topic, I’d love to take this on!  big_smile

EDIT: Also, I would try to curate projects by active users where possible, so that people who are still involved in Scratch would have a "time to shine" while they are active  big_smile

Thats sounds like a good plan!

"Every challenge must be met, every battle must be won, and every story will end." -Me
Recycle49 December 09 - November 11 Goodbye

#1932 2010-07-28 17:37:42

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Wolfie1996 wrote:

Well, I’ve been looking at this thread for a while now - since I noticed an interesting project on the curator spot. I didn’t actually consider becoming a curator until greenflash curated my project, MAZE 2, way back in mid-March. It was then I realised how it felt to see your own name on the front page. I knew then that I wanted to share this feeling with others – it was simply so good!

[Etcetera, etcetera]

Wow! What a great speech! If I were a member of the Scratch Team I'd definitely choose you - I hope you get chosen! Knowing you, you probably will  tongue

#1933 2010-07-28 22:03:27

New Scratcher

i agree like 17588

#1934 2010-07-29 11:31:03

ILuvPeanuts
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator. Why? Great projects take a lot of effort to make AND fix. Some get viewed, but most just disappear. Then the makers are pretty sad that they took so much effort to make it, but no one looked at it. But Curators have the chance to make
people proud and happy of projects they worked hard on. And they don't have to be those fancy ones. They can be those simples ones that they are proud of.If I was a curator, why just pick great or awesome? i would pick good and proud projects

^_^

If the color is green, pie is yellow, and pink is the new green, what color is the sky?

#1935 2010-07-29 12:48:50

-Stormstreak
Scratcher

I think I should be picked to be a curator because. 1.My first account was ThunderClan, on the curator submition page one of ThunderClan's projects are on it!!!! Second, on my old account Darkwingedwolf I did games, animation tests, stories, and art. And I do the same on this account. Third, I befriend many scratchers. Fourth, I would pick projects that deserve to be there.  smile
Thanks!,
Hope I get picked!!!

#1936 2010-07-29 13:01:05

-Stormstreak
Scratcher

I would like to be the curator because I want to show scratchers how good others are. I would choose three new projects each day. I'd do atleast one game, one story, one animation, one art, one tutorial, one rpg info, and one remix. I like all kinds of projects. And I promise I'll pick a variety. I've been aplying for this many times. I encourage everyone to look at my projects and my friends' projects, which would be an example of some I'd pick. Since I made this account recently, I haven't favorited much, but I will. I challenge myself to look at other's, besides my friends' art too.

Thank you,
Stormstreak
smile

#1937 2010-07-29 19:19:13

mmlewis
Scratcher

cool  COOL! Can I be a curator please! It sounds so awesome! i'd like to show projects that i thought are aweswome and should be noticed, cause some awesome projects that are really good dont get noticed! That shouldnt happen  mad ! People should have a chance! So I want to be a curator to stop that!

Thanks!  big_smile
I really hope that I get chosen! smile

"where there is hope, there is faith. Where there is faith miracles can occur"

#1938 2010-07-29 19:42:38

mmlewis
Scratcher

a

"where there is hope, there is faith. Where there is faith miracles can occur"

#1939 2010-07-29 20:09:23

hanazono32
Scratcher

I'd like to be a curator~

I'm interested in art and animation the scratchers have put up. It's really nice to see someone so dedicated to artwork to actually draw something out frame by frame.

#1940 2010-07-29 20:44:11

emilypie
Scratcher

hanazono32 wrote:

I'd like to be a curator~

I'm interested in art and animation the scratchers have put up. It's really nice to see someone so dedicated to artwork to actually draw something out frame by frame.

I agree. animations inspired me to do art. imagine how long it must take to draw each frame of an animation. ESPECIALLY the ones with good art.  wink

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#1941 2010-07-29 21:21:04

ScratchGenius7
Scratcher

i agree with emily chan.i want to be curator because i would put different projects. art, aniation, games and stuff with barely many veiws!

#1942 2010-07-30 08:27:31

scratchlove43
Scratcher

I would really love to be a curator. I would pick really great projects and like ScratchGenius7 said with barely many views! Thanks

Scratch Is A Cool Website  lol

#1943 2010-07-30 12:42:39

Vaki-Tak
Scratcher

can i be a curator?

#1944 2010-07-30 13:13:27

tinoesroho
Scratcher

Curatorship would be the greatest honor one can receive, outside of having a featured project/gallery or becoming a moderator. With great power comes great responsibility. I believe I can handle, yea, wield the power of curator wisely.

Many projects, I'm convinced, don't get their fair share of time in the spotlight. Great projects usually aren't as well noticed by the world at large. I'm out to change that.

Good games deserve to shine. Good art deserves a chance in the spotlight. Good demonstrations deserve their chance.

Feel free to give me a chance.
tinoesroho

 Maurer Rose by TheVikings Should be featured. See the project in action here and my reasons here. 

#1945 2010-07-30 13:39:56

silvery
Scratcher

hi! i'd like to be a curator! i'd try to pick a variaty of projects that have been worked on really hard. i will probably choose unfamous scratchers over famous scratchers.

#1946 2010-07-30 14:18:15

abaustin1
New Scratcher

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,
can I be a scratch curator!

#1947 2010-07-30 20:36:07

Yickpoo
Scratcher

I'd very much like to be a curator. I'm interested in 3D, Rpg's, FPS's and animations. I'd like to show these projects because I'm bored seeing the same people on the front page every week. I'd also just like to put a stop to all the Kaj rumours getting abour Scratch. He is not back and he has no followers.

-Satisfying Scratchers since 2007-

#1948 2010-07-30 22:49:03

-Stormstreak
Scratcher

Ithink I should be picked to be a curator because. 1.My first account was ThunderClan, on the curator submition page one of ThunderClan's projects are on it!!!! Second, on my old account Darkwingedwolf I did games, animation tests, stories, and art. And I do the same on this account. Third, I befriI would like to be the curator because I want to show scratchers how good others are. I would choose three new projects each day. I'd do atleast one game, one story, one animation, one art, one tutorial, one rpg info, and one remix. I like all kinds of projects. And I promise I'll pick a variety. I've been aplying for this many times. I encourage everyone to look at my projects and my friends' projects, which would be an example of some I'd pick. Since I made this account recently, I haven't favorited much, but I will. I challenge myself to look at other's, besides my friends' art too.

Thank you,
Stormstreak

#1949 2010-07-31 05:33:20

Yickpoo
Scratcher

Oh and a reason as to why I should be curator is I made the default avatar and I hardly have any views and I wish to help those like me.

-Satisfying Scratchers since 2007-

#1950 2010-07-31 13:22:34

COLE-FBI
Scratcher

The reason I like to be the curator is, I think it would be fun, I would have my name in the front page, and then I would be more popular! I like really any kind of projects!

Last edited by COLE-FBI (2010-07-31 13:22:50)

Board footer